Gervinho

Dave

Gervinho a few weeks ago:

"I am trying my best to concentrate on the final push for the league," he told skysports.com. "We want to win the championship. Also, we are in the cup final.

"At the end of the season, me and my advisors will speak to the club and see what to do but if I am leaving a club which will play in the Champions League, I will only go to one who is in the Champions League.

"It's the best competition and I want to be a part of that set-up every year."

Hopefully we've changed his mind ...

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll be honest if I was him with his profile and a top club weren't firmly nailing their colours to the mast in terms of paying the fee I would have a year in the champ league with Lille and then do one at the end of the season for fuck all

I'm sure a top club would come knockin then

"I am trying my best to concentrate on the final push for the league," he told skysports.com. "We want to win the championship. Also, we are in the cup final.

"At the end of the season, me and my advisors will speak to the club and see what to do but if I am leaving a club which will play in the Champions League, I will only go to one who is in the Champions League.

Well along with us, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are linked so Arsenal it is then.

Well along with us, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are linked so Arsenal it is then.

"I love the Premier League, but I have interest from Spain and Germany as well, so let's wait and see."

"I love the Premier League, but I have interest from Spain and Germany as well, so let's wait and see."

On about prem sides as most rumours suggest he is coming to the prem.

Surely there's not that much difference between a team likely to be knocked out early doors and one that's not even in the Champs League?

If you're looking for European glory then there's only a team or two in each country who can achieve that.

Surely there's not that much difference between a team likely to be knocked out early doors and one that's not even in the Champs League?

If you're looking for European glory then there's only a team or two in each country who can achieve that.

Shop window for bigger and better things, though.

Have to say i'm growing increasingly wary of players who don't necessarily wanna join us. It does seem like it's going to be cash that'll persuade the likes of Gervinho. I know we want quality, but we've been down this road before and it doesn't work.

Really starting to lean towards N'Zogbia, rather than this guy. If he wants Champions League football, we're not going to give him that, and not for a long while. :neutral:

Have to say i'm growing increasingly wary of players who don't necessarily wanna join us. It does seem like it's going to be cash that'll persuade the likes of Gervinho. I know we want quality, but we've been down this road before and it doesn't work.

Really starting to lean towards N'Zogbia, rather than this guy. If he wants Champions League football, we're not going to give him that, and not for a long while. :neutral:

FWIW I think the club thinks the same, it wouldn't seem to fit with our more prudent transfer policy to pay decent money for a player who didn't really want to be here.

We might be able to convince him obviously, but that's a normal part of transfer dealings. Players will always have options.

May be lost in translation but upon reading the Lille forum apparently he dodged questions from a taxi driver about Manchester City and Arsenal, but smiled when he mentioned Liverpool...

:lol:

Fucking hell man  :lol:

A caller on a radio station, saying he's a taxi driver, that he was driving Gervinho around and figuring information out through the medium of facial expressions :lol:

A caller on a radio station, saying he's a taxi driver, that he was driving Gervinho around and figuring information out through the medium of facial expressions :lol:

Presumably whilst looking in the rear view mirror as well.

For all that taxi driver knew wor Gervi could have been squeezing out a fart.