Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Agree with that Bimpy, i mentioned it before that would should look in that neck of the woods.

I was thinking more about Croatia than anything else, but Romania and others probably have some hidden talents too.

:thup:

But when some of them are going for £8.5m we might as well give up already :lol:

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3h

Tottenham and Roma have reached the agreement for Lamela: 30m € +5m € add-ons

According to the manager of Romanian outfit Steaua Bucharest, Laurentiu Reghecampf, Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Vlad Chiriches:

"The two clubs have agreed to transfer him. I'm very happy for him. I cannot say the amount for which [he was] transferred, but it is very high. It will be the most expensive transfer in the history of Steaua. The owner says that all there is left to do is sign some documents."

Spurs are going crazy with the anticipated Bale money! Never heard of the Romanian player though.

Eastern Europe is where we should shop a bit. Resonable prices. Nah lets just go French again.

I agree but this would require a competent scouting network. What have we got? Some bloke in france on holiday taking in football matches.

Guest bimpy474

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3h

Tottenham and Roma have reached the agreement for Lamela: 30m € +5m € add-ons

According to the manager of Romanian outfit Steaua Bucharest, Laurentiu Reghecampf, Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Vlad Chiriches:

"The two clubs have agreed to transfer him. I'm very happy for him. I cannot say the amount for which [he was] transferred, but it is very high. It will be the most expensive transfer in the history of Steaua. The owner says that all there is left to do is sign some documents."

Spurs are going crazy with the anticipated Bale money! Never heard of the Romanian player though.

Eastern Europe is where we should shop a bit. Resonable prices. Nah lets just go French again.

I agree but this would require a competent scouting network. What have we got? Some bloke in france on holiday taking in football matches.

Aye, it does seem that way.

Guest bimpy474

The obsession with france is ludicrous to be honest and i'm not so sure we have the big appeal over there as some think we do.

There are some great players there but, we have been sussed now. An we aren't willing to pay the prices being asked.

Our appeal to French players is the 300% wage increase but that's about it.

I may have exaggerated the amount, but still the mere fact a lot of Ligue 1 players are on wages that even Sammy would have to cut a wage cut :lol:

Its pretty much the main reason we sign players from there, its difficult to attract players on 40k a week most of the time.

Why the hell are Spurs spending the Bale money before he is sold? They are literally mentalists!

My guess is that they already had an agreement with Real, that they will only announce the signings after Spurs have signed those replacements so that Spurs will not be held ransom by the selling clubs.

I may have exaggerated the amount, but still the mere fact a lot of Ligue 1 players are on wages that even Sammy would have to cut a wage cut :lol:

Its pretty much the main reason we sign players from there, its difficult to attract players on 40k a week most of the time.

It seems odd that we are only interested in recruiting from France.  Carr does scout in Holland, Belgium and England as well.

Being cynical here, it occurred to me with the Sports Direct advertising being in French in the ground last Saturday that perhaps we are trying to maintain our profile in France whilst Ashley develops his brand in that country. :dontknow:

It seems odd that we are only interested in recruiting from France.  Carr does scout in Holland, Belgium and England as well.

Being cynical here, it occurred to me with the Sports Direct advertising being in French in the ground last Saturday that perhaps we are trying to maintain our profile in France whilst Ashley develops his brand in that country. :dontknow:

I thinking the French signings come before the French advertising. More French people watch us now, so Ashley is pushing SD there.

cheaper, thats it thats the only reason why we go for french players

Casillas linked with a move away from Madrid after being dropped against Málaga. Arsenal and City linked.

Would be such a good signing for Arsenal. Actually would be a great signing for 95% of CL clubs. Although it does look like Diego Lopez is the better keeper at the moment.