Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

Redkanpp and Hughes are as bad as each other.

but nothing is said about Hughes doing it which was exactly my point earlier.

"It's common knowledge we've put in a bid for Chris Samba. We have a number of players we would like to bring to the club. We'll have to wait and see."

vs

"He is a good player but not a player we have made enquiries for. He is in there making headers and leading the team,"

and it's disgusting if he joins? gimme a break man.

"It's common knowledge we've put in a bid for Chris Samba. We have a number of players we would like to bring to the club. We'll have to wait and see."

vs

"He is a good player but not a player we have made enquiries for. He is in there making headers and leading the team,"

At least QPR have actually made an offer, whereas Redknapp's just saying whatever he likes without actually bidding.

vs

Yeah but Redkanppe does it about our players, so we hate him more. Plus Redknapp comes out and moands when another manager comes out and says it about your players, even though he is 10 times worse than any. Plus you are Spurs.

Harry does it again and again, yet theres never even been a hint at the FA punishing him because he's the media darling and the next England coach. That's what I find disgusting. We know tapping up goes on in football, but he is so blatant about it.

vs

there's not much of an issue with a manager confirming they've made a bid imo. hardly comparable with Redknapp trying to unsettle a prior via the press before there's been a bid lodged. fucker even does it with players he doesn't even want to sign, just to cause problems for his rivals, ie talking about the price carroll might go for to harm liverpool, or announcing Ba's release clause for all and sundry as we were edging a little too high up the table. man's a cunt.

Guest kingdawson

vs

At least QPR have actually made an offer, whereas Redknapp's just saying whatever he likes without actually bidding.

how do you know we haven't made a bid? because of what Rdknapp says?

stop making excuses man. Both are exactly the same (well actually Hughes' is actually worse being that he's publically disclosed that a bid has been made). If you're telling me Redknapp does it a lot then fair enough but how exactly can it be "disgusting" that he joins us but ok that he joins the other team who have used EXACTLY the same tactics to confirm their interest. Makes no sense.

Guest kingdawson

vs

there's not much of an issue with a manager confirming they've made a bid imo. hardly comparable with Redknapp trying to unsettle a prior via the press before there's been a bid lodged. f***er even does it with players he doesn't even want to sign, just to cause problems for his rivals, ie talking about the price carroll might go for to harm liverpool, or announcing Ba's release clause for all and sundry as we were edging a little too high up the table. man's a c***.

You're one of my favourite posters and i agree with this post. My issue is to single out Arry for the Samba incident in particular when our competition is usuing the same method to attain the player (Hughes has previously said how much he rates Samba before that comment about a bid btw).

Guest kingdawson

Harry does it again and again, yet theres never even been a hint at the FA punishing him because he's the media darling and the next England coach. That's what I find disgusting. We know tapping up goes on in football, but he is so blatant about it.

Name me a manageer that has been punished for stating they rate an opposition player? as i said before Rafa Benitez was the king of publically declaring interest in a player but nothing was done. Every manager does it (and often) but nobody will get punished for it. Nothing to do with Redknapp being the "media darling".

vs

there's not much of an issue with a manager confirming they've made a bid imo. hardly comparable with Redknapp trying to unsettle a prior via the press before there's been a bid lodged. f***er even does it with players he doesn't even want to sign, just to cause problems for his rivals, ie talking about the price carroll might go for to harm liverpool, or announcing Ba's release clause for all and sundry as we were edging a little too high up the table. man's a c***.

You're one of my favourite posters and i agree with this post. My issue is to single out Arry for the Samba incident in particular when our competition is usuing the same method to attain the player (Hughes has previously said how much he rates Samba before that comment about a bid btw).

well fair enough if hughes has made comments about rating Samba. I do think Redknapp is the most regular repeat offender though. he can't help winding down his car window and having a word.

Guest kingdawson

The idea of tapping up a player is going behind the club, if you've made a bid, you have followed the proper channels to sign him.

Yes but Hughes stated he rated Samba highly (ie publically declaring an interest)...then revealed they've made a bid (you think Blackburn wanted that to be public information?). Neither Hughes nor Redknapp have "gone through the proper channels".

The idea of tapping up a player is going behind the club, if you've made a bid, you have followed the proper channels to sign him.

Yes but Hughes stated he rated Samba highly (ie publically declaring an interest)...then revealed they've made a bid (you think Blackburn wanted that to be public information?). Neither Hughes nor Redknapp have "gone through the proper channels".

Making the bid public is a dick move indeed, but it's not going to unsettle the player more (he'd already been aware of it). And certainly not illegal.

Praising a player occasionally is fine too. There's a difference between praising somebody's quality and making comments on their transfer situation.

Spuds sign Yago Falque from Juve

Loan straight to Southampton

I thought they had him already? Iago Falque?

Was on a season long loan, taken up the option to buy. 

The Spurs Official site always says it's Yago, everyone else seems to call him Iago.

Guest kingdawson

Am I to presume he's decent then MJ?

He's played some Europa league games and looked pretty decent. My opinion is that we've bought him at next to nothing and are aware that he has the potential to go on to bigger and better things meaning more ££££££££££ for Daniel.

From what I've seen of him (which isn't a lot tbh), he looks a decent prospect but he's far from the finished article.  Spurs have been signing up a lot of foreign youngsters recently.  The feeling is getting the kids from Europe is far cheaper than signing them from Championship/League 1 clubs.  Sign them up, loan them out to lower divisions and see how they fare.  Develop well like Walker last season or Caulker this and we have first team squad players produced.  If they don't come up to scratch we have saleable players, win-win situation for Levy.

At the last count, we have 14 of the younger players out on loan and there are a fair few clubs wanting Coulibaly, Ceballos, Carroll, Gomelt and Veljkovic amongst others.    The new Training Centre, which is costing around £35m and will be completed next year, has had a lot to do with the change of philosophy.  For the first time in ages, we're competing for and getting youngsters that Arsenal have been wanting, the future is looking bright.

Spurs ITK say he's okay, but it has been unofficially confirmed on Twitter that he's the next coming of Christ.

"say he's ok" is a bit disrespectful, Dave.

Remember who you're talking about.

"The Spurs ITKs are in full agreement on said player, and deem him to be of high quality".