Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Interesting signing, great player at times - though I've not seen anything of him since he left Chelsea. Didn't get a game at Juventus so comes back to England for one last big pay-packet?

I hate Liverpool

I hate Chelsea

I hate Suarez

Personally, given a choice, Suarez would be bound, gagged, put on a plane, and dropped into the middle of the Atlantic. Failing that, he'd fuck off abroad somewhere ghastly. Some wanky club in Russia with a crooked oligarch backer.

However, if that can't happen, I'd be quite happy to see him go to a wanky club in England with a crooked oligarch backer, purely on the basis that it'd fuck off Liverpool's fans, and make RAWK_Meltdown absolutely brilliant for weeks.

Nothing to do with him being one of the best strikers in the league being coveted by one of the best clubs in Europe looking to put pressure on a misfiring striker. Money is a convenient excuse by bitter Newcastle fans, many of whom can't handle any player leaving us because we're nowhere near a lot of other clubs in terms of status/ambition these days.

Either way, we'd not have been sweating about survival had he stayed and we'd signed the same players. (although the latter probably wouldn't have happened in case we went bust or some other made up shit).

Nothing to do with him being one of the best strikers in the league being coveted by one of the best clubs in Europe looking to put pressure on a misfiring striker. Money is a convenient excuse by bitter Newcastle fans, many of whom can't handle any player leaving us because we're nowhere near a lot of other clubs in terms of status/ambition these days.

Well I can see that of course Chelsea are a bigger club and that he was indeed coveted by lots of clubs. But imo Demba Ba is a finance driven player, notwithstanding anything you mention in your post. I won't use the same excuse if say Ben Arfa went there. I know it's not new players looking for the money but i'm just stating what I think Ba's motives were, aswell as his agents.

Well I can see that of course Chelsea are a bigger club and that he was indeed coveted by lots of clubs. But imo Demba Ba is a finance driven player, notwithstanding anything you mention in your post. I won't use the same excuse if say Ben Arfa went there. I know it's not new players looking for the money but i'm just stating what I think Ba's motives were, aswell as his agents.

Fair enough, I just don't think that particular move was as certain as you claimed.

His other transfers would suggest it though I don't deny. Still a cracking player though.

Guest chopey

Can anyone remember the time he left for Chelsea and when he came back Colo kicked him in the face and broke his nose

Fair enough, I just don't think that particular move was as certain as you claimed.

His other transfers would suggest it though I don't deny. Still a cracking player though.

He's an awesome player and was quality here. The thing about Chelsea is, I reckon if a club with equal stature as us had activated that clause and were offering him increases in his salary etc, they'd have done all they can to make it happen.  iirc he was getting linked with some pretty random clubs.

That's why I have mixed feelings. I really like Ba and he seems a properly genuine lad as well. In a way it's a shame that he hasn't been able to play football purely for the love. I guess his background has given him drive to earn as much money as he can, that's fair enough.

I just can't stand him in any way. Spoils MOTD and any match to see his diving, whining little face. He is talented, but that almost makes it worse that he chooses to act like he does.

yes I get that but the prospect of the indignation from Liverpool fans is delicious

Depressing to see the likes of Van Wolfswinkle and Redmond, then possibly Toivonen heading to Norwich, but fair play to Hughts. Might be a bit sceptical about how they will fare in the Premiership but I think most would be cock-a-hoop if we had signed those three.

I'd stick some money on us (Watford) getting promoted/winning the league next year. We're building up serious depth all over.

Ikechi Anya (Granada), Daniel Pudil (Granada), Jaime Romero (Udinese) Gabriele Angella (Udinese), Joel Ekstrand (Udinese), Marco Cassetti (Udinese), David Faraoni (Udinese), Cristian Battocchio (Udinese), Almen Abdi (Udinese), Javi Acuna (Udinese), Lewis McGugan (Nottingham Forest) all signed/pictured at our training camp in Italy.

So I'm guessing that a fair amount of these won't be loans this season, some of them may be with the squad temporarily as they decide if they want them or not. The new recruits Angella, Faraoni and Acuna all seem pretty highly rated, Acuna seems to have picked us over Crystal Palace and Espanyol, whilst the other two have been capped by Italy U21s.

We've lost Almunia, Chalobah and Vydra, but look to be filling in all the weak spots in the squad, which together with a few exciting players (Assombalonga - great name if anything) should see as pretty strong. Linked with Italian international Diego Fabbrini too. Between him, Forestieri, Deeney, Acuna we've got pretty ridiculous strength in depth in attack for a Championship side.

Norwich really could end up quite good next year.  Already have Wolfwinkel and Redmond.  Linked strongly to Toivonen.  That'd add a lot more quality to that attack that last year.  Defensively Hughton is pretty good tactically so with that added attacking quality I could see them doing well.

I thought Norwich were the worst side in the Premiership last year after the new year, maybe bar Reading. I really think they were worse than NUFC, SAFC, Stoke, and the rest. Horrendous, negative football and poor results. Little quality, no game plan going forward, and just a stark change from the first few months of Hughton's tenure.

I would have tipped them to do go down before these signings. They've done well to get in some nice players up front, but I don't think it means anything more than safe lower midtable, assuming they can adapt fairly quickly.

I'd stick some money on us (Watford) getting promoted/winning the league next year. We're building up serious depth all over.

Ikechi Anya (Granada), Daniel Pudil (Granada), Jaime Romero (Udinese) Gabriele Angella (Udinese), Joel Ekstrand (Udinese), Marco Cassetti (Udinese), David Faraoni (Udinese), Cristian Battocchio (Udinese), Almen Abdi (Udinese), Javi Acuna (Udinese), Lewis McGugan (Nottingham Forest) all signed/pictured at our training camp in Italy.

So I'm guessing that a fair amount of these won't be loans this season, some of them may be with the squad temporarily as they decide if they want them or not. The new recruits Angella, Faraoni and Acuna all seem pretty highly rated, Acuna seems to have picked us over Crystal Palace and Espanyol, whilst the other two have been capped by Italy U21s.

We've lost Almunia, Chalobah and Vydra, but look to be filling in all the weak spots in the squad, which together with a few exciting players (Assombalonga - great name if anything) should see as pretty strong. Linked with Italian international Diego Fabbrini too. Between him, Forestieri, Deeney, Acuna we've got pretty ridiculous strength in depth in attack for a Championship side.

I knew Watford had a few players from Udinese but fucking hell. :lol: :lol:

Depressing to see the likes of Van Wolfswinkle and Redmond, then possibly Toivonen heading to Norwich, but fair play to Hughts. Might be a bit sceptical about how they will fare in the Premiership but I think most would be cock-a-hoop if we had signed those three.

I personally don't rate Redmond or Toivonen. Van Wolfswinkle is a decent player IMO but not better than Cisse for me.

So yeah like Baba says i can't see them doing much better than lower mid table even with these signings.

They lucked out getting those beached sides in their last 2 games, like. They play horrible, horrible negative football. At least the likes of us and Stoke generally try to win our home games.

Is there not a limit for the number of loan players you can have? Or are they permanent signings from Udinese?