Who should leave or be loaned out?

Willow

Isnt Smith on something like 60k a week? That would cover about 3 young squad players. Add that to Campbell's wages anarl. Its a priority that we get rid of these players on big wages who never play man.

Guest michaelfoster

We really cant afford to sell, release and loan loads of people, our squad is not big enough to begin with and if we release, sell & loan too many our squad will end up being smaller than this season.

Release

Sol Campbell (out of contract)

Shefi Kuqi (out of contract)

Ryan Donaldson (out of contract)

Sell

Wayne Routledge

Alan Smith

Xisco

Fabio Zamblera

Loan - season long

Think these players who are on the fringes of the first team would benefit massively with a full season playing week in, week out at a football league club, 3 or 4 from:

Nile Ranger

Tamas Kadar

Haris Vuckic

James Tavernier

Ole Soderberg

Phil Airey

That would leave us with

Harper

Krul

Forster

Enrique

Backup LB

S.Taylor

Coloccini

Williamson

Backup CB

Simpson

Perch

Ferguson

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Guthrie

Tiote

Nolan ©

Gosling

Barton

R.Taylor

Lua Lua

New Target Man Striker

New pacey striker

Best

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Obviously some of the kids under 21 wont need to be registered to make up the 25 man squad

Guest MrSundlofer

Not sure if we should send Nile Ranger out on loan. Well, he need games and a loan would be good for him, but... Who can handle him? I'm not sure if he can be professional enough at another club. What I mean is... We know how he works and we know how we want to "create" him to a better player. But a loan would be a good for him. But to the right club.

And people must understand we can't get rid of 9-12 players from our first team squad! Ryan Taylor, Danny Guthrie and James Perch is needed for the squad depth.

Not sure if we should send Nile Ranger out on loan. Well, he need games and a loan would be good for him, but... Who can handle him? I'm not sure if he can be professional enough at another club. What I mean is... We know how he works and we know how we want to "create" him to a better player. But a loan would be a good for him. But to the right club.

And people must understand we can't get rid of 9-12 players from our first team squad! Ryan Taylor, Danny Guthrie and James Perch is needed for the squad depth.

Ranger has to get regular football, these 10 minute spells spent chasing long balls and lost causes are no good for his development at all.

You're right though, we need to send him to the right environment, somewhere he'll be looked after while guided down the right path.

Hasn't Pardew said he's hoping to get 4 out and replace them with upgrades?

As much as it's easy to say sell everyone apart from half a dozen first team players the reality is that isn't going to happen.

If he is unprofessional out on loan then fine him a couple of weeks wages. Learning to be a professional is one of the main things he needs to do tbh, he seems like a bit of a joke at the moment.

Interesting thread. People are happy to get rid of basically all our remaining forwards? Are we gonna sign a starter or 2 and a few squad forwards as well? Personally I'd do this:

Sold

Kuqi - shite

Smith - shite

Guthrie  - championship standard, will have cover if we need it anyway with Barton possibly losing his RM role and if he doesnt we have Gosling to play there to free Barton for CM. We will probably sign another CM as well.

Campbell - shite

Routledge - isnt good enough to challenge for the top 10, QPR are willing to buy him so get rid.

Xisco - hasnt settled and probably never will.

R.Taylor - not good enough.

Perch - shite.

Loan

Ranger - so important that he gets regular football and grows up a bit.

Vuckic - needs regular football.

Kadar - regular football and that leek.

Lua Lua - regular football.

Id get rid of Lovenkrands too, but only if we sign another squad player to play up front. Hes shite, but we need squad players for up front. I would also consider Harper's position at the club, it might be time for Forster and Krul to be the number 1 and 2.

We cant really afford to lose too many players with our small squad either.

Ashley would get a lot of credit from me if he could find a buyer for Kuqi.

Ranger has been garbage all season! I'll be gutted if he isn't out on loan next season.

Is everyone who is proposing we shift five or six players aware the squad is paper then as it is?

It's actually not, we have a pretty large squad. The problem lies in the quality but I actually agree with you. Talk of getting rid of players like Guthrie and Ryan Taylor, as it stands, is a non-starter.

Guest firetotheworks

Out:

Lovenkrands,

Perch,

Smith,

Campbell,

Xisco,

Kuqi.

Loan:

Ferguson,

Kadar,

Vuckic,

Ranger.

Ideally I'd get rid of Shola and Stephen Taylor as well, but they're unlikely to leave/not a necessity at this stage.

You know when you take over a team on FM and you bring in some bright new talent but still have 4-5 useless old cloggers from the previous regime on the books that no-one ever bids for and you end up having to keep them until their contracts run out?

That's Campbell, Smith, Guthrie and Shola.

Out:

Campbell

Kuqi

Smith

Loven

Xisco

Guthrie

Loans:

Vuckic

Ranger

Kadar

Lua Lua

Dependent on who's brought in. If adequate replacements aren't brought in I'd keep Guthrie/wouldn't loan out Kazenga.

RELEASE / SELL

Sol Campbell

Wayne Routledge

Xisco

Ryan Donaldson

Shefki Kuqi

Brad Inman

Ben Tozer

Fabio Zamblera

Matthew Grieve

OUT ON LOAN

Ole Söderberg

James Tavernier

Phil Airey

Conor Newton

Stephen Folan

Greg McDermott

Paul Dummett

Patrick McLaughlin

if you are selling Donaldson, Inman, Tozer, Grieve and sending all the others out on loan we may as well make Beardsley redundant as well cos you've just got rid of his team!!

I'd sell (Or try and sell):

Perch

Smith

Lovenkrands

Ryan Taylor

Routledge looks gone but I'd not be averse to keeping him as backup

Release:

Kuqi

Campbell

Loan:

Ranger

Kadar

Vukic

One of Krul and Forster. Possibly Krul, give Forster some time at the club and maybe some starts.

I can't add Xisco to the sale list as I've not seen enough of him play. Could be the next David Villa for all I know.

That list leaves us quite a bit down on squad depth, but we all know the likes of Smith will hang round like the unflushable turd that he is (As a footballer, not as a person. I get the feeling he's well liked and works hard etc. He just has the footballing talent of a watermelon.)

Guest Recoba

Already gone

Kuqi

Campbell

Should go but wont because they are "good for team spirit" / no one would take them so we are stuck with them

Perch

Smith

Lovenkrands

Sell and we might actually get some money

Guthrie

Routledge

Desperately need a loan spell to learn league football

Kadar

Tavernier

Richardson

Vuckic (possibly)

Abeid (possibly)