Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

That if Espanyol sells these players, this fund will pocket a % of the fee.

It's a way of raising money without downright selling the players. All are young prospects, so the fund will make the money back if Espanyol sells them for more than 4m apiece.

As I said, it's becoming more and more common over here. Atlético (it's been rumored that they have sold 50% of Falcao's rights - denied by them though), Zaragoza and others have players on this kind of deal. With the financial situation we are in, a lot of clubs have to be creative.

Espanyol need to constantly raise cash to meet loan payments, and this beats downright selling one these players before they reach full value (they are all good prospects).

Feyenoord have been doing it for years. Every year they set up a pool of talented players from the academy and engage investors to buy 50% of the transfer rights for a couple of million. It's a good way for a club in dire straits to keep hold of their talented youngsters and balance the books at the same time.

Feyenoord have been doing it for years. Every year they set up a pool of talented players from the academy and engage investors to buy 50% of the transfer rights for a couple of million. It's a good way for a club in dire straits to keep hold of their talented youngsters and balance the books at the same time.

Yeah it seems extremely sensible. Just unnatural, or something, i suppose. Little bit depressing... but that's football these days.

Guillem Balagué (I know) saying that Real Madrid have bid Higuaín+€10m for Sergio Agüero.

Yeah. I read that as "Guillem Balagué blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah."

I just love how Balagué makes a living in Spain as "Premier League expert" and in England as "La Liga expert" without probably knowing f*** all of what's going on in either.

Espanyol have sold 15-20% of the transfer rights of 3 of their hotter prospects (Moreno, Amat, Álvaro) to a British investment fund, for a total of 2,4m pounds.

This kind of deals are starting to become common in Spain.

Hopefully G.Carr Holdings

Yeah it seems extremely sensible. Just unnatural, or something, i suppose. Little bit depressing... but that's football these days.

At several points in the past few years Feyenoord have looked like they could go under or lose their FA license due to financial problems and needed the cash desperately, so they have had to be creative. They have had to rely on their academy to pull them through, and this season has shown that it can be quite beneficial to have a period of not being able to bring in any outside players and have to rely on academy products. It turns out that if you are forced into giving young players a chance, quite a few actually step up to the plate. I think this is a good thing for football in Holland, as it gives young players an alternative to moving to the big Premiership club academies aged 16 and never getting a chance to show what they can do in competitive matches.

Dortmund is another, much more advanced example of this. They were almost down and out a few years ago, and look at them now: they've got a young, exciting squad of mainly homegrown players and they can actually challenge and beat cash laden Bayern on the pitch.

Sounds like Kuyt's after a move.

http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5114759.ece/ALTERNATES/w380/IN7449362LONDON---DECEMBER-.jpeg

Sounds like Kuyt's after a move.

http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5114759.ece/ALTERNATES/w380/IN7449362LONDON---DECEMBER-.jpeg

Should be a picture of Roeder.

Ahh toss, you're right.

Two heads, bud. Maybe one day you'll correct me, perhaps.

But the picture fit so well.

Look at him, standing there, beckoning.

http://www.nudsa.org/images/Glenn_Roeder__manag_257354c.jpg

"In fact, nevermind"

Better, now if we could all ignore the last few posts and try again.

Sounds like Dirk Kuyt is after a move.

http://www.nudsa.org/images/Glenn_Roeder__manag_257354c.jpg