Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Some players become overrated when they aren't playing, but I think if anything we underrate Cabaye's importance to us. He has fight as well as quality.

As I said the other day, I'm convinced only he and Tiote have genuine positional awareness. Anita is a good player too, but whenever neither of Tiote and Cabaye are playing we look all over the place in the middle.

Fantastic to have him back, and his performance today is making me feel a bit guilty about slagging Pardew so much. Only a bit though. ;)

Guest bimpy474

There are way too many people on here that don't see how important he is.

I love him, even got his name on my shirt. First time i ever put one on a shirt.

He does the stuff that goes unnoticed.

Aye but he isn't the only one today..... the midfield 3 is sexy as f*ck and compliments each other perfectly it should be a starting midfield going forward no ifs, not buts, no coconuts.....

Shame our front line doesn't have anywhere near the same class as Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux :lol:

Some players become overrated when they aren't playing, but I think if anything we underrate Cabaye's importance to us. He has fight as well as quality.

As I said the other day, I'm convinced only he and Tiote have genuine positional awareness. Anita is a good player too, but whenever neither of Tiote and Cabaye are playing we look all over the place in the middle.

Fantastic to have him back, and his performance today is making me feel a bit guilty about slagging Pardew so much. Only a bit though. ;)

:huff:

Groins & hamstrings. Arguably the two most volatile & difficult-to-manage soft tissue injuries - and our two most influential midfielders' seasons have been hijacked by them.

I hope this knock, as alluded to in Pardzilla's post-match comments, is an unrelated knock.

Did he look injured like? I didn't see it today, a lot of people where complaining about him going off which would seem strange if he was struggling. Like I say I didn't see it but it just stinks of another of pardews ridiculous fucking subs, costing us points again :lol: I've had it with the bastard now so he gets blamed for everything.

Did he look injured like? I didn't see it today, a lot of people where complaining about him going off which would seem strange if he was struggling. Like I say I didn't see it but it just stinks of another of pardews ridiculous f***ing subs, costing us points again :lol: I've had it with the b****** now so he gets blamed for everything.

Looked knackerd but only in a tired sense.

He's not injured man, just Pardew talking bollocks.

Didn't expect him to play the full 90 first game, had no problem with him coming off, the problem was the Marveaux substitution.

Then Anita. :lol:

Desperate for a goal and our central midfield was Perch and Bigirimana.

Cabaye-Anita-Marveaux worked excellently today, the main positive to come from the match. Obviously Pardew found that unacceptable and fixed it.

What worked best was the fact we passed the ball on the ground and people moved into space to receive passes. This may have been slightly easier due to Reading not closing down as much as other teams we have faced. However the rudimentary skills needed to play football were on show today and we looked far better when we showed we had and could use them.

Verdict: no more long ball please.

Cabaye-Anita-Marveaux worked excellently today, the main positive to come from the match. Obviously Pardew found that unacceptable and fixed it.

The balance of it was fantastic. We've found it tough to break teams down this year, so it was fairly impressive that we got through a very defensive Reading a few times, that's the highest amount of clear cut chances we've created for a long time. One of the few positives I've taken from today, and something that gives me a shred of hope.