Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Everton will stay up - Moyes being the main reason.

He's had some s*** teams in his time & no real money, the man could squeeze blood out of a stone.

No, the main reason being that there are still plenty of worse teams in the league despite Beckford & Arteta going.

Moyes hasn't had a shit squad to work with since 2004/5-ish.

Even now, it's only up front where we have shit options but it's been Moyes' choice not to cash in elsewhere to reinvest in strikers. Even when we sold Lescott for big money, we were desperate for a forward. So he bought a direct replacement (Distin), a pointless utility player (Heitinga) & yet another central attacking midfielder (Bily).

btw those talking about Neville & Cahill- they hold the team back these days. Pisses me and a lot of other people off that they're still automatic picks for Moyes.

We'll finish about 10th imo.

Guest sydneycove

Cahill- they hold the team back these days. Pisses me and a lot of other people off that they're still automatic picks for Moyes.

The guy who chipped in the 3rd most goals last season for your squad despite only playing 28 games is holding you back.....  :dowie:

Guest CheickMansour

Everton will almost certainly stay up. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise, tbh, especially when there's still the likes of Swansea, Norwich and Wigan. Blackburn don't look too hot either, and I'm not impressed by QPR's signings.

They have genuine depth to their squad (in terms of quality) that will see them through rough patches. They are weak regarding options up front - but so are we, yet most people on this board believe that we'll be comfortably mid-table.

Cahill- they hold the team back these days. Pisses me and a lot of other people off that they're still automatic picks for Moyes.

The guy who chipped in the 3rd most goals last season for your squad despite only playing 28 games is holding you back.....  :dowie:

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/kevin-nolan-funky-chicken.jpg

?

Guest kingdawson

Everton will stay up - Moyes being the main reason.

He's had some s*** teams in his time & no real money, the man could squeeze blood out of a stone.

No, the main reason being that there are still plenty of worse teams in the league despite Beckford & Arteta going.

Moyes hasn't had a s*** squad to work with since 2004/5-ish.

Even now, it's only up front where we have s*** options but it's been Moyes' choice not to cash in elsewhere to reinvest in strikers. Even when we sold Lescott for big money, we were desperate for a forward. So he bought a direct replacement (Distin), a pointless utility player (Heitinga) & yet another central attacking midfielder (Bily).

btw those talking about Neville & Cahill- they hold the team back these days. Pisses me and a lot of other people off that they're still automatic picks for Moyes.

What's your best X1?

Guest sydneycove

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/kevin-nolan-funky-chicken.jpg

?

Major difference being Cahill can play for more than 20 minutes without being on his haunches out of breath.

Accommodating him ruins our balance, shape and play.

And his legs are going so his one attribute apart from the goals, the work rate to 'defend from the front' and get in peoples faces, is also diminishing.

I love the fella. His attitude, goals and commitment have been great but I think he's getting past it now.

Guest sydneycove

And his legs are going so his one attribute apart from the goals, the work rate to 'defend from the front' and get in peoples faces, is also diminishing.

I love the fella. His attitude, goals and commitment have been great but I think he's getting past it now.

Fair enough on that part but if Moyes stuck him up front in the Nolan role we had from last season could pay massive dividends.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The guy who chipped in the 3rd most goals last season for your squad despite only playing 28 games is holding you back.....  :dowie:

Kevin Nolan argument.

Edit- I see it's already been done.  :doh:

Would it be worth your while playing him as a striker?

Team of players who will improve/increase in value over the next 3 - 5 years.

------------------de Gea-------

Santon----Dann-----Jones-----Enrique

-----------------Romeu---------------------

A Young-------Cabaye-------------Mata

-----------------Vuckevic--------------

----------Lukaku---------Aguero

Ruiz, Long,  Jenkinson, Coates, Wickham, Situ and Chamberlin

lol 12 players

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2011/09/02/2648033/anzhi-makhachkala-miss-out-on-762m-deadline-day-signing-of

Anzhi Makhachkala narrowly missed out on signing Porto forward Hulk for an €87 million fee on transfer deadline day, Goal.com can reveal.

A delegation sent to Portugal by the Dagestani side had reached a preliminary agreement with Porto to sign the Brazil international. However, the Portuguese club's attempt to raise the player's asking price at the last minute scuppered the deal.

Both clubs reached an accord over a transfer fee of €87m [£76.2m] by 19:00 BST on Wednesday, while personal terms, including an annual salary of €10.5m [£9.2m], were also agreed upon.

However, just two hours after agreeing on an €87m fee, Porto president Pinto da Costa asked Anzhi to raise their initial bid to €90m [£78.9m], a request that ultimately brought a premature end to the talks.

The information came to light due to the unsuccessful attempt of Saint-Etienne to sign the Porto forward Walter Henrique da Silva. The Ligue 1 outfit were in advanced talks with the Europa League holders over a season-long loan deal, with a view to making the transfer permanent at the end of the campaign.

However, late on deadline day Porto pulled the plug on the deal as they unexpectedly needed to count on him for the upcoming season in light of Hulk's looming departure. Walter, who joined the Estadio do Dragao outfit from Internacional in the summer of 2010, was on Thursday ommited from the club's Champions League squad as a result of his compatriot's stay.

The Dagestani side have not yet given up hope of bringing the 25-year-old striker to the Russian Premier League though and are determined to make another attempt to sign him in the January transfer window.

When contacted by Goal.com, Jose Aparecido Miguel, one of Hulk's representatives, confirmed that talks had taken place between the two clubs over a prospective move and that the Russian outfit had submitted a bid to the Portuguese champions.

"A Russian club were firm and tabled an offer. Porto received an offer," Miguel told Goal.com.

When contacted by Goal.com, an Anzhi spokesperson refused to confirm or deny whether the big-spending Russian club had made an attempt to sign Hulk, while a spokesman for Porto would only say: "We never comment on those things, when there is something to comment on, it is usually the president who does it."

Hulk recently agreed a new contract at Porto, the terms of which expire in the summer of 2016. The former Tokyo Verdy star's buyout clause has been set at €100m.

87million and they turned it down. Fuck replacement, they're still the best in Portugal, they could buy 3 Hulks with that money. Fucking hell though imagine Hulk - Etoo for anzhi, would rip the russian league apart.

Benfica and Sporting should massively close the gap this season though. Selling Hulk after Falcao could really damage their chances of getting in the CL although last time they ballsed up in that they ended up winning the Waffa Cup.

Guest Rainforest

Imagine living in fucking Dagistan though. Id want a fair amount of euros just for living there, let alone play fotball.

Donkeys in the streets and siblings shagging eachother, hell yesh.