Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

£90m for Bale

£30m for Özil

Is this a joke? If Real goes ahead with this I'll think Moyes will be laughing all the way to the bank. Imagine if Moyes could also get Mata and Rooney swap...

Özil - Mata - Kagawa

RvP

(never going to happen Froggy ;) )

No doubt it would be good at times but none of those players are suited to playing wide roles or interested in any sort of defending so not sure it would work perfectly.

£90m for Bale

£30m for Özil

Is this a joke? If Real goes ahead with this I'll think Moyes will be laughing all the way to the bank. Imagine if Moyes could also get Mata and Rooney swap...

Özil - Mata - Kagawa

RvP

(never going to happen Froggy ;) )

No doubt it would be good at times but none of those players are suited to playing wide roles or interested in any sort of defending so not sure it would work perfectly.

Kagawa, Mata and Özil have shown they can play wide man, they're change between them, look at Chelsea. Hazard, Mata and Oscar are all better suited centrally (well Eden works wide) but Mata and Oscar exchange positions all the time and it works fine.

Am I alone in thinking Willian isn't a £30m player and Spurs have dodged a bullet for that price? He's good don't get me wrong but blimey that's a premium for a player that is a mercenary tosser and ultimately not sure he's that good

Am I alone in thinking Willian isn't a £30m player and Spurs have dodged a bullet for that price? He's good don't get me wrong but blimey that's a premium for a player that is a mercenary tosser and ultimately not sure he's that good

It's all relative. If Bale is worth £90m than they got themselves a bargain Chelsea. However, if Özil is worth £30-40m than they got themselves an overpriced player.

I think he's an excellent addition even at that price, he's better than Schurrle, De Bruyne, Moses. He's their fourth best offensive midfielder now, and since Mourinho is looking to opt for fluidity and pace behind the lone striker I can see him fitting there better than Mata. (who obviously is a better player then Willian..before anyone starts)

Wrote a long ass post and then my internet died and I lost it.

In any case, everyone knows that neither of the three are wingers, but in todays football you dont need wingers, with those three you'd have a fluidity like Oscar, Mata and Hazard at Chelsea and Mata and Özil both have played the right wing role. Obviously defensively that would be a problem considering their workrate, but a decent manager could still make that work and find excellent balance. Just look at Barcelona and what they achieved during the last years.

One of our wingers these years has been Pedro, though, whose workrate is enormous.

Talking defensively. Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves were never any defensive minded players. You basically had Busquet infront of Pique, Puyol and Abidal.

My point was that when you have the ball, you don't have to defend.

One of our wingers these years has been Pedro, though, whose workrate is enormous.

Talking defensively. Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves were never any defensive minded players. You basically had Busquet infront of Pique, Puyol and Abidal.

Barca were masters of pressing extremely effectively though, not convinced Mata and Ozil are that good at pressing if i'm honest.

Barca were masters of pressing extremely effectively though, not convinced Mata and Ozil are that good at pressing if i'm honest.

Absolutely, but that's why you need a decent manager. First game I saw of Özil was for Germany against Australia in the 2010 World Cup. Ran the show from the right, cutting inside and pressing high. Don't see why he can't go back to that.

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

BREAKING: Canal report that Lille have rejected a €10 million offer from Marseille for Florian Thauvin. #LOSC #OM

I thought they had no money.

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

Re Thauvin: Canal say that Marseille offer was €8 million + €2 million bonuses as well as a 10% sell on fee clause. #LOSC #OM

Ayew might be a done deal then! Yeah right. The guards probably took Kinnear away before he got to the meeting..

Could Thauvin and Ayew play in the same team? Have seen Thauvin play (very good in my opinion) but have not seen much of Ayew. Is Thauvin better?

Guest bimpy474

Ayew might be a done deal then! Yeah right. The guards probably took Kinnear away before he got to the meeting..

Ikon, you know better than to do the 2+2=4. I'm ashamed of you and your hopefullness.

:lol: