Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Howaythetoon

He's one of the best midfielder's in the league and one of the best performing player's in the league too. If only we had some fucking ambition because he is the kind of player that can help take you places. Sadly we will lose him either in this window or the next and we'll probably go another decade or so before seeing someone as good as him in our colours.

He is easily the best we've had since Rob Lee and perhaps he is even better than Lee in some ways, eg at passing. Lee was a lovely player, a great player for us, but he played in such a good side under such a good manager in an era where it was far easier to excel. Cabaye is playing in an average side (albeit with talented individuals) under a negative cautious manager and he is the difference for me just like Shearer was when we would finish lower half or mid-table.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

2 good goals today. he took a weird intentional(?) touch for the first to set him up, a bit like for the chance he created vs City last week which was saved by Hart. Although Cabaye has a good right foot his lack of pace/power/dribbling skills means he'll struggle at the number 10 position. However when he runs from deep to meet the ball he's really lethal. No wonder he is the player with most goals from outside the box since the past 2-3 seasons.

This season we are the perfect club for him.

A better side won't let him have so much freedom. But the class of him means he would do a great job as a deeper player. Unlike Fellaini, he has the ability to play a bit deeper and still look good.

Really wish we had a player like him him during SBR's tenure. We would've won something

Pardew screaming again that Cabaye us for sale for the right price. I really really hate the cunt!

:lol: He's really not like.

Like all Premier League clubs, everyone is for sale at some price.

Aye, not at all.

'Screaming' that was he? :idiot2:

Honestly, I just don't get it. There must be some perverse pleasure to people winding themselves into a froth over the snippets we pick out (this one seeing him seemingly answering a question with a standard straight 'no shit Sherlock' answer).

What actual evidence has there been to suggest we have any sort of policy to flog our players at the first hint of a profit? Heck, one could quite easily argue that we have been actually better at keeping the decent ones over the past few seasons than at almost any time over the past few decades.

Pardew screaming again that Cabaye us for sale for the right price. I really really hate the cunt!

Aye, not at all.

Honestly, I just don't get it. There must be some perverse pleasure to people winding themselves into a froth over the snippets we pick out (this one seeing him seemingly answering a question with a standard straight 'no shit Sherlock' answer).

What actual evidence has there been to suggest we have any sort of policy to flog our players at the first hint of a profit? Heck, one could quite easily argue that we have been actually better at keeping the decent ones over the past few seasons than at almost any time over the past few decades.

Oh, so your emphasis was on "screaming", was it?  Not sure if he screamed it - I need to hear a tape recording.

Nobody was talking about Cabaye leaving last summer, then Pardew started prattling on about it in interviews, then it seemed to become an issue.  It wouldn't surprise me if we're waiting for a big sale before we spend any more money, the Carroll money's probably just about ran out now.

Aye, not at all.

trust ashley to screw everything up, can't even pull off being a selling club right

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Has anyone left Newcastle and went onto better things in recent history?

Martins won the League cup on loan at Birmingham, Milner at City winning the League and FA Cup

Cabaye is a great player and he put himself well and truly in the shop window by his performance yesterday.. not that a decent club would need this one game to see what an asset he would be.

We will do well to keep him until the summer and I wouldn't rule out a move in the next 2 weeks.