Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

There's no doubt in my mind that unless Pardew is sacked, most of our players will want out.

Not sure about that mind - can't imagine Yohan would be encouraging his best mate to come play for us unless he was pretty happy with the current setup.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, you laugh now, but we all know that our good players don't stand by our lack of ambition and shit tactics, not only that, but all of them are good enough to play elsewhere. Specifically Ben Arfa and Cabaye have higher ambition than what we're offering them. I'd imagine that Cisse, Santon and Marveaux are all likely to look elsewhere too. You're laughing like it hasn't happened before.

Guest neesy111

Our key players will want answers at the end of the season from Pardew and the board about the shambles that has happened this season in squad size and transfer policy.

Our key players will want answers at the end of the season from Pardew and the board about the shambles that has happened this season in squad size and transfer policy.

That's true enough like.

Nah, you laugh now, but we all know that our good players don't stand by our lack of ambition and shit tactics, not only that, but all of them are good enough to play elsewhere. Specifically Ben Arfa and Cabaye have higher ambition than what we're offering them. I'd imagine that Cisse, Santon and Marveaux are all likely to look elsewhere too. You're laughing like it hasn't happened before.

I can't recall one player, good or shit, leaving this club and latter saying "Well, I'd have stayed if it wasn't for Alan Pardew".

The bloke has his faults, but fuck me this is ridiculous. Next you'll be saying he was involved in 9/11.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, that's exactly what I'll be saying. Talk about taking what I've said and running with it.

Pardew has many faults, most of which revolve around football. Good footballers want to play for good teams. We are not a good team, primarily because we haven't shown any ambition to progress by bringing in players to improve the team, and because we've been hamstrung by a manager that has, at the very least, tactically lost the plot.

FWIW, of course no one would say anything about Pardew, for all his faults, the players like him, but the bottom line is that we're shit and a lot of fingers, including Ba and Cabaye have pointed to our tactics. Pardew is in charge of tactics. It's not difficult to work that out, tbf.

That's true enough like.

What about their responsibility for playing so badly?

Guest Roger Kint

That's true enough like.

Dont be silly its not their fault :lol:

That's true enough like.

A fair comment. It was obvious as fuck that we went backwards in the summer though. I argued it all the way through if you recall. :rolleyes:

Guest neesy111

That's true enough like.

A fair comment. It was obvious as fuck that we went backwards in the summer though. I argued it all the way through if you recall. :rolleyes:

Got a load of grief about it from a fair few as well...... :hmm:

He'll make a big difference to us in the coming weeks, I assume he'll either be in a 2 man midfield or playing as a loose number 10 as Pards said. I don't think he's at his most effective in either though, put him in Anita's role today, with Vurnon taking Perch's place and we'd see a more balanced midfield.

Guest neesy111

Threw his shirt into the crowd at the end. Went about 10 seats across from me, think I caught a whiff. :megusta:

I remember Sir Les doing that at Birmingham. Just before he left...........

He'll be off in the summer.