Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

So that's two out of two when selling to a team with almost infinite money that we're not getting anywhere near the value of our player. Can people stop with the "we don't sell our best players unless it's for stupid money" now, please?

I'd like to know since when is £20m (ish) not considered "stupid money". Football truly has lost the plot and the sooner it collapses in on itself the sooner it can be fixed.

@Scottwilsonecho

AP: "I’d be foolish if I didn’t have a plan to deal with him going. We have. But until a deal is agreed, we can’t put a bid of our own in."

If only we had some other money we could venture.

Definitely not trying to flog him :lol:

The Cabaye pursuit only came about because PSG have had some injuries. I have major doubts he's an important part of the PSG puzzle.

They'll get their money back from Man U/Arsenal in the summer/12 months time.

His next move will be for £10m ish. I don't want this to be construed as the board doing a good job. They should have got more, but Im not sure how much more they feasibly could have got.

So that's two out of two when selling to a team with almost infinite money that we're not getting anywhere near the value of our player. Can people stop with the "we don't sell our best players unless it's for stupid money" now, please?

Ba too, everyone knows about the clause but nobody forced us to put such a ridiculously small minimum release clause in there.

Guest bimpy474

Alan Pardew (October, 2013): "If we had lost Yohan, we would have used some of that money to not only replace him but also to go for a striker."

Some will still say he didn't know what was going on. The blokes as much a cunt as Ashley and JFK.

I'd like to know since when is £20m (ish) not considered "stupid money". Football truly has lost the plot and the sooner it collapses in on itself the sooner it can be fixed.

Because when you look at the transfer fees being spent by the likes of PSG, City and Monaco, we should have been looking for far more. Again, £40m for Pastore, £28m for Fellaini, £38m for Mata. I know Mata is fucking class, but Cabaye is worth more than just half a Mata, for example.

This stinks of Ashley wanting to cash in, especially when you couple it with Pardew's constant attempts to flog him.

Ba too, everyone knows about the clause but nobody forced us to put such a ridiculously small minimum release clause in there.

could have been that or he goes elsewhere who will meet his demands

Alan Pardew (October, 2013): "If we had lost Yohan, we would have used some of that money to not only replace him but also to go for a striker."

Some will still say he didn't know what was going on. The blokes as much a cunt as Ashley and JFK.

Of course he is. He's absolutely complicit in every aspect of the shit that's going on.

could have been that or he goes elsewhere who will meet his demands

Still an example of us not getting decent money from cash rich clubs, which is the comment I was responding to.

Douglas hinting about Capoue.

Why would Tottenham sell him, is there another Capoue i'm unaware of ?

recall something about them trying to sell him earlier this window but could have mixed that up with someone else

It's been all over the press that they want to get rid.

recall something about them trying to sell him earlier this window but could have mixed that up with someone else

indeed they are trying to flog him according to his agent

The player’s representative, Martha Fischer, said: “The problem is not the player or Napoli – Tottenham just want a lot of money. What they’re asking for is absurd. But we are only on January 21, and there is still hope.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-etienne-capoue-3047338#ixzz2reCB70lW

Guest bimpy474

It's not that. Just looked at Douglas's tweets and he mentions Capoue but in regard to us wanting him, and Matuidi the season because Pardew wanted to go two pure DM's behind a creative three and striker.

I think Douglas is hinting at a DM rather than a Cabaye type. Thing with that is we have no creativity without a Cabaye.

It's not that. Just looked at Douglas's tweets and he mentions Capoue but in regard to us want him, and Matuidi the season because Pardew wanted to go two pure DM's behind a creative three and striker.

I think Douglas is hinting at a DM rather than a Cabaye type. Thing with that is we have no creativity without a Cabaye.

Pardew has no say, if (and thats a huge if) we go for anyone it will be on the basis of price tag not whether he's needed or not