Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

They have to get rid of one of Beckham, Donovan or Angel before they buy him. Squad rules and all that.

Probably Angel, which is a shame really as he's been decent in the MLS.

Not the past season or so though, too washed even for the MLS now.

I doubt it. He's no longer a star player or even a starter in a top European league, but I think his natural talent and style of play will lead him to 3 or 4 more years of good performances in your retirement league or Australia's.

Tottenham are very close competitors to city. Seems a poor idea for city to loan him there.

City don't see Spurs as competition.  With their resources, it's hard to argue with their opinion.  This is what's been said about Adebayor................

Re Adebayor.  Levy has reluctantly agreed to split his 175k a week wages on one yr loan city will pay rest of his wages, combination of 3 things now means this deal likely,mancini wants him away from first team squad,we are getting desperate and jose has not followed through with his initial interest

our desperation re strikers is caused by a few factors, ridiculous asking prices, crazy wage demands and lastly harry constantly changing his f**king mind,he did it in all jan with van bommel and now is doing it with striking options,dl aint happy cos he knows harry is media savvy and will pass buck, dl will get grief if we are left with pav and crouch up top come sept,their relationship aint brill and as ive said before if there's either a slow start or harry goes down harry is toast. dl is big anceloti fan

im not a huge dl fan but he is willing and able to spend 30million ish for right striker,wages of over 100k a week are a problem for us though,getting shot of a few bodies such as keano whos on 60k as week will help us no end we simply cant just add another 200-300k a week on wages without getting rid of some of our unwanted first teamers first

Levy has flown to Portugal today, no one has said who he might be after after but most people are hoping for Falcao.  Postiga more likely  :undecided:

Looking wildly above their station will be why.

No reason for Falcao, Llorente, Forlan and whoever else they've were linked with to move to Spurs IMO. It's not a step up particularly, nor will the money be. They really needed to qualify for the CL again to kick on properly which unfortunately for them they didn't.

If they're going for the Crouch replacement which it would appear they are, it's not helped by that type of striker being a dying breed.

As I said earlier though Adebayor would be a class signing. I'd be pissing all over the floor in excitement if we got him for £70k p/w.

No reason for Falcao, Llorente, Forlan and whoever else they've were linked with to move to Spurs IMO. It's not a step up particularly, nor will the money be. They really needed to qualify for the CL again to kick on properly which unfortunately for them they didn't.

If they're going for the Crouch replacement which it would appear they are, it's not helped by that type of striker being a dying breed.

As I said earlier though Adebayor would be a class signing. I'd be pissing all over the floor in excitement if we got him for £70k p/w.

tbh I could see Llorente or Forlan maybe going to Spurs if they stumped up the wages and fee but can't see Levy putting up that kind of cash (wage wise anyway)

tbh I could see Llorente or Forlan maybe going to Spurs if they stumped up the wages and fee but can't see Levy putting up that kind of cash (wage wise anyway)

Only for increased wages IMO (which wouldn't happen) They both have just as much chance as getting in the CL with their respective clubs plus they're club legends where they are (maybe not so much with Forlan but still pretty popular)

Yeah, last year of contract.

not Cahills biggest fan anyway, overhyped imho, decent but not as outstanding as some claim if Bolton got an offer like that (and I doubt its true) then good deal for them

I agree, though we will miss him a lot if he goes - despite being overhyped he is comfortably our best defender.

£10m? Not a bad deal.

N'Gog is worth £-2M then? :D