Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The songs will come in time i reckon. It's so common nowadays that you forget, but the Coloccini one is absolutely inspired, like. Best in my lifetime i reckon.

:huff: Blates the ketsbaia song...we geordies started all that.

I remember Aston Villa fans singing that about Paul McGrath eons before Ketsbaia came.

The songs will come in time i reckon. It's so common nowadays that you forget, but the Coloccini one is absolutely inspired, like. Best in my lifetime i reckon.

:huff: Blates the ketsbaia song...we geordies started all that.

I remember Aston Villa fans singing that about Paul McGrath eons before Ketsbaia came.

Lies! :D

An avid reader and regular cinema goer, Cabaye hopes to be buying English novels soon while shunning film subtitles as he avoids retreating into the security of life inside a Gallic clique. Seeking to embrace fully a new existence, he spends many an evening out with his wife, Fiona, developing Anglo-Saxon linguistic skills in a university lecture theatre and he has made firm friends with Newcastle's Spanish-speaking contingent. "When I arrived I got really close with Xisco [the Spanish striker since loaned to Deportivo La Coruña]," says Cabaye, who, due to his archetypal "nice boy next door" persona is regularly likened to Take That's Mark Owen by team-mates. "But most of the time now I hang out with the Argentinian players, Colo [Fabricio Coloccini] and Jonás [Gutiérrez]."

:lol: :lol:

Xisco does not waste time  :lol:

Poor today, had no control of the midfield.

Clearly down to his injury though, so hopefully he will get better after the international break. The rest could do him good as his form has dipped a little since the last block of internationals.

FFS there were 2 vs 3 again in the centre, against Villa he was superb when 2 vs 2. Didnt get much time on the ball and Tiote´s absence was a factor too.

Created the first goal.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did his injury look bad? Really want the Tiote Cabaye partnership back

Not really. Will be fit for Manchester.

Guest Minusmensch

I think Cabaye looked good today, and it good to see him work very well with both Tiote and Guthrie. I hope the injury is nothing serious, though. He's a machine, and he's needed. even on his bad days he's very, very good and work extremely good for the team.

Guest Wally_McFool

Poor today, had no control of the midfield.

Clearly down to his injury though, so hopefully he will get better after the international break. The rest could do him good as his form has dipped a little since the last block of internationals.

We were 2-0 up with Cabaye on the pitch and were considerably worse after he went off.

WTF are you on? :D