Yohan Cabaye retires

Ah right, I thought it was illegal to film anything inside the stadium  :blush:

Welllllllllll taking video or photographs is not allowed during game play however I think as far as the forum go's its more copyrighted videos we can't post.

I may be wrong and Dave could be on his way to spank my bum bum

Compare Martinez's comments about Barkley the other week. Everyone knows that every player has his price, but fuck me Pardew is relentless with this shit and it's completely unnecessary.

after the Carroll debacle he clearly will never again be so forthright with statements as he was then that the player is staying. Changes nowt anyway, if he said he's definitely staying no matter what blah blah blah everyone would assume he's lying anyway and clubs know our stance on our players ie bid big enough.

If he is sold it will be for a pretty hefty fee so I hopefully that will allow us to buy a decent replacement. He's not going to sign a new contract so whether he runs it down or is sold for a big fee is ok with me.

Welllllllllll taking video or photographs is not allowed during game play however I think as far as the forum go's its more copyrighted videos we can't post.

It's alright. Rich has you covered in case Dave comes knocking.

Speaking of which, are off-the-ball incidents allowed? Mike was flexing his muscles to me posting that Sissoko-Mike Jones gif while ignoring a couple others who posted the same. :lol:

I probably should have PM'd you, was just trying to be nice in a sarcastic way :lol:

It's alright. Rich has you covered in case Dave comes knocking.

Speaking of which, are off-the-ball incidents allowed? Mike was flexing his muscles to me posting that Sissoko-Mike Jones gif while ignoring a couple others who posted the same. :lol:

:lol:

Erm as far as I know its before kick off during half time and after the final whistle only.

I probably should have PM'd you, was just trying to be nice in a sarcastic way :lol:

I am sure there has been loads of fan shot goal footage posted before.

Compare Martinez's comments about Barkley the other week. Everyone knows that every player has his price, but f*** me Pardew is relentless with this s*** and it's completely unnecessary.

What bothers me is the message it gives the player, it's not 'we're going to fight to keep you so don't bother agitating for a move' it's 'well if somebody bids for you...'

That's the message you choose to interpret it as though. In reality we have shown we'll fight to keep players, as Cabaye knows all to well.

Guest bimpy474

Compare Martinez's comments about Barkley the other week. Everyone knows that every player has his price, but f*** me Pardew is relentless with this s*** and it's completely unnecessary.

What bothers me is the message it gives the player, it's not 'we're going to fight to keep you so don't bother agitating for a move' it's 'well if somebody bids for you...'

That's the message you choose to interpret it as though. In reality we have shown we'll fight to keep players, as Cabaye knows all to well.

Is fight to keep the player or get the fee we feel he's worth. Slightly different reasoning imo.

Is fight to keep the player or get the fee we feel he's worth. Slightly different reasoning imo.

Is that any different to any other club in the league?

same for vast majority, only exceptions are Chelsea and City but normal logic doesn't apply to them.

I can't see much difference. Even the much lauded Martinez quote about Barkley only went as far as saying he wouldn't be off in this window due to the disruption it would cause.

He knows full well there is a point where the difference the money would mean to the club outweighs the usefulness of the player, he's just lucky that unlike Cabaye, Barkley is unlikely to be pushing for a move at this stage.

Guest bimpy474

Suppose not really. It always feels like we're more about the money than the player. I guess it's just the policy we have. Tbf Ashley through which ever monkey, has never hid that.

Guest bimpy474

I can't see much difference. Even the much lauded Martinez quote about Barkley only went as far as saying he wouldn't be off in this window due to the disruption it would cause.

He knows full well there is a point where the difference the money would mean to the club outweighs the usefulness of the player, he's just lucky that unlike Cabaye, Barkley is unlikely to be pushing for a move at this stage.

Aye, i guess i'm still hanging to the notion of players loving clubs  :undecided:

I can't remember any manager here being so willing to talk about our players leaving, I'm not bothered what other managers do at other clubs do.

There's only one way to keep top players at a club and that's to compete in the CL. For clubs like us where top 10 is seen as success the only players who will want to stay are the ones who aren't good enough for a better club.

I can't remember any manager here being so willing to talk about our players leaving, I'm not bothered what other managers do at other clubs do.

I've not know a Newcastle manager to have to field so many questions about our players leaving since the Carroll nonsense. Whether that be Jose, Barton, Ba, Tiote, Coloccini, Yohan...

I don't think it's because Pardew wants to talk about it particularly, it's just the first lazy question every journalist asks when players are doing well, or in the case of Colo, rumours of a juicy story just won't die.

Guest strongbow69

I still think our buy to sell policy is a myth, how many players have we actually bought to then sell for a profit? Ba at a push.

I agree but isn't it more our willingness to propagate the notion everyone is for sale at the right price and those prices being bandied about continuously . Especially for our better players, I wouldn't mind hearing obertan is available for 3m more often mind .

I still think our buy to sell policy is a myth, how many players have we actually bought to then sell for a profit? Ba at a push.

I agree but isn't it more our willingness to propagate the notion everyone is for sale at the right price and those prices being bandied about continuously . Especially for our better players, I wouldn't mind hearing obertan is available for 3m more often mind .

:lol:

I've not know a Newcastle manager to have to field so many questions about our players leaving since the Carroll nonsense. Whether that be Jose, Barton, Ba, Tiote, Coloccini, Yohan...

I don't think it's because Pardew wants to talk about it particularly, it's just the first lazy question every journalist asks when players are doing well, or in the case of Colo, rumours of a juicy story just won't die.

He fields so many questions because he's happy to give an answer.  Wenger was asked about transfers yesterday and refused to answer, that was the end of it.

What prices have been bandied about continuously?

He fields so many questions because he's happy to give an answer.  Wenger was asked about transfers yesterday and refused to answer, that was the end of it.

wengers asked about incomings, everyone knows theres no point asking Pardew about that because he knows as much as we do.

Yep, there's a simple solution to it. :thup: