Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

So did you find him good yesterday ?

I think he was average... good in the game (he made an acceptable impact on the game i thought) but his freeckicks and corners were atrocious.

Very average, his set-pieces were worse than I've seen in any Lille match this season.

Hopefully he's trying to make himself look shite, because he doesn't want any other clubs to gazump us.

sorry...but are we 100% sure he has signed with us?

Not 100%, but:

- He has confirmed he's joining us.

- His manager has confirmed he's joining us.

- Our own website "accidentally" uploaded a holding page for a video entitled "Cabaye's first interview".

I think all in all it'll just be a case of him passing a medical (if he hasn't already) once he's finished international duty.

sweet...but isn´t his national duty over?

Only a matter of hours ago, give him a chance!

Edit - or maybe it isn't.... :shifty:

France are playing Poland on Thursday.

I think he was average... good in the game (he made an acceptable impact on the game i thought) but his freeckicks and corners were atrocious.

Very average, his set-pieces were worse than I've seen in any Lille match this season.

Hopefully he's trying to make himself look s****, because he doesn't want any other clubs to gazump us.

I didn't watch the match, but I thought one of his strong points was supposed to be his set pieces. If they were atrocious, then that's not encouraging news at all coz since Robert, we've been dying for someone to do the set pieces!

Hopefully he's trying to make himself look s****, because he doesn't want any other clubs to gazump us.

I didn't watch the match, but I thought one of his strong points was supposed to be his set pieces. If they were atrocious, then that's not encouraging news at all coz since Robert, we've been dying for someone to do the set pieces!

His set pieces have been exceptional for the past two seasons. Looked tired last night.

Did you just choose not to watch any games this year?

Did you just choose not to watch any games this year?

That kid doesn't know what he's tlking about man, probably a wum  :shifty:

My word is this what this forum is coming to, long distinguished posters like Alpal being called a kid and a WUM by a newbie poster with capital letters just for having an opinion?!!?!

My word is this what this forum is coming to, long distinguished posters like Alpal being called a kid and a WUM by a newbie poster with capital letters just for having an opinion?!!?!

The world is ending :frantic:

(I see what you're saying though).

Jeez, calm down. It was an obvious joke. It was a bad post by alpal78 though, Barton created more goalscoring chances and more assists from set pieces this season than any other premier league player. I understand what hawk is going on about  O0

Capital letters? OMG!!!  :frantic:

I thought Cabaye got around the pitch quite well last night. I can also see why Barton will not be offered a 4 year deal if we have Cabaye around that long and get a decent winger.

Should also add if Ben Arfa comes back well then Nolan shouldn't be getting a new contract yet.

We have a great togetherness at the moment but we can't get better by giving lengthy contracts to the older players. It will cause us problems further down the line. Hopefully Barton and Nolan will stay; I'd give Barton 3 years and leave Nolan with the 2 he has.

If we're playing 4-3-3 I don't see any reason why we can't play with Cabaye and Barton in the same team, even at the expense of Nolan.

which one slightly to the left ?

Barton.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we're playing 4-3-3 I don't see any reason why we can't play with Cabaye and Barton in the same team, even at the expense of Nolan.

Said it before but Barton would be really good there imo.

I'd prefer Barton right centre tbh in a midfield 3, would alow him to drift wide right easier. Would be easy to swich formation on the fly too with Cabaye and Tiote staying in the centre, Barton going wide right and one of the wingers joining up with the lone striker.

Obviosly replace players when we sign them:

Best

Jonas                            Barfa

Cabaye      Barton

Tiote

Can easily become:

Best

Barfa

Jonas                              Barton

Cabaye    Tiote

Barton.

Cabaye played on the left for Lille in their final game of the season.

I think either would be fine though.

Guest bimpy474

Barton.

No such thing as left or right, it should be interact and float about all of you, its Pardew's plan to have us like Barcelona in a year :D

Barton.

I've never seen Cabaye so I can't comment, I've just read he plays on the right of a midfield 3.

My opinion of Barton there is based on him playing on the left of a midfield 3 under Keegan.

Jeez, calm down. It was an obvious joke. It was a bad post by alpal78 though, Barton created more goalscoring chances and more assists from set pieces this season than any other premier league player. I understand what hawk is going on about  O0

Barton may have a got a few assists from set pieces (how many by the way?) but would you consider him as a consistent set piece taker (in both creating goals and having a direct shot) say the way Robert used to? I would even say that quite a few of Barton's assists must have been with Carroll and that does not necessarily reflect the quality of the set piece, if you can get the ball into the six yard box, there's more than 50% chance that Carroll will bludgeon it in.

I'd prefer Barton right centre tbh in a midfield 3, would alow him to drift wide right easier. Would be easy to swich formation on the fly too with Cabaye and Tiote staying in the centre, Barton going wide right and one of the wingers joining up with the lone striker.

Obviosly replace players when we sign them:

Best

Jonas                            Barfa

Cabaye      Barton

Tiote

Can easily become:

Best

Barfa

Jonas                              Barton

Cabaye    Tiote

Not this trash again.

Jeez, calm down. It was an obvious joke. It was a bad post by alpal78 though, Barton created more goalscoring chances and more assists from set pieces this season than any other premier league player. I understand what hawk is going on about  O0

Barton may have a got a few assists from set pieces (how many by the way?) but would you consider him as a consistent set piece taker (in both creating goals and having a direct shot) say the way Robert used to? I would even say that quite a few of Barton's assists must have been with Carroll and that does not necessarily reflect the quality of the set piece, if you can get the ball into the six yard box, there's more than 50% chance that Carroll will bludgeon it in.

Barton assisted 5 goals this season and created 41 goalscoring chances.

Again your post is flawed, it is irrelevant if they were to Carroll.