Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wouldn't sign another CM if he left tbh. Let Sissoko drop deeper and hopefully see more of Anita/Bigi/Marveaux. Put the money towards a winger, if we sell him.

Incidentally, I fail to see what he's going to solve down at Arsenal.

Me neither, i'd buy an AM and a winger with the money if he we sold. Not that we would spend the money before January mind...

If we're serious about not selling him then he starts tonight.  If mike and joe want the cash then he'll be withdrawn for some bullshit reason and they'll sit and watch bidding war/price rise take place.   

Hopefully our manager and his great man-management skills have sussed out where Kebab's head is at.  From the quotes I've read he says he's focussed on le toon but cant say he's put in any commanding performances in pre-season.  If it's elsewhere would we not be better adjusting to life without him and play his 'replacement' tonight.  Don't want another Ba situation where we cater to one player and they feck off leaving the tactical genius up the creek again.

He'll play tonight. Cabaye is the difference between a 4-1 humping and a respectful 4-1.

This cheapo bid shows that Arsenal have a scattergun approach and that nothing is imminent. Just seeing what they can get away with.

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal are just doing what we do.

Fantastic, means they wont sign him then  :frantic:

are we following the arsenal model of not buying or are they following our model of not buying?

I think it's the "take the piss" model.

Between now and the end of the transfer window Cabaye will probably go but will be for a lot more than £10m.

Tiote        Sissoko

HBA  Marveaux      Remy

Cisse

The above would be still decent its just when there are injuries to those front three we are really screwed. Gouffran still has a lot to prove and after him its the bloody Ameobi's. We desperately need a player like Thauvin in to give us that extra spark and to make runs forward reliving pressure. JK has failed in his job for not bringing that type of player in.