Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Think the signing of Adebayor has put Spurs right back in the mixer like. If they do sign Parker and Diarra, along with Sandro, they've got a good spine to their team who can do all of the dirty work for Van Der Vaart.

always likely though I don't know why Spurs would want to sign him

Being said on the forums that 2 or 3 of our dross will go in the opposite direction on loan, halving their wage bill and the loan fees making a big dent in the fee Wham are wanting.  Sounding like a good deal in prospect.

i think lassana diarra is a very underated player and looks class most the time he gets a game for madrid. Got great mobility, nicks the ball back all the time and then plays the right ball. Dare i say it, a slightly better version of tiote

Spurs have arguably the best DM in the league in Sandro, aswell as Huddlestone.  Why the need for Parker?

Huddlestone's not really a DM, like.

I agree generally though, don't see the point. Mainly because I think Parker is a crock of shit.

Aye ana, that's why I said aswell as.

What I was getting at is that they've got all areas of central midfield covered.  With better options than Parker.

Tim Nichols from Evening Standard reckons Levy is unwilling to back Harry in the transfer market with England job beckoning. Could have something to with that.

Also that Redknapp's court case comes up soon and there's a good chance he'll be found guilty.

It's widely rumoured that Redknapp's recent comments about letting Modric go this window have been to push Levy into sacking him (with a £3m pay off) rather than getting sacked for gross misconduct (and getting zilch).  What is certain is that Levy and Redknapp have had major fallouts over the Modric situation.

Tim Nichols from Evening Standard reckons Levy is unwilling to back Harry in the transfer market with England job beckoning. Could have something to with that.

That might be true to some extent, but not in this case. Getting Parker would be backing Harry, as he would be far more a Harry signing than a Levy signing.

I'm not a fan of Parker, but I can see the point of this. When your only fit CMs for the first game of the season are a kid and Niko Kranjcar, then getting someone like Parker in can't be bad. He's English, which will give us more freedom to ditch people like Bentley vis a vis the squad rules. We're still missing a "scruff of the neck" captain who can gee up and organize, which Parker might just be able to do. At West Ham he looked fantastic on some days, terrible on others, but it seemed to me that a lot of that depended upon the players around him. There was some serious shiiiite in their squad.

We've hopefully got an awful lot of games to play this season, and need a squad to deal with that. Shipping out Bentley would be nice for a start, then we'll be looking to offload players like Hutton in positions that have cover. I'd be happy to keep Crouch and Defoe, but as bit-part players. Pav was atrocious last night, pitiful. If we can shift him and get Damiao in in January we start to look a decent team.

Bolton sign Dedryck Boyata on season-long loan from Manchester City.

We could have done with someone like that.

cover in case Cahill goes? problem is would he be first choice here? if not why would city loan us him

Bolton sign Dedryck Boyata on season-long loan from Manchester City.

We could have done with someone like that.

cover in case Cahill goes? problem is would he be first choice here? if not why would city loan us him

He's better than Taylor and Williamson.

West ham confirm we're talking to them regarding Scott Parker. Would be very happy with this.

Is that to go with Diarra? Or is that deal officially dead?

redknapp said yesterday it's very much alive but I doubt it. If you look at my posts from weeks back I did say I'd have prefered we get Parker over diarra when diarra was looking the most likely. Diarra offers nothing going forward IMO and I prefer sandro anyway. Parker on the other hand is a box to box combatitive cm and we dont have anyone like that in the team.

Which Parker is this? Peter Parker?

West ham confirm we're talking to them regarding Scott Parker. Would be very happy with this.

redknapp said yesterday it's very much alive but I doubt it. If you look at my posts from weeks back I did say I'd have prefered we get Parker over diarra when diarra was looking the most likely. Diarra offers nothing going forward IMO and I prefer sandro anyway. Parker on the other hand is a box to box combatitive cm and we dont have anyone like that in the team.

Which Parker is this? Peter Parker?

:lol:

Hope you enjoy the ballet KD.

http://rachelph21.edublogs.org/files/2011/03/pir-vo8kie.jpg

Guest kingdawson

LOL LMAO LOOOOL LMAO LOL LOOOOOL

Hush up when you're talking about the current writers player of the season please.

Just a cheeky little dig!

:razz:

The rest of the Spurs team move the ball well enough to allow Parker to flourish.

He'll do well for you guys. Harry will know how to get his best.

Be a shame if he replaces Sandro though, which looks likely if Modric stays.

Hope you enjoy the ballet KD.

http://rachelph21.edublogs.org/files/2011/03/pir-vo8kie.jpg

:D

Hush up when you're talking about the current writers player of the season please.

Please don't talk about that award like it means something. I don't think Parker is as bad as people are making out but that award is a joke.

Please don't talk about that award like it means something. I don't think Parker is as bad as people are making out but that award is a joke.

Parker - Rooney - Gerrard - Ronaldo - Ronaldo - Henry - Lampard - Henry - Henry - Pires

Not that much of a joke is it.