Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It's blatantly clear he's lost all faith in Pardew. After all, he has actually been lied to about our style of play.

Still a key player in my books despite his below-par performances recently.

that doesn't excuse a lack of effort, though.

Guest neesy111

Heart of a pea. Wouldn't lose any sleep if he's sold in the summer regardless of division.

Agreed.  He's all talk but little action.

Heart of a pea. Wouldn't lose any sleep if he's sold in the summer regardless of division.

Totally, if we stop up we should offload him.  He has been shocking and not bothered his arse one little bit fighting for the cause.

Totally, if we stop up we should offload him.  He has been shocking and not bothered his arse one little bit fighting for the cause.

Who do you think will take him?

Christ, it really is getting like RTG in here. If Cabaye had been fit all year we'd be nowhere near the bottom three.

PSG staff mentioned wanting him a couple of weeks ago.

Why would they want him though, he's shite and has the heart of a pea. There's no way we're gonna be able to offload this chancer.

He's patently given up on the manager, and I would guess he's seriously wondering if the club can match his ambitions with this manager in charge.

Certainly doesn't excuse the lack of professionalism he's shown recently though.

He's patently given up on the manager, and I would guess he's seriously wondering if the club can match his ambitions with this manager in charge.

Certainly doesn't excuse the lack of professionalism he's shown recently though.

He's not the first player to have a negative reaction to a manager, he's not even the first player to do it here.

Indeed. Can't condone it but I wouldn't blame any of the players for being well beyond the end of their tether. Coloccini is too, but today showed that it's not as simple as "offload him and problem solved"

PSG staff mentioned wanting him a couple of weeks ago.

Why would they want him though, he's shite and has the heart of a pea. There's no way we're gonna be able to offload this chancer.

Agreed. We should snap up some of the Scottish internationals in Wigan's midfield, or perhaps the French lad that Villa got from Ligue 2 to replace him.

Give them to Pards and then we'll see some real football. :thup:

Our central midfield is f***ing s*** with these two in it.

Been saying that for ages. They just don't function together at all.

Except for the first three months and last three months of last season they did. It's all Pards man.

They didn't though. You could count the number of times they've controlled midfield on one hand.

Cracking through ball for the Cisse goal/none-goal, but aye let's sell him. :rolleyes:

Not got much of a choice if he doesn't want to be here. I'd rather have a player who imposes himself and gets goals anyway.

Cracking through ball for the Cisse goal/none-goal, but aye let's sell him. :rolleyes:

Not got much of a choice if he doesn't want to be here. I'd rather have a player who imposes himself and gets goals anyway.

Cabaye does have six this season tbf. I'm not saying he doesn't want to leave, just pointing out that actively wanting to sell him is lunacy.

Guest Roger Kint

There was one moment today when he lost the ball and just instantly gave up. Thought that was horrendous, he's not been himself lately at all.

In all fairness i saw 2/3 instances of that. Not that i would want to sell but its a worrying sign for a player as captain to do it. Looks like a player already on the way out imo

There was one moment today when he lost the ball and just instantly gave up. Thought that was horrendous, he's not been himself lately at all.

In all fairness i saw 2/3 instances of that. Not that i would want to sell but its a worrying sign for a player as captain to do it. Looks like a player already on the way out imo

:coloccini: ;)

Guest Roger Kint

;)

He was still captain right? Missed KO :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

He was still captain right? Missed KO :lol:

No.

Assumed we wouldnt change it, not that it really changes my point as he wasnt exactly a great leader in previous games either

Guest neesy111

Cabaye does have six this season tbf. I'm not saying he doesn't want to leave, just pointing out that actively wanting to sell him is lunacy.

Its not tbh, he doesn't have what it takes to play in the EPL at the very top and his comments about getting depressed can be evidence of that.

I've gone right off Cabaye, like. I like the idea of him, of what he could be and how he recruits players for us. But the reality is that he's been poor most of this season. I even had that horrible "If someone bid a decent amount, I'd let him go" thought today.