Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Our press seem intent in linking us with tall/strong strikers, personally I think it's just silly season paper-filler, but you never know. There isn't much in the pot if we have to sign Valdés' replacement and a CB.

:pardsgrin:

Our press seem intent in linking us with tall/strong strikers, personally I think it's just silly season paper-filler, but you never know. There isn't much in the pot if we have to sign Valdés' replacement and a CB.

:pardsgrin:

Who's the Valdes replacement? Reina, Courtois, ter Stegen?

Iago Aspas to Liverpool according to Balague. €9m.

Not seen much of him but seems like an interesting player.

Coutinho, Iago, Sturridge + Suarez

Seems like they're building heck of a team there.

Heck of a team that finished 7th :lol:

They did about as well as Chelsea did last year, and similar to them, they will spend money and bring in quality players. They also will have consistency in terms of management and have a lot of younger players who will improve. I think they have a great chance to finish above Spurs and challenge the top four. This is assuming they keep Suarez, obviously, but the talent is there.

Iago Aspas to Liverpool according to Balague. €9m.

Heard a bit about him. However, reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.

Very good :lol:

Building.

3 of the 4 players he mentioned are already there  :shifty:

Sorry it might seem nice on paper, but i'm not convinced every year people say the same things about Liverpool and every year they fail to deliver.

Last season everyone was laughing at how bad their team was and how much better we'd do. Look at where we are now.

Building.

3 of the 4 players he mentioned are already there  :shifty:

Sorry it might seem nice on paper, but i'm not convinced every year people say the same things about Liverpool and every year they fail to deliver.

It's the biggest myth ever.

We were never going to do "anything" last year, because of the travesty of travel dead-line day. Few people predicted relegation for us after the first month  :frantic:

This will be the first year in 4 seasons, that our manager has had a second season, and I suspect that's why business is getting done early.

And yep, we indeed did finish 7th, but we didn't have Coutinho and Sturridge for half of the season. We lost 2 in last 16 with them ;)

How happy are you and Mike about Coutinho and Sturridge? They've been doing extremely well for Liverpool no? Seem to click better than with Suarez.

I do believe that, for all the teams outside of the top 4, this will be a massive season.

I can't recall this much change in terms of management in the top 8....so people are smelling blood and acting quickly.

As a Liverpool fan, I think if we don't get back in there this coming season, we can probably write it off for this decade (or until Moyes completely destroys United's dominance and top place guarantee)

I'm sure Spurs will do some very early business as well, but Bale is in a more serious danger of being sold than Suarez. And they are more dependent to him, than we are to Suarez. Levy for all his shrewdness (cheapness) has to make up for his absolute farce of January window.

:yao:

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 54m

Luis Suarez on Uruguayan radio (via @MartinCharquero): I have a contract with Liverpool. It would be hard to say no to Real Madrid.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 8m

Suarez from @MartinCharquero: "I have spoken to Rodgers, he knows what I want. He understands my situation."

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 8m

More Suarez: "I love #LFC, but I have a wife and daughter, and I'm not prepared to tolerate the English press any more."