Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I don't think he's good enough for Man Utd anyway.

This.

Whether Cabaye is good enough for man utd or not is beside the point.

If they want him, they can get him, history has shown many players had signed for Man Utd that were simply not good enough.

Carrick has had one good season at Manu, and funnily enough its come when he has absolutely no competition for his place. Some players need competition, some need a break and be allowed to play. If its one or the other, Cabaye would take Carricks place off him and he'd shrink back to the average player he's been for most of his manu career.

Dude, you haven't been watching if that's your sincere opinion. Carrick's been fucking brilliant for Man U.

Man United don't have a midfield apart from Carrick, man. The White Djemba-Djemba is more or less first choice. Of course he could play for them, far worse players have played key roles for Man United sides over the years.

Gonna be mint when we flog him to somebody, everybody decides he wasn't that good anyway (despite moving to much bigger/wealthier club) and we inevitably fail to replace him, have an even smaller and less talented squad next season and we're still stuck with the cockend of a manager. What an exciting future for the club.

:thup: Saved me a few keystrokes, there.

Guest neesy111

This.

He is. 

Writing was on the wall after we didn't reinforce last summer.  It killed our season.

Last season says he doesn't.  Cabaye can't hide behind Pardew for some absolute shockers at the backend of the season.

This.

He is. 

Writing was on the wall after we didn't reinforce last summer.  It killed our season.

Last season says he doesn't.  Cabaye can't hide behind Pardew for some absolute shockers at the backend of the season.

His form was great when he came back into the side. Pulled us up by our bootstraps. Then the Pardew Effect took hold.

I don't know why we need to keep pretending that Pardew's to blame for every player's poor form. We all know the man should be forced out. Cabaye, as talented as he is, has gone missing plenty of times since he signed because he simply couldn't assert himself in the game, not just because our tactics didn't suit him.

If there's anything at all of our doing that does defintely negate his ability during games, it's having to compensate for Tiote's inability to receieve and give the ball. Those desperate for Cabaye to stay should perhaps think twice the next time they post their guff about Tiote being quality when 'just keeping it simple'.

I don't know why we need to keep pretending that Pardew's to blame for every player's poor form. We all know the man should be forced out. Cabaye, as talented as he is, has gone missing plenty of times since he signed because he simply couldn't assert himself in the game, not just because our tactics didn't suit him.

If there's anything at all of our doing that does defintely negate his ability during games, it's having to compensate for Tiote's inability to receieve and give the ball. Those desperate for Cabaye to stay should perhaps think twice the next time they post their guff about Tiote being quality when 'just keeping it simple'.

Because either every outfield player coincidentally had poor form last season or no outfield player can operate effectively in that shamble of a regime. Occam's razor suggests the latter. I'd be reluctant to lay into any player too heavily for their poor form because it can't be discerned whether they've been unprofessional/uncommitted/thick or because of Pardew.

FWIW, it won't matter much whether Cabaye goes or not IMO.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Because either every outfield player coincidentally had poor form last season or no outfield player can operate effectively in that shamble of a regime. Occam's razor suggests the latter. I'd be reluctant to lay into any player too heavily for their poor form because it can't be discerned whether they've been unprofessional/uncommitted/thick or because of Pardew.

Many of these players might had over achieved you know during 11/12. Its happened countless times in football and will happen again.

I agree, it's difficult to judge a player while we play football like this. I do have a suspicion that Cabaye might be too small for the premier league and that's why he ends up mistiming so many challenges, but he's clearly got ability on the ball and you just get the feeling if you put him in a Spurs or Liverpool shirt he'd look a million dollars.

Many of these players might had over achieved you know during 11/12. Its happened countless times in football and will happen again.

Many of them didn't. Some, perhaps. Fact is we have a core group of very good players. A group of players who've all suddenly turned bad? No chance. Beren is spot on.

Many of them didn't. Some, perhaps. Fact is we have a core group of very good players. A group of players who've all suddenly turned bad? No chance. Beren is spot on.

See, nobody's saying this. Happens too much on here, people use a extreme, way off the mark view to support something tenuously related at best.

He's not been in the right headspace all season for one reason or another. I thought signing his bum-buddy would've postively impacted his performances and general demeanour but it's not made a blind bit of difference.

There's been a falling out somewhere in my John Humble.

He's not been in the right headspace all season for one reason or another. I thought signing his bum-buddy would've postively impacted his performances and general demeanour but it's not made a blind bit of difference.

Agree there is something not right there.  Last season he seemed so happy in games whereas this season, he has played with a scowl right from the start.  I would love to know the reasons why because he was very enthusiastic about NUFC last year. 

I thought it was strange that he was was seemingly disappointed with not getting the Spurs move because in his first season we were right up there with them until the end and they just got the Europa Cup like us.  Injuries, depression, the team's poor form have obviously contributed this season but I wonder if there has been a realisation that whatever vision he was sold is not the reality nor is it likely to be.

However, from reading his website and the comments from his friends which he must have approved, I have always thought we were a means to gain a move to a bigger club and he does seem ambitious which NUFC are certainly not.

Agree there is something not right there.  Last season he seemed so happy in games whereas this season, he has played with a scowl right from the start.  I would love to know the reasons why because he was very enthusiastic about NUFC last year. 

I thought it was strange that he was was seemingly disappointed with not getting the Spurs move because in his first season we were right up there with them until the end and they just got the Europa Cup like us.  Injuries, depression, the team's poor form have obviously contributed this season but I wonder if there has been a realisation that whatever vision he was sold is not the reality nor is it likely to be.

However, from reading his website and the comments from his friends which he must have approved, I have always thought we were a means to gain a move to a bigger club and he does seem ambitious which NUFC are certainly not.

I honestly reckon he was hoping to move that summer after we got 5th. Never happened and he's not been the same since.

I like Cabaye but if he want's to go then sell him at a decent price.

:thup:

Well he has built up a reputation already,  that fact that he can have an entire s**** season and still have rumours linking him to man utd etc tells you he doesnt need to try.

Like previous poster said, we are most likely a stepping stone for his career in his mind.  I think most of us never thought he choose to join us because me might have ideas of spending the rest of his career at nufc. 

Well he has built up a reputation already,  that fact that he can have an entire s**** season and still have rumours linking him to man utd etc tells you he doesnt need to try.

Like previous poster said, we are most likely a stepping stone for his career in his mind.  I think most of us never thought he choose to join us because me might have ideas of spending the rest of his career at nufc.

Not in his mind, we just are. We always were. As we are for Ba, Yanga, Sissoko, Debuchy and maybe a couple of others. This is what we are. We cant compete, if we buy youngsters then they'll come here knowing they can go on to bigger and better if they perform.

Players will come and go, no point in getting upset about it. They'll be replaced by others.