Yohan Cabaye retires

Sunlun are the s**** version of Spurs and we're the s**** version of Arsenal this window  :lol:

Not sure if we are the s*** version of them or the other way around, at least we have signed a senior player even if only on loan :lol:

Would be so f***ed off if I was an Arsenal fan, apparently a s*** load of money to spend, the teams above you having management changes etc.. Probably the best chance they had to possibly compete for years but they spend nothing while their rivals bring in half a dozen real quality players.

I ALMOST feel sorry for them :lol:

They apparently have 180m in cash reserves for transfers, that's f*cking embarrassing when you think about it.

Set aside that amount of money and do f*ck all with it.

They really could have challenged. Look at what Spurs look to have done with half that and losing their best player in the process.

I know some will think "Boo hoo, only challenging for the Champions League again!" but we know our situation, we know we were never going to fulfil our potential. This summer was THE summer for Arsenal, lots of promises made, bids going in for top players but they have ended up with a kid and Flamini (so far).

I would be violently frustrated, the Arsenal lad I work with barely spoke today he was so pissed off. Don't think I've every gone into work and been so angry about football I've been snappy at my colleagues :lol:

so basically what everyone thought came to pass, Arsenal are too cheap to pay our asking price for a player they never really needed in the first place but are quite happy to completely unsettle him and cause him to miss 2 games (1 of which against a side they supposedly want to compete with in theory).

I don't think west ham are in the running for 4th spot

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

I think when Pardew comes out with stuff like that it's generally to prepare the fans for the loss because he knows Ashley is happy to sell. Pardew doesn't benefit from losing the players & he got stung when Derek/Mike assured him they wouldn't sell Carroll and he was fairly sure he wouldn't go...100% in fact.

I think this as well, but I can't really be bothered to make the argument any more. It just seems ridiculous to me that Pardew is saying the things he does to actively shop Cabaye around. It's silly. He's just answering the fact that he can't guarantee us anything about transfers.

Why is it silly? Part of Pardew's job is to do Ashley's PR through the press, if Ashley wants to sell Cabaye then Pardew's gonna talk about it.

Just shows how important a competent person in the DOF or 'responsible for dealings' role can be. If Arsenal had Levy they would probably be cleaning up.

The irony is that year after year Spurs look like they are stealing a march on their rivals but Arsenal pip them in the end.

It is really getting to some Spurs fans I know that no matter what they do they can never finish above Arsenal.

Just shows how important a competent person in the DOF or 'responsible for dealings' role can be. If Arsenal had Levy they would probably be cleaning up.

The irony is that year after year Spurs look like they are stealing a march on their rivals but Arsenal pip them in the end.

It is really getting to some Spurs fans I know that no matter what they do they can never finish above Arsenal.

Only a matter of time though, surely.

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

I think when Pardew comes out with stuff like that it's generally to prepare the fans for the loss because he knows Ashley is happy to sell. Pardew doesn't benefit from losing the players & he got stung when Derek/Mike assured him they wouldn't sell Carroll and he was fairly sure he wouldn't go...100% in fact.

I think this as well, but I can't really be bothered to make the argument any more. It just seems ridiculous to me that Pardew is saying the things he does to actively shop Cabaye around. It's silly. He's just answering the fact that he can't guarantee us anything about transfers.

Why is it silly? Part of Pardew's job is to do Ashley's PR through the press, if Ashley wants to sell Cabaye then Pardew's gonna talk about it.

I just don't really believe PR is a big part of Pardew's job, except to the normal extent that a manager will try to make his club look good. I also don't know that Ashley wants to sell Cabaye actively, we don't really have a history of doing that.

Anyway, as I said I don't expect anyone to agree or change their opinion, my view is just that Pardew waffles on a bit too much in interviews. I don't think there's a grand plan behind it.

Only a matter of time though, surely.

You'd think so, but they just never seem to be able to do it despite often looking like they will, and that's what drives the Spurs fans nuts.

Guest Phil K

so basically what everyone thought came to pass, Arsenal are too cheap to pay our asking price for a player they never really needed in the first place but are quite happy to completely unsettle him and cause him to miss 2 games (1 of which against a side they supposedly want to compete with in theory).

Perfect summing up of the situation to date.

Yup, young Mr Kelly nailed it there.

I just don't really believe PR is a big part of Pardew's job, except to the normal extent that a manager will try to make his club look good. I also don't know that Ashley wants to sell Cabaye actively, we don't really have a history of doing that.

Anyway, as I said I don't expect anyone to agree or change their opinion, my view is just that Pardew waffles on a bit too much in interviews. I don't think there's a grand plan behind it.

:pards:

On the face of it, I'd rather we took the money and re-invested it in a player who wants to be here.

Quite how easy it'll be for Cabaye to walk back into the dressing room after all this, is anyone's guess.

On the face of it, I'd rather we took the money and re-invested it in a player who wants to be here.

Quite how easy it'll be for Cabaye to walk back into the dressing room after all this, is anyone's guess.

Most of them are his mates who he had a say in getting over here, easy as pie. As if they'll give a fuck man.

No coincidence that they haven't been as successful since Dein left IMO.

we need a Jew.

Most of them are his mates who he had a say in getting over here, easy as pie. As if they'll give a fuck man.

It feels to me like he's given a public vote of no confidence in the team. I don't think he'll be facing outright hostility, but it's not exactly a boost to morale.