Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Looks like I (and many others) may have jumped the gun with that tweet last night. Still though, this isn't the last we'll hear about this. Can I take 2/3 months of this with regards to most of our players though? A meltdown is coming come the start of the season I think. Yay.

I don't want to sell him and I hope these rumors are that and we keep him.  23M is the type of offer I'd imagine from a money rich club like Monaco, but I'd rather we kept our players and continued to build our squad.

Losing my faith in L'Equipe like :hmm:

Other than this one bloke, there's been no mention at all of this though, no other evidence to say it was even mentioned by L'Equipe TV. You'd have thought there'd be more than one person mentioning it in the whole of France if it was. Just seeming more and more like bullshit at the moment, even more so since this same person said Victor Valdes was having a medical with Monaco 3 weeks ago.

Guest Phil K

Its not the last we'll hear on Cabaye going.

I'm pretty sure he WILL go, and not just him.

With Jar-Jar Pardoo as manager I'd want to go too

Losing my faith in L'Equipe like :hmm:

Other than this one bloke, there's been no mention at all of this though, no other evidence to say it was even mentioned by L'Equipe TV. You'd have thought there'd be more than one person mentioning it in the whole of France if it was. Just seeming more and more like bullshit at the moment, even more so since this same person said Victor Valdes was having a medical with Monaco 3 weeks ago.

Very valid points actually. Still though can't help but feel that this will set off some sort of chain reaction.

Well good news allround. Either he stays or we get a wedge load more money now.

I am indifferent on this one, love him but as someone eloquently put it.."what's the point in having a Ferrari if you can't drive." if we get upwards of 25m I think we could use the money for the best of the team and bring in at least two players of similar quality.

The way Monaco have conducted their business in the market so far makes me think if they really wanted Cabaye they'd have made a bid by now. I think this is one of those scenarios were there's nowt going on and a few journalists think it should happen so they've ran with it. Vadim Vasilyev didn't give the impression that anything was in the offing last week when he described him as "exciting" before going on to wax lyrical about Eric Abidal and bringing him back to France.

I am indifferent on this one, love him but as someone eloquently put it.."what's the point in having a Ferrari if you can't drive." if we get upwards of 25m I think we could use the money for the best of the team and bring in at least two players of similar quality.

:yao:

I am indifferent on this one, love him but as someone eloquently put it.."what's the point in having a Ferrari if you can't drive." if we get upwards of 25m I think we could use the money for the best of the team and bring in at least two double decker buses and a volvo estate.

fyp

Looks like I (and many others) may have jumped the gun with that tweet last night. Still though, this isn't the last we'll hear about this. Can I take 2/3 months of this with regards to most of our players though? A meltdown is coming come the start of the season I think. Yay.

we go through this kind of thing every summer

Guest bimpy474

Jonas most tackles. Solves the reason why he's undroppable then.

Aye this is exactly what i want from my LM/LW, sod the assists and goals, Pardew is fecking weird like :lol:

Most assists : 4.  :'(

Actually depressing that our top scorer had 13 and most assists was 4, when in a single season Robert scored 10 and made 18. :lol:

Yup and he barely featured.

My favourite NUFC player.

Actually depressing that our top scorer had 13 and most assists was 4, when in a single season Robert scored 10 and made 18. :lol:

Eh?

Robert got 12 in his best season by the way, not 10.

Eh?

Robert got 12 in his best season by the way, not 10.

I know but I'm talking about the 01-02 season where he got that in a single season.