Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Jo £18m

SWP £9m

De Jong £16m (in January, could have got him at the end of the season for £2.5m)

Lescott £22m (7th most expensive defender in history or something)

Adebayor £25m (fucked off)

Kolo Toure £16m (drugs)

Santa Cruz £17.5m

Barry £12m

Some of them are/were good players, but they threw around some fucking ridiculous money too.

re chelsea spending spree and FFP.

I'm sure I read a while back (world soccer or WSC maybe) that platini is waiting till he takes over from blatter (who doesn't want it, likes things the way they are the t***) to really enforce FFP.

fingers crossed.

Genuinely think you're clutching at straws mate. When all is said and done the clubs will call the shots.

not so sure. platini called out the euro super league a while back and that is the only real weapon the chelseas and such have.

Jo £18m

SWP £9m

De Jong £16m (in January, could have got him at the end of the season for £2.5m)

Adebayor £25m (fucked off)

Kolo Toure £16m (drugs)

Santa Cruz £17.5m

Barry £12m

Some of them are/were good players, but they threw around some fucking ridiculous money too.

I know they all weren't him but some of those shows exactly why Mark Hughes wasn't cut out for that job.

Difference being Chelsea's purchases have taken place over the past 8 years...City's over the past 2 (ignoring Robinho).

Take inflation into account as well though, and Chelsea have bought plenty of players that were less than £20m but not cheap.

Jo £18m

SWP £9m

Adebayor £25m (f***ed off)

Kolo Toure £16m (drugs)

Santa Cruz £17.5m

Barry £12m

Some of them are/were good players, but they threw around some f***ing ridiculous money too.

I know they all weren't him but some of those shows exactly why Mark Hughes wasn't cut out for that job.

Do you think Hughes had a great degree of control over who was brought in?

Yep.

Chelsea - Highest transfer fees paid

Name From Fee Date

1 Fernando Torres Liverpool £50M 2011

2 Andriy Shevchenko Milan £30.8M 2006

3 Michael Essien Lyon £24.5M 2005

4 Didier Drogba Marseille £24M 2004

5 Juan Mata Valencia £23.5M 2011

6 David Luiz Benfica £21M 2011

7 Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21M 2005

8 Romelu Lukaku Anderlecht £20M 2011

9 Ricardo Carvalho Porto £20M 2004

10 Ramires Benfica £18M 2010

Compared to Man City btw:

Name From Fee Date

1 Sergio Agüero Atlético Madrid £35M 2011

2 Robinho Real Madrid £32.5M[5] 2008

3 Edin Džeko Wolfsburg £27M 2011

4 Carlos Tévez Media Sports Investments £25.5M 2009

5 Samir Nasri Arsenal £25M 2011

6 Emmanuel Adebayor Arsenal £25M 2009

7 Mario Balotelli Internazionale £24M 2010

8 David Silva Valencia £24M 2010

9 Yaya Touré Barcelona £24M[6] 2010

Outside of Torres and Wright Phillips, none of these fees seem particularly high for the players at the point in time they were point. It is more the quantity of the purchases (especially with Chelsea and their crazy youth experiment) and the wages being handed out.

Jo £18m

SWP £9m

Adebayor £25m (f***ed off)

Kolo Toure £16m (drugs)

Santa Cruz £17.5m

Barry £12m

Some of them are/were good players, but they threw around some f***ing ridiculous money too.

Do you think Hughes had a great degree of control over who was brought in?

I didn't think he did for the Robinho transfer but definitely on some of those like Santa Cruz, and Lescott.

Jo wasn't bought by these current Man City owners mind iirc.

Didn't realise, ahhh aye forgot about Thaskin Sinatra. Wow, the City fans would be so pissed right now if they hadn't been bought by those Arab mans, Jo has been one of the biggest flops in PL history.

Jo wasn't bought by these current Man City owners mind iirc.

Yes it was their original Asian billionaire, who is now a fugitive from the government in his own country.

yeah but thats not "own country" in the way that their current owners have their "own country".

Wonder what will happen RE: Kevin de Bruyne, can't see him getting much of a look in at Chelsea. Might park him at Lille or something?

you can picture it though. he's getting so excited "champions league winners, been in the dumps but now we're spending again, hazard,marin...................fuck, i'm not getting a game"

Reckon Man United would have been the best move for Hazard easily, would have been perfect playing of Rooney.

Shock horror, a player that's been whoring himself out for 6 months has gone for the club that will shell out the most cash to him. Seriously hate him already. :lol: Fucking disgusting if it's true about the agent after the CL win.