Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye has shown some underlining fitness issues for me that are not related to his groin injury.  He played 35 games last season, not even a full league campaign.

I do think it's more to do with our training than him himself though as the squad's fitness last season as a whole was shocking.

He has his own personal trainer as well so he does a lot of extra fitness work away from the club.

Cabaye has shown some underlining fitness issues for me that are not related to his groin injury.  He played 35 games last season, not even a full league campaign.

I do think it's more to do with our training than him himself though as the squad's fitness last season as a whole was shocking.

Agree - very poor fitness levels and lots of injuries indicate a poorly-trained squad.

We've never had so may injuries as last season as far as I can recall  ; as for the cups being a distraction, back in 75-76 we reached the LCF at Wembley and the FA Cup Qtrs, even though we were hit with flu and had a fixture congestion piling up. The flu virus affected us far more than playing lots of games and I reckon Pardew's preparation fpr pre-season and maintaining fitness levels throughout the season has been suspect to say the least.

We had Duncan French overseeing strength and conditioning at the club during the 11/12 season and we picked up very few injuries. He leaves his post, we don't appear to have adequately replaced him and suddenly our injury list is once again horrific. Coincidence?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Roma prepared to spunk up to £10m on him

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10484256.Roma_poised_to_make_big_money_bid_for_Cabaye/

Can see him wanting to go and work with Garcia again, tbh.  Has to be better than freezing your tits off in the NE wasting your time under Pardew, especially in the World Cup year.

:mackems:

I know man. Daft bastards :lol:

Guest bendewar

Ever poor season we have is "ruined" by injuries.

If injury plagued season are so common, which they are, something (else) at the club is fundamentally wrong!

We have been at the top of the injury table for a long time, bar 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons.

There is definitely something wrong with the way we train and handle injuries (provided they are being looked after in-house), as it has been an issue the last 10-11 years it cannot be a coincidence.

Agree - very poor fitness levels and lots of injuries indicate a poorly-trained squad.

We've never had so may injuries as last season as far as I can recall  ; as for the cups being a distraction, back in 75-76 we reached the LCF at Wembley and the FA Cup Qtrs, even though we were hit with flu and had a fixture congestion piling up. The flu virus affected us far more than playing lots of games and I reckon Pardew's preparation fpr pre-season and maintaining fitness levels throughout the season has been suspect to say the least.

We had Duncan French overseeing strength and conditioning at the club during the 11/12 season and we picked up very few injuries. He leaves his post, we don't appear to have adequately replaced him and suddenly our injury list is once again horrific. Coincidence?

His Linkedin profile says he is still with us

edit: he wasn't in the team photo in Sept so ignore that

His Linkedin profile says he is still with us

edit: he wasn't in the team photo in Sept so ignore that

Aye, its way out of date. He left in 2012. He's high up in the national S&C association now, the name escapes me.