Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

News out of Brazil is that Guardiola is now CBF prime choice to succeed Mano. However, salary and fact he's not Brazilian does count against him. Felipao is now not even in the top 5 list with Tite, Abel braga and that cunt Luxemburgo (ex-national team coach who was fired because he was earning money from player transfers who he selected to the national team just so their prices would go up).

We will see how this pans out, but among those 4, Guardiola has to become the new manager. The other ones are decent but will end up being just like Mano and Dunga, Tite's team is a boring extremely organized team.

He completely changed their style of play though. Foundations were there but no one were using them. Don't forget he won the CL twice in 4 years and changed their style as they didn't play like this under Rijkaard. I just don't know if Brazil have the players to play his style. We have the fullbacks for sure :lol: But our midfield lack so much quality in possession he would need to change the style of play that he used with Barcelona.

Unfortunately the Brazilians and Abramovich share that sentiment. Sports is entertainment and people want to see something nice. A 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 a la Italy doesn't make anyone happy tbh.

I wouldn't mind, my sports teams don't win enough, so for me it would be all about winning.

Abramovich? Don't think you can level that at him. Most of the Chelsea teams since he bought them have been tedious as fuck to watch.

the lack of good looking football is all abromovich's fault, for not giving any manager time to build a proper squad, leaving aging relics in place and giving them huge amounts of player power and so managers have to work with what was left over from Mourinho's squad and the occasional add on. It's not like he's been hiring managers like fat sam

For me it doesn't matter if it's him or Felipão, in the end whoever comes in needs to win the World Cup, its as easy or hard as that.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8341/28a81ea1472042198042c0b.png

It's going to be SO shit when Yao stops making me laugh. Jesus Christ.

Fucking hell :lol:

the lack of good looking football is all abromovich's fault, for not giving any manager time to build a proper squad, leaving aging relics in place and giving them huge amounts of player power and so managers have to work with what was left over from Mourinho's squad and the occasional add on. It's not like he's been hiring managers like fat sam

You what? :lol: Did you see their summer spending?

Aren't Terry, Cech Lampard and Cole pretty much the only ones left from Mou's squad anyway? :lol:

How could you forget Paulo Ferreira?

Holy shit, he's still there.

No wonder they haven't been able to keep a manager for longer than 20 seconds then.

In my humble opinion Guardiola is in danger of being criminally overrated. He made Barcelona play brilliantly of course, but it's got a bit of the Rodgers/Swansea about it as the foundations when he took over were there already.

No, it's really the other way round. Most people seem to think he's not all that for exactly the reasons you've listed.

In my humble opinion Guardiola is in danger of being criminally overrated. He made Barcelona play brilliantly of course, but it's got a bit of the Rodgers/Swansea about it as the foundations when he took over were there already.

No, it's really the other way round. Most people seem to think he's not all that for exactly the reasons you've listed.

Not to mention they finished 3rd when he took over and he was largely responsible for making Iniesta and Xavi more important to the team, brought Busquets and Pedro through and bought Pique and Alves.

It wasn't just handed to him on a plate, he took them from 3rd behind Villarreal to the Treble in less than 12 months.

You can't doubt his managerial abilities ffs. He's the most successful manager in Barcelona history. And in his young career already one of the most successful ever.

yes while all that is true I wonder how he will cope outside of Barca, the next club he goes to is not likely to have as good a youth system as Barca have or have a team near the talent he had at his disposal there and certainly not anyone of the talent of Messi who at times acted like a get out of jail free card when they were in a spot of bother. His transfer record (if he was the one who decided on the deals, not sure if thats the case though he certainly had to have some input) is patchy with some very expensive flops in there.

Exactly. Pisses me off when people say he isn't that good because of the players he had at his disposal.