Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Roger Kint

South London press sports editor Richard Cawley has seemingly been told that the fee agreed for Clyne is around £1.5m. Steal that.

If thats right there must be a big sell on fee or something

South London press sports editor Richard Cawley has seemingly been told that the fee agreed for Clyne is around £1.5m. Steal that.

Jesus. Cheap as. Very surprised nobody else took a punt if that is the fee. Actually surprised we didn't use some of the development squad budget for him at that fee.

The fee for Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva combined is less than what Liverpool paid for Carroll & Downing together.

How stupid can you be if you go to France?! Congrats you will win the france championship. But that´s it in a league that is really bad. If you have that shitload of money, how can you chose to buy a club in France :lol:

The league has potential. Nice City. Win the Champions League.

Stupid transfer from the beginning that. Pienaar should have stayed put.

He fancied CL, we rated him, he was cheap. Think he would do better in an AVB side, but he just didn't settle at Spurs and was clearly far happier when he went back to Everton. We'd like to keep him, but just wasn't meant to be. Was great against Milan, to pick one game. I can't criticize either him, Spurs or Everton for the transfer - it just didn't work out.

I do not understand the hate for the French league at all. It is a competitive league that consistently produces top talent and now has several clubs willing to spend money. There is not a chance that the likes of Russia are better. Really, go watch a game from that league. The stands are empty, the players are generally rubbish outside of the Russia national team and the foreigners they are allowed in the match squad, and the football is boring.

I do not understand the hate for the French league at all. It is a competitive league that consistently produces top talent and now has several clubs willing to spend money. There is not a chance that the likes of Russia are better. Really, go watch a game from that league. The stands are empty, the players are generally rubbish outside of the Russia national team and the foreigners they are allowed in the match squad, and the football is boring.

Agreed. The French league has great players and very good team who give many teams a decent run in Europe.

It just hasn't been particularly well watched in the UK for many years. I think people recognise that it's probably improved from what it once was (otherwise we wouldn't be poaching a bunch of Frenchies). It's just gonna take time (& lots of TV coverage) before people think there's anything beyond England & Spain. People are only just about accepting that the German league might not be total shit...

Guest Howaythetoon

Exactly.

Darren Ambrose to Brum.

Ambrose, Lovenkrands, Carr, Caldwell, Clark and McDermott make it 6 ex-Toon there now.

Read an article earlier about him joining Brum, said he was 32. Absolutely confused the fuck out of me.

Darren Ambrose to Brum.

Ambrose, Lovenkrands, Carr, Caldwell, Clark and McDermott make it 6 ex-Toon there now.

Personally, I have always been smitten with DazA. Hope Brum do well.