Barcelona win Champions League Final 10/11

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

alpal's definition of this Plan B is pretty precise. Read it. I'm not saying they don't dive; they do. They have Busquets who's a major cunt, and Alves who loves a tumble as well. I'm not saying they don't surround refs but I'm quite indifferent to players appealing (in any form) so I don't consider that as something to criticise them for.

According to Marcotti 5 of the Barca players tried to get Scholes shirt at the end of the game. Class.

Yes, I know for start that Xavi idolizes him.

And yes, I have been drunk for the past 48 hours and nursing the worst hangover in years. But oh, man, just thinking I'll be able to tell my sons about this team. So happy about finally celebrating a big trophy in Barcelona after spending the past 6 years abroad. The city was exploding.

Not wanting to re-ignite the argument BUT - the way Valencia played, Barca did not need this mythical "Plan B". Valencia should have had three or four yellow cards by about the 60th minute with his clumsy challenges. Not once did a Barca player over react to his aggression.

How does this fit in with the anti-Barca gangs perceptions?

Not wanting to re-ignite the argument BUT - the way Valencia played, Barca did not need this mythical "Plan B". Valencia should have had three or four yellow cards by about the 60th minute with his clumsy challenges. Not once did a Barca player over react to his aggression.

Simple.  Valencia is shit.

Xavi did stick up an imaginary card in the first half, but it's clutching at straws, they were next to impeccable. I'm just glad we at least tried to attack and were part of a great final. Barcelona's display was amazing and had it been Madrid in the final it could well have been another horror show.

Simple.  Valencia is shit.

He's not shit. He was just so out of his depth it was unreal. He was a major reason why we won the title, but it's a different ball game tearing apart Blackpool etc. and then trying to take on Barcelona. He was lucky to the be on the pitch and a glorified passenger. I felt sorry for him a little bit.

He's not s***. He was just so out of his depth it was unreal. He was a major reason why we won the title, but it's a different ball game tearing apart Blackpool etc. and then trying to take on Barcelona. He was lucky to the be on the pitch and a glorified passenger. I felt sorry for him a little bit.

ah sorry, I was thinking he means the La Liga league game vs Valencia (Club). my fault.

I doubt any team in the world would have beaten Barca on Saturday night, just brilliant from 15mins onwards. Manu were made to look less than ordinary, a team struggling to cope, and one with only a counter attack for an answer.

Well played, fully deserved, surely one of the greatest teams of all time this one.

It's certainly the greatest team I've seen in my lifetime. I can't say it's the greatest ever 'cause I've only seen bits and pieces of the likes of the Madrid team in the 50's, Inter in the 60's, Ajax and Bayern in the 70's and Liverpool in the 70/80's.

The Madrid team is probably seen as the one that stands in the way of Barcelona being named the greatest ever, since it won 6 European Cups and something like 8 La Ligas in ten years, but I personally think this Barca side will go on to eclipse that.

Guest Howaythetoon

I still think this Barcelona team can be beaten and I was actually very disappointed in Alex Ferguson regarding his tactics and team selection which he got very wrong for me and while they would have probably still been beaten, I reckon with the right selection and tactics they would have had a bigger chance to get something out of the game other than the resounding defeat that came their way. I think this game displayed Fergie's weaknesses tactically which for me is the one area of his armour if you like which has always prevented him from winning the CL more than he has.

For the would be coaches on here, how can you stop this Barcelona side? I have my theories but would like to see what others come up with or have to say on the matter.

It's certainly the greatest team I've seen in my lifetime. I can't say it's the greatest ever 'cause I've only seen bits and pieces of the likes of the Madrid team in the 50's, Inter in the 60's, Ajax and Bayern in the 70's and Liverpool in the 70/80's.

The Madrid team is probably seen as the one that stands in the way of Barcelona being named the greatest ever, since it won 6 European Cups and something like 8 La Ligas in ten years, but I personally think this Barca side will go on to eclipse that.

Funniest thing is that we were a damn good side ourselves during that time, actually considered by many our best side ever until our current team, just not enough to match them. Said that, we were the first side to beat them in Europe.

As for how to beat us, we are vulnerable to pressure in our defence area (Rooney scored through that), as we always look to play out of that area. Also be smart about our pressing: if 2-3 Barça players are on you, there's some place we have left with a gaping hole: exploit it. (Arsenal managed that very well in the first leg, actually).

A bit off topic but, has anyone on here has made expierence with buying tickets for a CL final?

Next one is in Munich and I'd love to be there (especially knowing that most likely Mourinho will be there.  :snod:) so where's the best place to buy them/best chance to get them?

Funniest thing is that we were a damn good side ourselves during that time, actually considered by many our best side ever until our current team, just not enough to match them. Said that, we were the first side to beat them in Europe.

As for how to beat us, we are vulnerable to pressure in our defence area (Rooney scored through that), as we always look to play out of that area. Also be smart about our pressing: if 2-3 Barça players are on you, there's some place we have left with a gaping hole: exploit it. (Arsenal managed that very well in the first leg, actually).

Inside knowledge, excellent.

http://static.twoday.net/blogbuster/images/Mr-Burns.gif

Was that the Kubala era?

Was that the Kubala era?

Yes. One of Barça's greatest legends, the man that built Camp Nou.