Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Going to be interesting to see how Spurs cope in the league with the dreaded europa league to play as well.

They'll avoid relegation by a few points problees.

It's so depressing that people think the top 1 per cent of clubs should hoover up all of the best players.

:clap:

Bored of the media selling him ALREADY ffs, the game was yesterday.

It's so depressing that people think the top 1 per cent of clubs should hoover up all of the best players.

It's not that people necessarily think they should, rather that they think they will. Because what else is new?

The top clubs poaching the best players off smaller clubs is pretty much a fact of the business these days.

Plenty of football personalities on TV talk as if a player should be allowed to leave if a top club comes in for them, and if for some reason they didn't actually want to go, there is something wrong with them. Bad craic.

Plenty of football personalities on TV talk as if a player should be allowed to leave if a top club comes in for them, and if for some reason they didn't actually want to go, there is something wrong with them. Bad craic.

Well I agree with that sentiment. I suppose I was thinking of football fans more generally.

What's up with the topic title on VI's posts? Says Re: SAFC appoint fascist... and so on. Was confused earlier when it said newest post was from that topic but couldn't find it.

Imagine how horrible the papers would be if Shearer was around now in his prime playing for us.

Arsenal are not far off a title charge. They've been playing like a title winning team for half the season. They're only two players away - a winger and a striker, funnily enough - from being very realistic challengers for the title and they won't have major outgoings this season plus loads of managerial changes. Next season is probably Arsenal's best shot for a while.

To add to my point, in the last 23 league matches, title winning Man Utd got 53 points. Arsenal got 52. Essentially, since the middle of December, Arsenal have been playing like a title winning team. If I'm Wenger, I know my team is not far away if the team has been that consistent over more than half the season.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Id say my team is pretty far away if I'm having to write off the first half of the season

They were bad for many reasons. The fall out from the van Persie thing, lingering injuries combined with settling in period of new players etc.

If they don't sell anyone of importance and can buy two players, they'll be a good team next year. Funnily enough their defence is very strong now with Mertesacker and Koscielny. Kosc is now one of the best in the league and Mertesacker is very dependable and acts as a leader.