Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Not sure who go for him or where he'd be needed like but he was canny IIRC at Brum. Not much resale value like so you'd be bankrupting yourself to sign him.

Reckon someone (possibly us) will go after Mame Diouf n all, same circumstances.

He's bloody horrendous for 10million euros. Forren is better than him.

I've seen him once or twice so won't say anything except I'm not sure why someone would pay €10m for someone who is horrendous as well as having 73 games for Lyon and 17 for his national side.

Guest Nixon

I've seen him once or twice so won't say anything except I'm not sure why someone would pay €10m for someone who is horrendous as well as having 73 games for Lyon and 17 for his national side.

I should probably have given more detail to my claim.

For about half that price I'd say you've got a fair deal. The issue with Lovern is, he struggles against quick and or strong forwards - the two most prevalent type of striker in the Premier League. In terms of his international caps I'd ask you to name me a Croatian centre-back, they aren't exactly blessed in that position.

As well as not really fitting the brief for this league, I'd argue he's not the type of centre half they need. A player in the mould of Douglas, fast, physical, able to provide cover would be better. Ideally someone to lead the back four too. Maybe it's over ambitious but a play for Lescott (I know not physical but ticks the second box) might not have been the worst idea in the world.

Guest mrainey

After watching Lovren for like, 3 years; seeing his ups&downs in dinamo&lyon&cro, here's my brief resume: he's crap

Player joins top-flight Spanish club for insanely cheap price of £1

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfDxQm2EcHlHNJI5fqHTQywjDRXTfFY0Yg3y9sinqkrJItGcU0KA

Think your team has got the bargain of the summer? Think again.

Because this week Real Betis confirmed the signing of Numancia midfielder Cedrick Mabwati for a fee of just £1. No, that isn't a typo.

In what must be the cheapest ever professional transfer that actually involves a fee, Mabwati was able to secure his move to the Primera Liga club by paying a release clause of just 1.20 euros.

When he signed his contract with Numanica, Mabwati cleverly inserted a clause that entitled him to move for the stupidly small fee if a Primera Liga side showed interest in him.

However, Betis did have to pay an extra cent in tax to the Spanish League...

“Here (in Numancia) I’ve learned to fight, not to give up," Mabwati said after completing his move to Betis. "Now I’m going to play in a more competitive league, more hard”.

Mabwati started his career with Atletico Madrid's youth teams and played for the club's senior side in the Copa del Rey.

After a loan spell with Numancia he joined the club on a permanent basis, spending three years with them in total before securing his move to Betis.

No doubt the midfielder will be hoping his next transfer is rather more lucrative.

Chelsea want £16m for Mikel :kasper:

Figueroa joins Hull on a free. He must love Steve Brewwwwce.

That's less than some people on here want for Tiote, who is inferior. They also have no incentive to sell him. Udoh said Gala interest is real, though.

Lovren is just a big name who happens to be a thoroughly average player. He is young enough to still have potential and was alright maybe two years ago, but I'm not impressed. Southampton will need more than one to fix their defence anyway.

That's less than some people on here want for Tiote, who is inferior. They also have no incentive to sell him. Udoh said Gala interest is real, though.

Lovren is just a big name who happens to be a thoroughly average player. He is young enough to still have potential and was alright maybe two years ago, but I'm not impressed. Southampton will need more than one to fix their defence anyway.

I don't think Mikel is better than Tiote; they're about on a par, and I'm yet to see Mikel have a convincing season like Tiote's first here. Considering how expensive and sought after Mikel was when he arrived in English football, he's done very little to justify the hype.

I don't think Mikel is better than Tiote; they're about on a par, and I'm yet to see Mikel have a convincing season like Tiote's first here. Considering how expensive and sought after Mikel was when he arrived in English football, he's done very little to justify the hype.

:thup: I remember watching him in the World Youth Cup in about 2005 (the same on that Messi was spectacular in and Quincy was probably the other best player :lol:) and Mikel was playing in the hole and he looked outstanding. He was also a lot more mobile too and looked a completely different player to the one that he has become.

Mikel is massively underrated IMO. Not better than Tiote man. FFS.

It would be good if he started showing it on the pitch regularly if he is indeed massively underrated and a much better player as you suggest.

He's played 30+ games in the last few seasons in one of the best teams going and he helped his nation win the ACoN. That's proof enough for me. He does the simple things well IMO, doesn't go round scoring screamers and getting the headlines but he's a solid 7/10 player most games.

Guest Phil K

Massive difference in the quality of players around him.

Makes a difference to personal form, the success (or otherwise in our case) of the team you're playing for

It would be good if he started showing it on the pitch regularly if he is indeed massively underrated and a much better player as you suggest.

He's played 30+ games in the last few seasons in one of the best teams going and he helped his nation win the ACoN. That's proof enough for me. He does the simple things well IMO, doesn't go round scoring screamers and getting the headlines but he's a solid 7/10 player most games.

Well, if it is true that Chelsea are willing to sell him at a loss they must not be overly impressed by him. What you are saying to me sounds not much better than your bog average Premiership player, hence my statement he is not much better than Tiote imho. In such a good team, most Premiership midfielders would be able to do the simple things well and be a solid 7/10 most games.

Guest Nixon

I always thought Mikel was a victim of appearance. Quite tall, languid African midfielder so they progressively pushed him further backwards as his career has progressed. He's a playmaker or number 10, so why they have him on half way is beyond me . I'd say he's only worth about half of the £16m quoted though.

Guest Nixon

Has he ever played that role? Genuinely didn't know that, considering they bought him at a really young age.

As Tooj said for Nigeria's youth sides and very very briefly at Lyn Oslo.

Well, if it is true that Chelsea are willing to sell him at a loss they must not be overly impressed by him. What you are saying to me sounds not much better than your bog average Premiership player, hence my statement he is not much better than Tiote imho. In such a good team, most Premiership midfielders would be able to do the simple things well and be a solid 7/10 most games.

There's no indication they want to sell. Gala contacted Shittu (agent), not Chelsea, and offered huge wages. He's appeared for them hundred's of times for about twenty managers and literally almost always been in the first team. As a player, he does all of the things that Cheick is meant to do without making angry faces and getting copious amounts of yellow cards. Strong on the ball without during pirouettes on the 18 yard line, good passer who makes few errors, cuts off the angles, and wins headers. Play with more responsibility and further forward for Nigeria in a Yaya Toure type role and plays extremely well there as well in a slower tempo of football. Extremely consistent and useful player.

I always thought Mikel was a victim of appearance. Quite tall, languid African midfielder so they progressively pushed him further backwards as his career has progressed. He's a playmaker or number 10, so why they have him on half way is beyond me . I'd say he's only worth about half of the £16m quoted though.

A 6 foot 3 number 10 who can't (never could) shoot or run at pace? Nah, he's a good passer and skillful when he's allowed to be, but needs to play further back. He's been brilliant for his country since Keshi dropped that number 10 rubbish and just let him run the midfield.

Leverkusen favorites to sign Alderweireld, thought he was Roma bound.

Leverkusen are potentitally cleaning up with their champions league and Schurrle money. Kruse, Son. Possibly Alderweireld and Aubemayang. Pretty good business.

I should probably have given more detail to my claim.

For about half that price I'd say you've got a fair deal. The issue with Lovern is, he struggles against quick and or strong forwards - the two most prevalent type of striker in the Premier League. In terms of his international caps I'd ask you to name me a Croatian centre-back, they aren't exactly blessed in that position.

Same as the illustrious Coloccini.