Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Or, now that we know he's staying (at least until January), we can play him. This should give us a better chance of winning games, which is quite important.

It didn't last year.

He pretty much kept us in the league last year man :lol:

Or, now that we know he's staying (at least until January), we can play him. This should give us a better chance of winning games, which is quite important.

It didn't last year.

We nearly got relegated, which was my point.

'Indu Times is also correct.

Guest neesy111

Well, you are both very wrong. We are a far better team with Cabaye in it than without him, had his injury stretched to May we would have gone down.

Impossible to judge as that coincided with the new arrivals.

Well, you are both very wrong. We are a far better team with Cabaye in it than without him, had his injury stretched to May we would have gone down.

The whole fucking argument is impossible to judge man :laugh:

Honestly think we should try a Juventus style 4-3-1-2 with Sissoko and Anita either side of Cabaye in Pirlo role, with ben arfa remy and cisse up top. We lack the wide players for trying to play down the flanks too much and that plays the strengths of all our players, but it's a bit experimental in the premier league right now.

basically the 4-4-3 many advocate. cisse predominantly through the middle with ben arfa and cisse having the freedom to move round him and drift.

Not really.

Guest neesy111

The whole fucking argument is impossible to judge man :laugh:

:okay:

Keep him on the bench for 3 games. See how he likes it.

That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

We hardly had offers flying in from the worlds biggest and best! One piss take offer from Arsenal and look how that turned out - £42.4M on Ozil.

Two sides to all stories and we will never know the truth.  Point is there (as has been proved) was no reason what so ever for him not to play.

If it was his doing, he should suffer.  The clubs, well who knows - nothing we can do. If this is the case, I take me comment back.

It didn't last year.

Disagree massively. He scored a few important goals, but for the most part he went missing as much as the rest of them. Technically, Cisse and a combination of the other s*** teams below us kept us in the league.

Nah.. a striker that starts 36 games and scores 8 league goals hasn't kept you up. Cabaye actually had a better goals to games ratio than Cisse in the league. Cabaye's initial renaissance after injury along, that 6 points we got when the new lads came in (coincides with Cabaye's return) & Ba's goals kept us up.

Keep him on the bench for 3 games. See how he likes it.

That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

We hardly had offers flying in from the worlds biggest and best! One p*ss take offer from Arsenal and look how that turned out - £42.4M on Ozil.

Two sides to all stories and we will never know the truth.  Point is there (as has been proved) was no reason what so ever for him not to play.

If it was his doing, he should suffer.  The clubs, well who knows - nothing we can do. If this is the case, I take me comment back.

No, nor' are we one of the biggest and best sides. As TCD has stated above he is still one of our best players.

We will nearly always be in the dark as to what really goes on behind the scenes. I agree if he refused to play then he should be punished. This could be done by way of a fine, which would come with the added benefit of not harming the team on the pitch.

You could easily draw inferences about his behaviour from the way the club 'disciplined' him.

Play him in a midfield 3 with Anita and Sissoko against Villa.

:nods: By far the most balanced team we can put out, it makes so much sense that I'll be massively disappointed if we don't line up with those three in midfield and Hatem, Remy and Cisse up front.

Play him in a midfield 3 with Anita and Sissoko against Villa.

:nods: By far the most balanced team we can put out, it makes so much sense that I'll be massively disappointed if we don't line up with those three in midfield and Hatem, Remy and Cisse up front.

:nods: It seems so obvious that this should be the team, but it's just as likely we'll start a 4-4-2 with Tioté and Jonas back.

Guest palnese

Cabaye will play better when he's not next to Tiote.  The 2 are about is incompatible as you get in CM.

Even though they were both brilliant in a two man midfield a few seasons back?