Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Everyone is available.

I'll have Iniesta please.

Unfortunately you're far too cheap to sign players from the top clubs. Maybe if they've got a year of contract left.

Well that's a new one. :lol: Normally get accused of spending too much.

You've spent the same amount on big players for the past 6 years or something (~18m-25m). 6 years ago they were too expensive, for about 2-3 years they were about the right price, and now you're cheap. Footballflation. And the only players you've signed from rival clubs have been RVP and Owen Hargreaves. RVP was only because of his contract situation and Hargreaves was expendable at Bayern.

And this was pre-cheapo Moyes.

You're fucked mate, absolutely fucked.

:lol: We've mainly signed young players the last couple of years though. Berbatov is the last real big signing from a rival, aside from RVP.

I think Moyes will be fine. I was initially worried he wouldn't know what to do with the money he has now and that he'd start spending it on foolishly.

The Ronaldo fee at the time was ridiculous, the Kaka fee at the time was ridiculous, but this is out of this world. They're paying twice what he is worth. It's unbelievable.

It's a barbaric amount of money but they're paying what it's cost to buy him. Bale's the sort of player who could give Spurs a genuine shot at the title - it was in their best interests to keep him. If he were to leave, they would need massive investment to keep them in the title race. The fee they've received allows that.

He's got shitloads of money to replace Bale but it's a huge test for Villas-Boas. I really wonder who they're going to sign. As if Willian's gone to Chelsea, for goodness sake. What a rancid club.

What are you on about? Obviously it would cost them what it costs to get him. That works out for any player, any situation in life when you want to buy something, still doesn't mean that's his market value even in todays football. Bale is definitely not the difference between a title-challenge and not for Spurs. They look much more balanced this season and have made some very very good signings.

Levy must be laughing his tits off here.

So it's going to be Bale out and Paulinho, Soldado, Chadli, Capoue and Lamela in.

As good as Bale is, that's incredible business. :lol:

Are any of them anywhere near as good as Bale?

Like Mole said it's impossible to say anything due to their different positions. But Soldado is one of the best strikers in the world and Paulinho is for me the best in the world in the box-to-box role at the moment. Capoue is an extremely talented DM and Lamela is a very good player.

Bale is an excellent player, but I'd pick those four in my team 8 times a week over Bale.

The Ronaldo fee at the time was ridiculous, the Kaka fee at the time was ridiculous, but this is out of this world. They're paying twice what he is worth. It's unbelievable.

It's a barbaric amount of money but they're paying what it's cost to buy him. Bale's the sort of player who could give Spurs a genuine shot at the title - it was in their best interests to keep him. If he were to leave, they would need massive investment to keep them in the title race. The fee they've received allows that.

He's got shitloads of money to replace Bale but it's a huge test for Villas-Boas. I really wonder who they're going to sign. As if Willian's gone to Chelsea, for goodness sake. What a rancid club.

What are you on about? Obviously it would cost them what it costs to get him. That works out for any player, any situation in life when you want to buy something, still doesn't mean that's his market value even in todays football. Bale is definitely not the difference between a title-challenge and not for Spurs. They look much more balanced this season and have made some very very good signings.

So it's going to be Bale out and Paulinho, Soldado, Chadli, Capoue and Lamela in.

Like Mole said it's impossible to say anything due to their different positions. But Soldado is one of the best strikers in the world and Paulinho is for me the best in the world in the box-to-box role at the moment. Capoue is an extremely talented DM and Lamela is a very good player.

Bale is an excellent player, but I'd pick those four in my team 8 times a week over Bale.

I can see them going for Alderweireld and someone like Christian Eriksen, double swoop.

:lol: We've mainly signed young players the last couple of years though. Berbatov is the last real big signing from a rival, aside from RVP.

I think Moyes will be fine. I was initially worried he wouldn't know what to do with the money he has now and that he'd start spending it on foolishly.

Spurs are not a rival club. And were even less so when you signed Berbatov.

I actually think it's a good idea not to mess with the setup too much right now for Moyes, but down the line you're going to have to spend well, because you're clearly not going to compete with City/Chelsea/Real for the big money players. Not that you necessarily need to in order to compete, given your track record*... but I wouldn't be surprised to see more Willian-esque transfers just to spite teams, and I think you're more likely to be on the receiving end than the.. Chelsea end?.

*but you do, because your track record didnt include shitbag Moyes

Lamela is not far off Bale's level at all. He's the perfect replacement. Will only get better too.

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 44s

Am told by someone who knows that #mufc have not bid for Gareth Bale. And, for good measure, the same regarding #mcfc

so who's spurs made up rival bid from?

Us, JFK hasn't counted the 0s properly and think its for 9.6million.

:yao:

:okay:

The list who can afford that bill is small, it all depends on how mercenary Bale is (very) so guess he could be off to some tinpot club. Still can't see anyone quite competing for Real's signature.

Nobody mentioned chelsea yet?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3h

Tottenham and Roma have reached the agreement for Lamela: 30m € +5m € add-ons

According to the manager of Romanian outfit Steaua Bucharest, Laurentiu Reghecampf, Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Vlad Chiriches:

"The two clubs have agreed to transfer him. I'm very happy for him. I cannot say the amount for which [he was] transferred, but it is very high. It will be the most expensive transfer in the history of Steaua. The owner says that all there is left to do is sign some documents."

According to the manager of Romanian outfit Steaua Bucharest, Laurentiu Reghecampf, Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Vlad Chiriches:

"The two clubs have agreed to transfer him. I'm very happy for him. I cannot say the amount for which [he was] transferred, but it is very high. It will be the most expensive transfer in the history of Steaua. The owner says that all there is left to do is sign some documents."

Spurs are going crazy with the anticipated Bale money! Never heard of the Romanian player though.

Guest bimpy474

Spurs are going crazy with the anticipated Bale money! Never heard of the Romanian player though.

Eastern Europe is where we should shop a bit. Resonable prices. Nah lets just go French again.