Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Geordiesned

Will he play vs Blackburn if he appeals?

Appeal decision will be made by then.

You sure? It only says he has till tomorrow to decide whether he wants to appeal...

Not sure on this one. Certainly in Balotelli's case it was made clear that if he HAD appealed then he would have been available for the Carling Cup Semi-Final as the appeal hearing would have been held after the match.

The FA say they try to have all appeals heard and final decisions made before a team's next domestic match (to avoid them appealing just to have a player available for the next match).

Guest neesy111

The FA say they try to have all appeals heard and final decisions made before a team's next domestic match (to avoid them appealing just to have a player available for the next match).

They haven't left much time for this one mind.

Guest Wally_McFool

Will the doddering inconsistent old cunts at the FA charge and ban  Van Persie for elbowing a Villa player yesterday?

Wouldn't surprise me if they ignore it for fear of upsetting Arsene.

What really fucks me off about this is that there have been far worse incidents this season and fuck all gets done about them. I'm of the opinion that Cabaye was being naughty there, which would warrant a ban, but Lescott gets away with much worse.

Why aren't refs pulled over controversial incidents, yes they are only human but so are footballers. Footballers and managers can get punished for their mistakes and they are made an example of. A truly bad ref incident ends up them taking a championship game for a week.

Ex refs are forever defending current refs saying its a difficult job, well relatively so is being a footballer, footballers are on the same pitch as the referee and has to make split second decisions. No doubt in my mind Cabaye made an error in judgement in lashing out but I feel hard done by because Lescott got away with his as did Crouch. IMO Webb did not want to admit missing two major incidents, surely there are people in the FA who disagree and should be able to question his reasoning.

Guest neesy111

All clubs who have players banned by the FA's 'Trial by TV/Media' method should send a DVD of the huge number of similar incidents that haven't been punished by the FA and ask them to explain themselves.

I really would like to see who is on this 'Panel' of theirs.

Guest VaVaVoom

Like its been said....It is shocking how inconsistent the FA are with these things. At least they are consistent in being as inconsistent the the officials they employ.

If we were to appeal...Which i think would be futile, its worth the thought that the club should compile a video with ALL the other incidents which have went unpunished and ask the question of the FA.

As for Cabaye's ban itself i have no problem with it. He has got away with a few nasty incidents already this season and lets be honest he has been shite for a while. Man United game aside.

Needs to use this time to watch a lot of PL games and learn from them. The club should be providing him with this.

So two years in a row we have gone out of the FA cup to lower league opposition, both times offering completely pathetic performances and both times the misery has been compounded by losing a key central midfielder for three games. The magic of the FA cup eh

Play kids and you don't have that problem.

All clubs who have players banned by the FA's 'Trial by TV/Media' method should send a DVD of the huge number of similar incidents that haven't been punished by the FA and ask them to explain themselves.

I really would like to see who is on this 'Panel' of theirs.

I don't know but it appears the likes of Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Ray Stubbs, etc. have a huge amount of input into the FA panels decision making.

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn't realise Lennon gave evidence on Shearer's behalf at the appeal hearing. Can't see El-Arsehole from Brighton doing the same, he was happy enough to absolutely clatter Cabaye from behind before going crying to the referee.

Back then I think most players especially your British players were real men rather than fannies which most players seem to be today. Of Course what Shearer did was despicable but Lennon was man enough to shrug it off as a heat of the moment thing. Lets not forget the 'abuse' Shearer also used to get from defenders, but again he never moaned. Players today are fannies.

Cabaye should have seen red as he did kick-out and was lucky not to make much of a contact. I doubt he set out to kick someone in the head deliberately however, I just think he kicked out in a petualant act of frustration and a player just happened to be close to his foot at that time which makes it look worse.

If the FA are to retrospectively punish these kind of things whenever they occur fine, but I doubt that will happen, and therefore I cannot support their decision to ban Cabaye even though technically he deserves it for kicking out.

Guest neesy111

Stoke Chairman on why Crouch deserved to get let off:

"It is the correct decision," said Coates. "Peter is a good character who plays the game in the right way. People within the game know that."

Unbelievable.

Stoke Chairman on why Crouch deserved to get off:

"It is the correct decision," said Coates. "Peter is a good character who plays the game in the right way. People within the game know that."

Unbelievable.

same thing was said about Lampard after his horrendous tackle vs Wolves (I think) and lets not forget Glen Johnsons 2 footed lunge in Carling Cup

Guest neesy111

Got a horrible feeling this may put the skids on our magnificent Fair Play League title challenge. :(

We're already bottom of that.  Despite having a disciplinary record that isn't as bad as 1/2 the teams in the division.

Got a horrible feeling this may put the skids on our magnificent Fair Play League title challenge. :(

We're already bottom of that.  Despite having a disciplinary record that isn't as bad as 1/2 the teams in the division.

Didn't that happen last year as well?

Guest neesy111

Didn't that happen last year as well?

Aye.

Some of the criteria it's based upon borders on farcical.

Shouldn't have reacted at the end of the day. Was petulant but can't complain too much.  :undecided:

It's the inconsistency of the FA that's the frustrating thing. You can smash someone in the face with your elbow or try to gouge someone's eye and nothing happens. It's a lottery and needs to be addressed.