Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Depressed like much of the other with being told to play against their strengths out of position and against their natural instincts to enjoy playing free flowing football.

The whole coaching set up needs shooting. Yes men all round and gutless.. no surprise it is rubbing off on our players at least half of which could be playing for most clubs in the league.

This view lets the players off the hook.

Oh, they don't like the tactics or don't like playing out of position? The poor dears, they could always fuck off and get a real job.

Whilst Pardew is nominally steering the ship (or at least he's supposed to be) and is ultimately responsible for this disastrous season, the players have just participated in our worst home performance in living memory (confirmed by some fans who have been watching since the 1960s).

Pardew will carry the can and he should because he is out of his depth and has patently lost the trust and support of the players but Pardew didn't take a corner during the game or hit a sloppy pass, or fail to pick up an opposition player.

As clueless as Pards is I'm pretty sure he didn't instruct the players to stand still when they had the ball. Although he's obviously responsible for the amount of aimless hoofs upfield.

I'm angry at Pardew but yesterday's gutless performance can largely be laid at the feet of the players who should be ashamed, as professionals, by such a capitulation.

Depressed like much of the other with being told to play against their strengths out of position and against their natural instincts to enjoy playing free flowing football.

The whole coaching set up needs shooting. Yes men all round and gutless.. no surprise it is rubbing off on our players at least half of which could be playing for most clubs in the league.

This view lets the players off the hook.

Oh, they don't like the tactics or don't like playing out of position? The poor dears, they could always f*** off and get a real job.

Whilst Pardew is nominally steering the ship (or at least he's supposed to be) and is ultimately responsible for this disastrous season, the players have just participated in our worst home performance in living memory (confirmed by some fans who have been watching since the 1960s).

Pardew will carry the can and he should because he is out of his depth and has patently lost the trust and support of the players but Pardew didn't take a corner during the game or hit a sloppy pass, or fail to pick up an opposition player.

As clueless as Pards is I'm pretty sure he didn't instruct the players to stand still when they had the ball. Although he's obviously responsible for the amount of aimless hoofs upfield.

I'm angry at Pardew but yesterday's gutless performance can largely be laid at the feet of the players who should be ashamed, as professionals, by such a capitulation.

:lol:

I don't think he had a clear idea about my game or what to do. He was good football man but more suited to coaching English teams without foreign players with big reputations.

"I think that was a bit of a problem for him

- Carlos Tevez after Pardew was sacked at West Ham

It was clear the team did not react as he wanted — it wasn't going right.

"I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

"I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don't think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game.

"It didn't fit where he put me, but I wanted to help"

Tevez again. Sound familiar?

The players were hugely unprofessional and deserve heavy criticism for it, they were hung out to dry by their manager, in terms of a suicidal line up and tactics, and when they needed him for solutions he couldn't come up with them. I didn't think the players were apathetic, they looked defeated, humiliated and devoid of any confidence and I think Taylor summed it up perfectly post-match, they were feeling sorry for themselves, which is not good enough. I personally think Pardew was most at fault for yesterday's debacle but the players need a backlash too, they're most likely frustrated at the manager but there are far better ways to show it.

There either needs to be some leadership from the dugout or on the pitch, we don't appear to have either right now, which is especially worrying as the bloke in charge seemingly leans on individuals so much to get us results.

The players were hugely unprofessional and deserve heavy criticism for it, they were hung out to dry by their manager, in terms of a suicidal line up and tactics, and when they needed him for solutions he couldn't come up with them. I didn't think the players were apathetic, they looked defeated, humiliated and devoid of any confidence and I think Taylor summed it up perfectly post-match, they were feeling sorry for themselves, which is not good enough. I personally think Pardew was most at fault for yesterday's debacle but the players need a backlash too, they're most likely frustrated at the manager but there are far better ways to show it.

There either needs to be some leadership from the dugout or on the pitch, we don't appear to have either right now, which is especially worrying as the bloke in charge seemingly leans on individuals so much to get us results.

I think some people are massively under estimating the influence that Pardew is having on the players, I've seen shit managers like him in industry and the negative impact they can have is incredible.

I bet the players hate what is happening, every last one of them. 

Aye they looked devastated yesterday as they did absolutely nothing to prevent the opposition running riot.

They didn't do enough but the game was lost before it had kicked off.

One thing was clear, when they came out for the second half the players were clearly lifted by the subs, and had a good spell for 10-15 mins before we handed them the killer 3rd goal. After that heads really dropped. But that spell gave a glimpse that they felt much more comfortable having some attacking outlets.