Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'm not sure how anything above a warning is just here, a single game ban is perhaps harsh.  The cunt was reckless in every challenge and provoked Cabaye's reaction.  If the ref had given a yellow earlier, which some of El-Abd's tackles warranted, he'd have probably not been as agressive on Cabaye.

This is all complete bollocks.

Guest Wally_McFool

All clubs who have players banned by the FA's 'Trial by TV/Media' method should send a DVD of the huge number of similar incidents that haven't been punished by the FA and ask them to explain themselves.

I really would like to see who is on this 'Panel' of theirs.

I don't know but it appears the likes of Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Ray Stubbs, etc. have a huge amount of input into the FA panels decision making.

This cunt is one of the principle reasons this is happening. He was whining like a little kid about it on the telly and wouldn't let it drop especially when John Barnes disagreed with him about the possiblity of Cabaye being banned for retaliation.

All clubs who have players banned by the FA's 'Trial by TV/Media' method should send a DVD of the huge number of similar incidents that haven't been punished by the FA and ask them to explain themselves.

I really would like to see who is on this 'Panel' of theirs.

I don't know but it appears the likes of Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Ray Stubbs, etc. have a huge amount of input into the FA panels decision making.

This cunt is one of the principle reasons this is happening. He was whining like a little kid about it on the telly and wouldn't let it drop especially when John Barnes disagreed with him about the possiblity of Cabaye being banned for retaliation.

Said nowt about the obvious handball, but couldn't shut his gob over the tackle. Complete fucktard.

Depends on:

a) Who you are

b) who you play for

c) if the media pick up a fuss or pundits wank over it.

Basically sums up the FA Inconsitency Panel of Kangaroo Court Judges.  The media having a good whinge over a 'Ballotelli type of challenge' one week after he deliberately tried to stamp on someones head and someone has a stupid kick out was never going to be overlooked.

Yohan has to shoulder a large degree of the blame here. Yes the inconsistency of the FA is very frustrating, as is the fact that certain members of the media wouldn't let it drop, but at the end of the day the player has let us down with a piece of needless petulance. With Tiote already away we are now left without another one of our first choice centre midfield players for three games. Three tough games have no become that bit tougher. Hopefully one of Gosling or Abeid is given a chance to step up and grabs it with both hands.

Guest johnson293

Yohan Cabaye charged with violent conduct, facing 3 match ban.

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

Unsurprisingly, seems to be the general feeling of that lot.  :rolleyes:

Guest ykmkmdd

Think he should deny the charge and request a personal hearing, turn on the old gallic charm....

http://soccerfy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/54ced__a_Cabaye_300.jpg

Guest Chubby Jason

Shall we get the t shirts out for Yohan? I've go loads of Suarez designs that I can just alter a little bit in time for the Blackburn game.

Guest VaVaVoom

Cant beleive people are moaning about the ban. i.e -Sayin it isnt warranted.

Of course it is...He has been lucky not to have been banned already!

Think he should deny the charge and request a personal hearing, turn on the old gallic charm....

http://soccerfy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/54ced__a_Cabaye_300.jpg

These turning up = ban recinded and NUFC reinstated back into the FA Cup

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/alan-pardew-yohan-cabaye.jpg

Had enough of this trial by tv crap. In effect all they're doing is correcting what the officials got wrong on the day. Where should they draw the line? They don't do anything after the event about a goal that was obviously legal, eg Englands v Germany in the world cup, when any idiot could tell it was way over the line. They don't do anything about a blatant handball like the  incident at Brighton, that should have gave us a penalty, and probably had a massive bearing on the outcome.

To my mind, if 3/4 officials miss it during the game that should be the end of the matter. If trial by TV is to ensure justice in football, then why let obviously wrong decisions go unchanged?

I'm not sure, but do referees face trial by TV? Do they replay the glaring mistakes made each week, and subsequently give referees a 3 match ban? Not very often that's for sure.