Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Heneage

Samba's off to Anzhi apparently.

£7.5 million apparently. A bit annoyed we didn't go for him at that price tbh.

Get the feeling they weren't doing business with English clubs.

Samba's off to Anzhi apparently.

What a waste of a player currently in his peak. Could easily be playing for a top 4 team in the Prem.

Yes what football needs is every good player playing for the top 4.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't think he's overrated at all like. Great defender and leader and would have made the perfect partner for Colo.

VVV Venlo have just signed Mustapha Babadidi, who is the top scorer in the Nigerian Premier League. They seem to be building quite a pipeline of young, Nigerian talent at that club. This follows them bringing Ahmed Musa and Michael Uchebo to Europe. The strategy worked with Musa and it is a fairly good one in theory, buy young Africans for nothing and promptly sell them for large fees, they got 10 million euros from it last month with rumours that the Nigerian clubs received nothing in return. Still, I prefer young players going to a team like this and actually playing rather than wasting away in the reserves of some bigger team.

/Martin Jol

/I know you don't care.

On the contrary. I quite enjoy receiving the odd snippet about African football/African transfers - we hear so little of it in this country which is surprising given the number of top African players playing in the top European leagues.

We hear plenty of Spurs news, on the other hand.

I'm tired of all this "disappointing" BS from fans when a player goes to a club for money. The vast majority of us do it as well and the vast majority would do it if they where professional footballers.

I think it's slightly different when you could be super-rich and achieve some worthwhile career goals by signing for a good club in a decent league, but decide to become super-mega-rich by going to Russia and live in a secure compound manned by armed security.

Either way they'll be set for life, it's just weird that the greed is such that they would opt for a complete non-team. Not saying I would be able to turn it down, but I'd like to think I would.

I'm tired of all this "disappointing" BS from fans when a player goes to a club for money. The vast majority of us do it as well and the vast majority would do it if they where professional footballers.

I think it's slightly different when you could be super-rich and achieve some worthwhile career goals by signing for a good club in a decent league, but decide to become super-mega-rich by going to Russia and live in a secure compound manned by armed security.

Either way they'll be set for life, it's just weird that the greed is such that they would opt for a complete non-team. Not saying I would be able to turn it down, but I'd like to think I would.

Secure compound is a bit too far, they live in Moscow which is a pretty cool city.

This money in Russia is a bit crazy, wonder how long it will last.  :kasper:

tbf there are a heap of good players in that league now and a few decent teams. Zenit, Anzhi, CSKA, Rubin Kazan (maybe), Spartak. Dunno if Locomotiv are any good anymore, didn't realise Pav had moved there.