Gervinho

Dave

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/864678-gervinho-makes-arsenal-and-newcastle-wait-for-transfer-decision

Gervinho 'makes Arsenal and Newcastle wait' for transfer decision

Gervinho is making Arsenal and Newcastle United wait for a decision about his future, according to reports.

The Ivorian has become one of the world's most in-demand forwards after helping Lille win the French title and a number of English clubs are keen to sign him.

However, Gervinho has now indicated he will not reveal his plans for next season for at least another week.

Newcastle are believed to be in the best position to land the 24-year-old, after making an offer to Lille and discussing personal terms with the player's representatives.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew sees Gervinho as the man to replace Andy Carroll in the number nine shirt, but a deal depends on the World Cup star's willingness to turn his back on Champions League football.

That would not be a problem if he opted for Arsenal, who are also hoping to land his Lille team-mate Eden Hazard.

According to the Guardian, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger plans to make a formal bid for Gervinho, providing he can raise funds by selling Andrey Arshavin.

Spurs are also known to be interested in the striker, while reports in France suggest Liverpool may enter a bid.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/864678-gervinho-makes-arsenal-and-newcastle-wait-for-transfer-decision

Gervinho 'makes Arsenal and Newcastle wait' for transfer decision

Gervinho is making Arsenal and Newcastle United wait for a decision about his future, according to reports.

The Ivorian has become one of the world's most in-demand forwards after helping Lille win the French title and a number of English clubs are keen to sign him.

However, Gervinho has now indicated he will not reveal his plans for next season for at least another week.

Newcastle are believed to be in the best position to land the 24-year-old, after making an offer to Lille and discussing personal terms with the player's representatives.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew sees Gervinho as the man to replace Andy Carroll in the number nine shirt, but a deal depends on the World Cup star's willingness to turn his back on Champions League football.

That would not be a problem if he opted for Arsenal, who are also hoping to land his Lille team-mate Eden Hazard.

According to the Guardian, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger plans to make a formal bid for Gervinho, providing he can raise funds by selling Andrey Arshavin.

Spurs are also known to be interested in the striker, while reports in France suggest Liverpool may enter a bid.

arsenal need to raise funds by selling arshavin ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.footlille.com/breve-losc-26016-gervinho-newcastle-interet-reciproque-.html

Quoting L'Equipe (not yet on their website yet so assuming they've taking it from the paper and will be on later)

Meeting with Gervinho next week (says our representatives have already met with his agent), says Everton have offered €10m but he'd prefer a move here.

O-n you are rapidly becoming this summers transfer guru!

Good work my investigative friend

Does he definitely still have them daft dreads ?

There was a french player in a shop on Acorn Road in Jesmond y'day - mid 20's, black, quite a big lad. Said he was here to discuss terms with NUFC. But he didn't have dreads.

It wasn't that new kid from Lens so trying to suss out who it could be.......

There was a french player in a shop on Acorn Road in Jesmond y'day - mid 20's, black, quite a big lad. Said he was here to discuss terms with NUFC. But he didn't have dreads.

Yes, of course that happened.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh bobby you tease

Demba Ba?

Oh bobby you tease

Demba Ba?

On Demba Ba -

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Not a target from what I'm told. His knee is worse than Ledley King's apparently!

Yes it did smartarse.

He was in my brothers shop, my brother was chatting to him as he showed him round, he asked him what he was doing over here and he said he was discussing a contract.

Same happened when Smith signed. I knew about that before it was made public.

Yes it did smartarse.

He was in my brothers shop, my brother was chatting to him as he showed him round, he asked him what he was doing over here and he said he was discussing a contract.

Didn't think to ask him his name as he "showed him around" though? Yeah, you're right, not the MOST OBVIOUS QUESTION POSSIBLE!

Yes it did smartarse.

so does your brother not know who it was? or does he normally ask people 'what are you doing in my shop?'

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yes it did smartarse.

Then who the fuck was it?

You have opportunity to be a genuine ITK

Find out man

Oh bobby you tease

Demba Ba?

On Demba Ba -

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Not a target from what I'm told. His knee is worse than Ledley King's apparently!

Serious?

Oh bobby you tease

Demba Ba?

On Demba Ba -

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Serious?

That's what he said, yes.

He works in a clothes shop where a lot of the footballers go. He chats to customers when they're in there but doesn't need to ask them what they're called, he's there to do his job and treat the customers well, not come across like some desperate NUFC fanboy. And in the end this french bloke never bought anything so he couldn't see the name on the card etc.

As i said in the first post, we're trying to work out who it could have been and I thought it might be Gervhino but only if he's lost the dreads. And the smartarse responses doubting the story aren't really helping are they....