Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

My first thought when I heard Drenthe got transferred to Everton was "poor Neil".

Anyway, no big business in Spain in the last day, apart from the Diego loan which had been in the works for quite a while. If you think you have it bad, look at Espanyol's transfer window. Sold their best player for 17m and brought a 35 year old on a free as replacement.

Practically us in January except £35m and 34 years old on a free transfer :lol:

Also, a player I went 'huh, forgot about him' when seeing they had been released was Jason Koumas. Was once quite high in demand I thought. Remember seeing us linked to him a while back as well.

Is he the one that killed someone with his car? His career never recovered to the same height after his release.

What the hell is happening with Diego? He was tipped to be one of the best midfielders around.

Seems to have lost his way (and his head) a bit these past two years, but there should be a player in there so it could be a big move for Atlético (and not much risk in it since it's a loan).

Also, a player I went 'huh, forgot about him' when seeing they had been released was Jason Koumas. Was once quite high in demand I thought. Remember seeing us linked to him a while back as well.

Is he the one that killed someone with his car? His career never recovered to the same height after his release.

That didn't happen :lol:

I hope Stoke is not bracing for financial suicide.

I wouldn't think that likely while the Coates family are the owners.

Coates is getting on and one of his kids doesn't want to invest in the club so it's unsure once Coates pops off what will happen.

Am I the only one who thinks Stoke should be doing better than what they are considering their spend every season? I mean Pulis gets praised for doing a good job, but seriously with the money they spend they should be doing well. Probably could start playing better football too.

Am I the only one who thinks Stoke should be doing better than what they are considering their spend every season? I mean Pulis gets praised for doing a good job, but seriously with the money they spend they should be doing well. Probably could start playing better football too.

the fact he bought crouch and jerome puts an end to any vague hope some may have had Pulis would change his ways but no he'll stick with his eye bleedingly bad football, hopefully they'll get found out this season (I've been saying that for a few seasons mind)

Be interesting to see how long it takes for midtable hoofball to be no longer acceptable by their fans/board.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Look at that. 2006-2011 spending. Now take into account the fact Stoke weren't even in the league for 2 of those 5 seasons and add on the £22 million or so they've invested again this season. It makes them just about the highest spenders outside of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manure. That's fucking astronomical investment, for what, 15th place last season?

Granted a team that comes up from years in the CCC will have a CCC squad and will need to spend to improve more than other established sides, but come on. I don't understand why this doesn't get highlighted more.

Coates is getting on and one of his kids doesn't want to invest in the club so it's unsure once Coates pops off what will happen.

He's in his early 70's, he's not on his last legs yet.  :lol:

What happens when he does eventually keel over I don't know but Stoke City will still be a saleability commodity, it's a well run club.   I don't think financial suicide is likely tbh.

He's in his early 70's, he's not on his last legs yet.  :lol:

What happens when he does eventually keel over I don't know but Stoke City will still be a saleability commodity, it's a well run club.   I don't think financial suicide is likely tbh.

If he really? He's not doing well for his age. He's decrepit and frail.