Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He's simply no where good enough as many including myself think he was. 

Tend to agree tbh. He's a good midfielder, capable of very good performances but I've not seen much of this "deep lying playmaker" crap.

Tend to agree tbh. He's a good midfielder, capable of very good performances but I've not seen much of this "deep lying playmaker" crap.

:lol:

You guys are mental.

By his standards, he had a s**** game aye but he's still an important player for us. When deployed in the correct system, he is a massive threat. He's clearly still not up to speed and I guess you could put that down to the management and even Cabaye himself but the fact remains, he is a key component for us in midfield.

:lol:

You guys are mental.

Enlighten us.

Guest neesy111

He can't play that position and when he tries to do it, he makes mistakes and it pulls the whole team deeper IMO.

Who's saying he's a deep lying playmaker? It's blatantly obvious that his best position is playing further up the pitch.

When he scored that goal for France in the Euros everyone was raving about him, including 99% of people on this forum. That was only a couple of weeks ago. He's only had a couple of average games since then.

We need to calm down on this mass u-turn on our team.

When he scored that goal for France in the Euros everyone was raving about him, including 99% of people on this forum. That was only a couple of weeks ago. He's only had a couple of average games since then.

U-turns happen every week on here like.

:clap:

In my defence I was critical of him last season too.

Jeez, this forum! The transfer window certainly made for some massive over-reactions. Now Cabs is turboshite?? What's gan on? Keep calm and carry on. FFS

Who said that?

Nobody specifically, just the negative vibes coming through. Surely you can see it too, or is it just me?

Guest neesy111

Why is he playing the if he's not fit, we should a decent squad to be able to put others in after finishing 5th in the league...

Who said he was a deep lying play maker? that's utter BS i have always said he's a great box to box midfielder with fantastic technique.

He's never a deep plying play maker in a million years, is he capable of doing the job? sure but that isn't his best role.

He's basically how Scholes was when he was young ( not as good obviously) play him further forward with little to no defensively restrictions and he will shine.

Great player just being restricted by the system.

Fair enough, I did say 99%!

Obviously nobody is immune from criticism, but it's getting out of hand at the moment.

Jeez, this forum! The transfer window certainly made for some massive over-reactions. Now Cabs is turboshite?? What's gan on? Keep calm and carry on. FFS

Who said that?

Howay Dave, you read those nonsense posts as well.

Nobody has said he's shite. People have said he's off form (clearly he is) and and are asking if he's really as good as they thought. What the fuck's wrong with that?

Guest neesy111

Who's saying he's a deep lying playmaker? It's blatantly obvious that his best position is playing further up the pitch.

Completely agree, his performances for France in he euros should show that.

True story

Who said that?

Howay Dave, you read those nonsense posts as well.

Nobody has said he's shite. People have said he's off form (clearly he is) and and are asking if he's really as good as they thought. What the fuck's wrong with that?

Mostly the part about questioning how good he is based on 3 games.

Guest neesy111

Fair enough, I did say 99%!

Obviously nobody is immune from criticism, but it's getting out of hand at the moment.

It's not, it's just you being over critical of anything negative at th moment tbh.