Gervinho

Dave

Should :smug:

Hugh Abbot: [on the phone, fter the Snooper Force announcement] Malcolm!

Malcolm Tucker: What the fuck was that? Was this the whole Snooper Force thing from you?

Hugh Abbot: Malcolm, I've talked to the PM and this is completely kosher as far as he's concerned. He gave the go-ahead and he said, you know, bounce the Treasury.

Malcolm Tucker: Don't you realise, we have got 17 different issues we are fighting with the Treasury about?

Hugh Abbot: I can hear that you are, as your usual, upset.

Malcolm Tucker: I'll tell you why I am upset. I'm upset because these fucking morons over at the Treasury, these people, they are so paranoid! If you don't tell them about stuff like this, if you don't even cc them on e-mail, they think you've started a palace coup!

Hugh Abbot: Malcolm...

Malcolm Tucker: You don't seem to understand that I am gonna have to mop up a fucking hurricane of piss here from all of these neurotics! What did the Prime Minister actually say to you?

Hugh Abbot: He actually said this is exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.

Malcolm Tucker: What did he actually say?

Hugh Abbot: He said this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing.

Malcolm Tucker: 'SHOULD' be doing. 'Should' does not mean 'yes'.

So basicly the thread from lille is saying we're signing him now? Hope he's good, never really seen him play apart from a few matches in WC but didn't really pay that much attention to him tbf.

Would love zoggy allthough if he(gerv) comes in I belive we won't pursue nzog, if he ain't cheap. Would love the comeptition it would make at our club if we had them all. But we are in dire need of a forward aswell.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So basicly the thread from lille is saying we're signing him now? Hope he's good, never really seen him play apart from a few matches in WC but didn't really pay that much attention to him tbf.

Would love zoggy allthough if he(gerv) comes in I belive we won't pursue nzog, if he ain't cheap. Would love the comeptition it would make at our club if we had them all. But we are in dire need of a forward aswell.

Gervinho's like really good and stuff.

From the Echo:

As well as pursuing Gameiro, Pardew has also been closing in on Lille winger Gervinho, but Newcastle's pursuit of the Ivory Coast international is being hampered by his likely involvement in two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments in the next two years.

Gervinho has hinted he will agree to move to Tyneside if there is no formal approach from his preferred club, Arsenal, in the next few days.

However, Pardew is concerned by Gervinho's international commitments in the next two seasons and is likely to seek assurances about the attacker's availability for club duty.

So if the Africa Cup of Nations is the problem, why do we have an interest in him at all then?  :lol:

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a shit?

Get the twat in.

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a shit?

Get the twat in.

:thup:

Get the twat in.

You sign any player and chances are they'll miss as many games in a season due to injury and/or suspension. At least with this you know precisely when you're going to be missing said player.

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a s***?

Get the t*** in.

You sign any player and chances are they'll miss as many games in a season due to injury and/or suspension. At least with this you know precisely when you're going to be missing said player.

+ the suspension/ injury imponderables.  It is a concern like.  If there was a similar player available for the same prce who wasn't away for the ACN I'd look at them first.  Not sure there is so bring on the Gerv

Get the twat in.

Exactly. I can understand the reservations from Pardew but it should never stop you from signing a quality player. It didn't stop them signing Tiote, did it?  ???

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a s***?

Get the t*** in.

+ the suspension/ injury imponderables.  It is a concern like.  If there was a similar player available for the same prce who wasn't away for the ACN I'd look at them first.  Not sure there is so bring on the Gerv

There's one who plays for Wigan...