Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Surprised noones been in for Llorente yet. I imagine england's finest 'arry will talk a lot of crap about buying him then fail, were I a Spurs fan I'd be livid with his transfer policy atm, we've just shown how it's done, almost completely under the radar until it was pretty much done.

Can't argue with that. 

Newcastle identify a need, identify a player, sign said player, move on.

By contrast Harry goes to France saying he's going to look at Loic Remy, just as he did over 2 years ago.  Obviously hasn't made his mind up yet.

That said, we have got 2 more young Croatian players, a young Slovenian plus a 17 yr old keeper from Stockport County all on trial.  The transfer strategy I spoke about a couple of days ago seems to be flourishing.

Tottenham and Levy have nailed it. Seems like you've got a fantastic set up for youth whilst also making sure that the main team comes through as well. Considering how little time it's taken to become so good, it really is impressive. I remember when Keegan made the comment after that Chelsea game a few years back saying it was a closed shop in the top four. Just shows things can change very quickly if you have a very good model or are City and just buy whoever you want

Well, I think it's a bit of perfect storm coming together. You've had the financial mismanagement at Man United and Liverpool plus Man City appearing out of nowhere like a richer, crazier Chelsea.  Chelsea getting older, and not being able to turn on a dime. Put a lot of stress on the Top Four .  Credit to Tottenham.

Guest Heneage

On a side note: he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem, he's just a hard worker.

I'm curious to know what Bolton have seen to suggest he's anything other than what you say. Seems quite one footed too.

On a side note: he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem, he's just a hard worker.

I'm curious to know what Bolton have seen to suggest he's anything other than what you say. Seems quite one footed too.

I've never noticed him as being particularly one-footed, but maybe he is if I looked back at his goals. He's a decent finisher, and a hard worker, but he's slow, of mediocre strength, and by no means technically superb. He gets by in the MLS through his hard work and half decent finishing ability, it won't be enough for the Prem.

Hopefully it's just a loan...

Would like to see Llorente in the Premier League, when I've seen him I've been impressed.

I hope he stays where he is. Athletic are starting to get something cool going and it would be a massive loss for them. His contract situation makes me fear the worst, though.

Surprised noones been in for Llorente yet. I imagine england's finest 'arry will talk a lot of crap about buying him then fail, were I a Spurs fan I'd be livid with his transfer policy atm, we've just shown how it's done, almost completely under the radar until it was pretty much done.

Can't argue with that. 

Newcastle identify a need, identify a player, sign said player, move on.

By contrast Harry goes to France saying he's going to look at Loic Remy, just as he did over 2 years ago.  Obviously hasn't made his mind up yet.

That said, we have got 2 more young Croatian players, a young Slovenian plus a 17 yr old keeper from Stockport County all on trial.  The transfer strategy I spoke about a couple of days ago seems to be flourishing.

Tottenham and Levy have nailed it. Seems like you've got a fantastic set up for youth whilst also making sure that the main team comes through as well. Considering how little time it's taken to become so good, it really is impressive. I remember when Keegan made the comment after that Chelsea game a few years back saying it was a closed shop in the top four. Just shows things can change very quickly if you have a very good model or are City and just buy whoever you want

Well, I think it's a bit of perfect storm coming together. You've had the financial mismanagement at Man United and Liverpool plus Man City appearing out of nowhere like a richer, crazier Chelsea.  Chelsea getting older, and not being able to turn on a dime. Put a lot of stress on the Top Four .  Credit to Tottenham.

seems a strange thing to attribute their drop in form to. :lol:

Guest Heneage

Le Toux as a Davies replacement maybe? Random signing, indeed.

Do you mean in terms of a body or role and style of play? Yes on the former, no on the latter two.

Do you mean in terms of a body or role and style of play? Yes on the former, no on the latter two.

Hmm, well, probably a better squad option than Robbie Blake.

OC said he had eyes on a few MLS players, but now it seems to be the basis of our transfer policy.

Hmm, well, probably a better squad option than Robbie Blake.

OC said he had eyes on a few MLS players, but now it seems to be the basis of our transfer policy.

Must be worrying for you?