Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

On the subject of Bolton, they've brought on Wilshere and Sturridge really well in the past two years. I think they'll do the same with Kakuta, good move from Chelsea sending him there imo.

O0

When Redknapp goes next season (or before) I wouldn't be unhappy to see Coyle as his replacement.  Far better than the likes of Mark Hughes for example.

We should try to get rid of Squillaci (somehow) in January and offer them £5m ish for him when he has 6 months left + Miquel on loan.

Fair play to Wenger.  I never thought he would spend the money he did on the last day.   Smacks of desperation a bit but plugged the gaps created by Fabregas and Nasri.  Shame we never followed that example and got another striker and CB.   Now we're hoping we don't get injuries.............. 

I can see where it's coming from but how he was willing to turn his back on Arteta and only a loan for Benayoun I don't think it was pure desperation, I think it was needs must.

The annoying thing is since the minute the season ended he said that there will be a lot of transfer activity this summer he should and could have done it sooner.

They'll be fine.

Yakubu was no big part of the club anymore.

Beckford was nothing special and now they have someone else to  have a go.

Arteta is a loss but he's injured a lot and Drenthe will slot in, they'll be fine.

Everton have operated on a one in one out policy for years haven't they?

Looks like Everton got pissed on too. Yakubu, Beckford, Arteta out on the last day for £20 million, two players brought in on loans.

Everyone knowing that they have financial problems can't have helped them. I don't know much about Stracqualursi but I think Drenthe will do well for them.

Modric is a f***ing brilliant player, will would be a massive loss to Spurs if they sold him

Every player is for sale at the right price. Don't give a f*** what your ITKs have agreed. :thup:

If Modric goes  Bale and VDV would follow very quickly after.  If Modric goes in this window I'll happily give £100 to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, I've done that before but, on this occasion, I don't think I'll be donating anything.  I'm very confident.

I said I didn't believe Modric would go, although I was nervous when I heard the bid had gone up to £40m (I actually heard £42m).   But I had also been told that Levy was prepared to let Modric sit in the stands for the next 5 years so I'm not surprised it was still rejected.    Time will tell whether Levy did the right thing, I personally think so, I'm far less happy about no other striker or CB having been signed than £40+m being turned down.

Anyway, despite Modric still being at WHL I'll still be donating £100 to the SBRF in spite of Modric staying.   It's up there with the most worthy of causes.

Much respect MJ  :clap:

We should try to get rid of Squillaci (somehow) in January and offer them £5m ish for him when he has 6 months left + Miquel on loan.

Fair play to Wenger.  I never thought he would spend the money he did on the last day.  Smacks of desperation a bit but plugged the gaps created by Fabregas and Nasri.  Shame we never followed that example and got another striker and CB.  Now we're hoping we don't get injuries.............. 

I can see where it's coming from but how he was willing to turn his back on Arteta and only a loan for Benayoun I don't think it was pure desperation, I think it was needs must.

The annoying thing is since the minute the season ended he said that there will be a lot of transfer activity this summer he should and could have done it sooner.

Wenger and Redknapp both.  I'm not suggesting for a moment that Spurs and/or Arsenal could have been up with City/Utd/Chelsea but early signings could easily have improved our performances against Utd and City dramatically.

What is more frustrating for the Spurs supporters is the Head Scout recommended Suarez for £18m, Leandro Damiao for £13m and Ruiz for £9m.  Redknapp reckoned Suarez and Ruiz weren't suited to the Premier League (Suarez has already shot that theory to pieces, Ruiz will probably do the same for Fulham) and Leandro could be a possibility for January.  At the rate he's building his reputation in Brazil Leandro will be out of our range by that time.  Already the Inter President is talking about c£20m  when he does move to Europe.

They'll be fine.

Yakubu was no big part of the club anymore.

Beckford was nothing special and now they have someone else to  have a go.

Arteta is a loss but he's injured a lot and Drenthe will slot in, they'll be fine.

Everton have operated on a one in one out policy for years haven't they?

Very reasonable analysis.

Fair play to Wenger.  I never thought he would spend the money he did on the last day.   Smacks of desperation a bit but plugged the gaps created by Fabregas and Nasri.  Shame we never followed that example and got another striker and CB.   Now we're hoping we don't get injuries.............. 

Wenger and Redknapp both.   I'm not suggesting for a moment that Spurs and/or Arsenal could have been up with City/Utd/Chelsea but early signings could easily have improved our performances against Utd and City dramatically.

What is more frustrating for the Spurs supporters is the Head Scout recommended Suarez for £18m, Leandro Damiao for £13m and Ruiz for £9m.  Redknapp reckoned Suarez and Ruiz weren't suited to the Premier League (Suarez has already shot that theory to pieces, Ruiz will probably do the same for Fulham) and Leandro could be a possibility for January.   At the rate he's building his reputation in Brazil Leandro will be out of our range by that time.  Already the Inter President is talking about c£20m  when he does move to Europe.

But with us, it's not like we had players who were waiting for the Chelsea/City/ManU bid and we were second best, Park, Mertesacker, Arteta, Santos probably didn't have much better choices, it SHOULD have been done earlier, I'm not saying we would have come away with results in any of the games because of those signings but it would have been a lot more likely!

Guest kingdawson

Redknapp is a moron for the Suarez thing tbh and he's only gone and done the same thing with Ruiz. Redknapp actually had the nerve to put the blame on the scouts who apparently told him Suarez couldnt play up top by himself and wouldn't adjust well in this league . It's clear arry didn't rate Suarez and doesnt rate Ruiz who we could have easily got. No doubt he'll put the blame on the scouts should Ruiz be any good.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/world_of_sport__11/world_of_sport-19992797-1314871896.jpg?ymY5OlFDqfb1rx..

Winning.

Is there something similar for net spend chap?

Am sure West Brom spent £7million on Long? Or was the £4.5 the initial fee?

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/world_of_sport__11/world_of_sport-19992797-1314871896.jpg?ymY5OlFDqfb1rx..

Winning.

Am sure West Brom spent £7million on Long? Or was the £4.5 the initial fee?

initial i'm sure

Redknapp is a moron for the Suarez thing tbh and he's only gone and done the same thing with Ruiz. Redknapp actually had the nerve to put the blame on the scouts who apparently told him Suarez couldnt play up top by himself and wouldn't adjust well in this league . It's clear arry didn't rate Suarez and doesnt rate Ruiz who we could have easily got. No doubt he'll put the blame on the scouts should Ruiz be any good.

Can't argue with any of that.  I've heard that Broomfield isn't very happy about us not going for Ruiz.  Don't forget that it was only Levy's intervention which got us Sandro, Broomfield followed him for months while the partnership with Internacional was being set up only for Redknapp to say he thought Diarra was a better option even if he would cost twice as much!

Winning.

Spurs' net spend is more than -£20m and that includes buying Coulibaley that wasn't included in Spurs purchases.   Straight out of the Mike Ashley Book of Footballing Investment.

My first thought when I heard Drenthe got transferred to Everton was "poor Neil".

Anyway, no big business in Spain in the last day, apart from the Diego loan which had been in the works for quite a while. If you think you have it bad, look at Espanyol's transfer window. Sold their best player for €17m and brought a 35 year old on a free as replacement.