Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Want the best XI possible out on the park and he's part of it. Not sure who to believe as regards to him refusing or us refusing to play him but fuck it, it's a very winnable 3 points at stake and I want the best team possible out there. Having to swallow a bit of pride in the process is irrelevant, if he's playing in black and white he'll get no shit from me. The club comes first. 

:thup:

olly bernard wanted to leave for west ham a few years back, he was forced into staying against his will (mind he didn't reportedly refuse to play) and went on to becoming a very good player for us with the crowd loving him as his attitude when he played was spot on. cabaye will get a few boos but most will wait to see how he plays before giving him stick/cutting him some slack.

If he plays he will get a great reception

I think herd mentality will set in to an extent. Pretty sure a lot of people will just go with the overriding consensus of whether to boo/cheer.

I for one don't blame the good looking c*** for wanting away with out current setup/regime, especially as CL teams were interested.  He'd be a lunatic not to have.

Hopefully see the best of him tomorrow, cause we f***ing need him.

I don't think many blame him for having enough of the setup/regime and wanting to leave, but refusing to play is out of order.

bollocks. many can agree with him wanting to go but are p*ssed off with the way he's went about it. put in an official transfer request so you lose your 10% and still play your best while you have to.

I for one don't blame the good looking c*** for wanting away with out current setup/regime, especially as CL teams were interested.  He'd be a lunatic not to have.

I don't think many blame him for having enough of the setup/regime and wanting to leave, but refusing to play is out of order.

bollocks. many can agree with him wanting to go but are p*ssed off with the way he's went about it. put in an official transfer request so you lose your 10% and still play your best while you have to.

Why do you start your post with bollocks then go on to paraphrase what you're quoting?

Has has REALLY refused to play?

I don't know how people can trust them,

it's not so much trusting them it's more if someone said that about me in the press, if it was crap i'd put them straight.

What part is bollocks?

:lol:

Your post agrees with what I've said.

What part is bollocks?

:lol:

Your post agrees with what I've said.

aye, but it's the bit I emboldened in messis post.

(I just couldn't be chewed to go back to his individual post after already quoting it so just used the bold)

The Times today claiming he is very close to signing for Arsenal. I hope Arsenal are grateful that we're keeping a good relationship with them (by not selling to PSG instead) and give us a first dibs on their best youngsters like maybe Frimpong on loan.

The Times today claiming he is very close to signing for Arsenal. I hope Arsenal are grateful that we're keeping a good relationship with them (by not selling to PSG instead) and give us a first dibs on their best youngsters like maybe Frimpong on loan.

Dibs on Gibbs!

They are quoting a fee of 14 million. Seems on the low side to me

Wouldn't boo any player once they pulled on the black and white shirt. Say what you want about them during the week, full support on a matchday though.

Would be incredibly counter-productive to boo when he could be pivotal to us getting 3 points today.

£14m after last season is probably on the high side. I think £20m is pie in the sky stuff but I still would have set that as my asking price.

Wonder if there is any truth to us demanding a sell-on clause and a further few million over the next 2 years.

Wouldn't boo any player once they pulled on the black and white shirt. Say what you want about them during the week, full support on a matchday though.

Would be incredibly counter-productive to boo when he could be pivotal to us getting 3 points today.

Never understood booing your own players, well not during the game at least. Yes YOU might feel a little better but it's not going to help the player/team.

£14m after last season is probably on the high side. I think £20m is pie in the sky stuff but I still would have set that as my asking price.

Wonder if there is any truth to us demanding a sell-on clause and a further few million over the next 2 years.

I disagree totally Jordan Henderson was 20 million before this new TV deal.

Yes Cabaye wasn't at his best last season but nor was any other player.

Why some of our fans are happy to see him sold on the cheap is beyond me

Never understood booing your own players, well not during the game at least. Yes YOU might feel a little better but it's not going to help the player/team.

Yep. It will happen though, we've got form for it.

Yep. It will happen though, we've got form for it.

Unfortunately true.

Never boo your own.

Henderson isn't as bad as some on here make out. Nowhere near being worth £20m but he's English and Dalglish bought him so that explains that.

Henderson isn't as bad as some on here make out. Nowhere near being worth £20m but he's English and Dalglish bought him so that explains that.

Yes I agree with you, but we aren't in a position where we have to sell. Their Is no need for any sort of fire sale.

I think if you look historically when a premier league club is buying a top player from another premier league club the fee Is always high and in current market 14million is not a high fee.

Wigan want more than that for McCarthy

He's a very good player in my john humble.