Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It sounds like his agent is actively looking for another club for him.

One with a manager that plays football probably. Not that surprising if it's true. It's like buying a rolls royce then using it for a taxi.

I don't blame any player for wanting to jump ship, but I don't get why they say these things to journalists. I find it hard to believe a manager of a top club would read it and think "oh maybe we should bid for him". I'm sure there are subtler ways of getting the message out, although he doesn't really need to tell anyone he would be interested in Man U.

Players gets asked questions during interviews, what do you expect them to say?

Interviewer:"Do you think it would great to play for a club like Manchester United?"

Player: "No it would be horrible."

I expect them to not walk into such an obvious trap, they don't have to answer any question they are asked. The journalist may aswell say "we want to write a story linking you with Man Utd, you up for it?"

I don't blame any player for wanting to jump ship, but I don't get why they say these things to journalists. I find it hard to believe a manager of a top club would read it and think "oh maybe we should bid for him". I'm sure there are subtler ways of getting the message out, although he doesn't really need to tell anyone he would be interested in Man U.

Players gets asked questions during interviews, what do you expect them to say?

Interviewer:"Do you think it would great to play for a club like Manchester United?"

Player: "No it would be horrible."

I expect them to not walk into such an obvious trap, they don't have to answer any question they are asked. The journalist may aswell say "we want to write a story linking you with Man Utd, you up for it?"

He didnt walk into a trap, he is just being courteous. If you agree to an interview and then refuse to answer questions then it make you look a bit silly.

It's like Andy Murray has said this week when he was accused of being boring, he gives boring answers because he knows that if he just speaks his mind the media will be all over it. Tennis players are obligated to give interviews, I don't think I would bother if I was a footballer.

He should stick it out with us.

I can't see Man United or anyone else paying what we'd want for him on the back of his performances last season.

And in Sissokho he could well have as good a midfield partner as he could hope for anywhere.

He should stick it out with us.

I can't see Man United or anyone else paying what we'd want for him on the back of his performances last season.

And in Sissokho he could well have as good a midfield partner as he could hope for anywhere.

Agreed. Hopefully all the players won't see last season as a permanent example of how good we are.

Depends how they really feel about Pardew as well I suppose, everyone is just guessing about that. They may be smart enough to know that he's likely to be sacked soon anyway.

If a club like Man U or Spurs are interested obviously a player like Cabaye would be tempted as they are football playing teams. But these rumours are probably based on nothing, more than likely he'll still be a Newcastle player next season initially anyway.

Man United don't have a midfield apart from Carrick, man. The White Djemba-Djemba is more or less first choice. Of course he could play for them, far worse players have played key roles for Man United sides over the years.

Gonna be mint when we flog him to somebody, everybody decides he wasn't that good anyway (despite moving to much bigger/wealthier club) and we inevitably fail to replace him, have an even smaller and less talented squad next season and we're still stuck with the cockend of a manager. What an exciting future for the club.

Man United don't have a midfield apart from Carrick, man. The White Djemba-Djemba is more or less first choice. Of course he could play for them, far worse players have played key roles for Man United sides over the years.

Gonna be mint when we flog him to somebody, everybody decides he wasn't that good anyway (despite moving to much bigger/wealthier club) and we inevitably fail to replace him, have an even smaller and less talented squad next season and we're still stuck with the cockend of a manager. What an exciting future for the club.

This is the future under Pardew. The club had the chance to rightly or wrongly pin last seasons massive fuck on him by sacking him and replacing him with someone better. Instead they stuck by him and now we will see our best players leave and replaced on the cheap. Whether those replacements are as good as those leaving is pot luck, probably not but you never know, everyone cried when Barton & Nolan left and were replaced by Cabaye so you just don't know, but one thing is for sure, someone will come in and under Pardew by the time he's ready to leave he'll be a worse off player unless he's really average which is Pardew's level and where he works best (see Perch)

I don't think he's good enough for Man Utd anyway.

This.

He is. 

Writing was on the wall after we didn't reinforce last summer.  It killed our season.

:thup:

Carrick has had one good season at Manu, and funnily enough its come when he has absolutely no competition for his place. Some players need competition, some need a break and be allowed to play. If its one or the other, Cabaye would take Carricks place off him and he'd shrink back to the average player he's been for most of his manu career.