Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

And as if it needed saying:

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse

Newcastle United have rubbished Twitter rumours suggesting Yohan Cabaye is wanted by #MUFC.

Well done NUFC for turning down that imaginary bid!

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

#nufc turned down two approaches for Yohan Cabaye during the final weeks of the transfer window. One was from #Arsenal

2:14 PM - 1 Sep 12

Fair play if true. Suspicious of the timing of this info though.

The problem is not where hes being played at the moment, he just seems so low on energy, really lacking urgency in his passing, movement and all parts of his game. They pressed us fucking hard all game today and we can't afford lackadaisical efforts. Needs to improve

There was one point during the game where he attempted to win the ball on the edge of the villa's 18, failed, then chased the ball from three players and won it on the halfway.

To think he was the player with the most tackles in the PL last season, need to see this sort of harassing more and see him really forcing the game. Think he suffers from not have Tiote in there as well.

He was inconsistent last season as well. I put it down to him learning a new counties style but it's getting worse.

Still though, if that free kick had gone in...

That's the issue for me, he's not really improving. He's had three 9/10 games for me in our shirt- Villa a, Man Utd h and Stoke h. Too often he's a 5 or 6/10 player, failing to influence a game.