Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

So basically, all of them except Zola have been extremely succesful.

Nice theory.

Was Lombardo manager at Palace for a while or have I made that up?

Part of a dream team

"Lombardo, along with Swedish international Tomas Brolin as an interpreter, was appointed as caretaker player-manager, for the rest of the season."

I've never heard of him, never mind seen him. What's he like?

You never heard of Kagawa?

Not everybody is a football expert man :lol:

:lol: I know, man. But he's been playing for Dortmund, and putting in many superb displays, for the last 2 seasons now.

Sorry, that's nearly as bad as Shearer saying not many people have heard of HBA. :facepalm: :lol:

Poor man's David Silva.

Chips in with goals though.

Is he hell! :lol: He's a superb talent. A bit quicker than Silva and probably scores more goals.

You're making out that being a poor man's David Silva was me insinuating that he is bad.

He is an excellent player.

Guest frazernufc

Haha my opinion has being screwed up by these facts. But the only credible managers are Ancelotti and Mancini that have done anything and that was with the best teams in the league so wasn't anything exceptional, and even then Ancelotti got sacked. Di Matteo and the likes of Di Canio are id say exceptions to my theory in that they have played in England for a while and have learnt the game in the best experience of doing so, by playing it. I just never see Italians adapt to the English game aswell as other nations

I would'nt say he's like Silva though..... he's alot quicker and more direct and tries to cut open defenses with through balls and scores a lot more.

I'd argue he's more like Cesc Fabregas than any other AM out there..... maybe a little quicker and better technically though.

David Silva being one of the best players in the world :lol: Most players who link midfield and attack are going to be a poor mans David Silva.

Aye, that's what I mean.

He's the same height, build, position and playing style to Silva but not as good. The one advantage he has is that he scores more goals, which I acknowledged in my first post.

I would'nt say he's like Silva though..... he's alot quicker and more direct and tries to cut open defenses with through balls and scores a lot more.

I'd argue he's more like Cesc Fabregas than any other AM out there..... maybe a little quicker and better technically though.

Yeah, he's  definitely more direct and likes to play in a quicker tempo.

:lol: I know, man. But he's been playing for Dortmund, and putting in many superb displays, for the last 2 seasons now.

Sorry, that's nearly as bad as Shearer saying not many people have heard of HBA. :facepalm: :lol:

I follow English, French & Spanish football, only so much football you can watch in a weekend. I've not seen a Bundesliga game in ages and Borussia didn't exactly catch the eye in the Champions League last season. :lol:

Haha my opinion has being screwed up by these facts. But the only credible managers are Ancelotti and Mancini that have done anything and that was with the best teams in the league so wasn't anything exceptional, and even then Ancelotti got sacked. Di Matteo and the likes of Di Canio are id say exceptions to my theory in that they have played in England for a while and have learnt the game in the best experience of doing so, by playing it. I just never see Italians adapt to the English game aswell as other nations

All of them are exceptions to your theory man :lol: So what if they are managing top clubs, you've got to be managing a top club to win the title and they've still done an excellent job. Ancellotti's Chelsea were one of the most formidable sides the league has seen, his sacking was absolutely farcical.

Italy has always produced the best coaches and their success over here backs it up. Di Canio is another excellent example!

I follow English, French & Spanish football, only so much football you can watch in a weekend. I've not seen a Bundesliga game in ages and Borussia didn't exactly catch the eye in the Champions League last season. :lol:

You should still have heard of him at the least. :huff:

not really, he someone paid to impart his knowledge and insight about football which should involve some actual research

not really, he someone paid to impart his knowledge and insight about football which should involve some actual research

I'm saying it in terms of the players' profile and reputation point of view.