Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Great timing just before the derby and before the window slam shuts!

I can't wait to see who we will make a fake bid for.

What did that joke say again no one will leave this window, there actually laughing at us and the state of them fat cunts.

Sick of this club being run to the ground but big Joe and fat ash will stroll in to st James not a bother on them

Anita        Tiote/Sissoko

Ben Arfa      Marveaux        Remy/Gouffran

Gouffran/Remy

Don't see how anyone can disagree with that, it's so painfully obvious that it's how we should play.

Absolutely.. I think this is also how we will play if we manage to sign Grenier (instead of Marveaux). Likely Sissoko instead of Barfa too  :tickedoff:

Lets think positive

Anita        Tiote/Sissoko

Ben Arfa        Grenier            Cabella

Remy/De Jong

Guest Bert Shaft

I'm happy with this potential price.

You shouldn't be if you have any ambitions for the club. Selling our best players is why we've won fuck all for so long.

Pointless talking about incomings, this was their intention all along.  Make on the verge rumours circulate to try and soften the blow. Then have Pardew the spin doctor give a sob story of how we ran out of time.  Fucking stinks! The only way he is going is if he sells through boredom or we starve the club of income, but that would require a united front.

What did that joke say again no one will leave this window, there actually laughing at us and the state of them fat c***s.

Sick of this club being run to the ground but big Joe and fat ash will stroll in to st James not a bother on them

I can understand the frustration, it is always disappointing to lose popular and instrumental players. I can't however understand how people didn't see this coming.

The Mackem game wasn't put here by the club, its sods law. The possibility of someone getting sold in the build up to the game was always a possibility from when the fixture list was released. Also what the hell does it matter whether we say no-one leaves, we don't dictate when another club bids for our players and the club have stated constantly that every player has his price.

If anything PSG and the club have done the right thing by getting this done with days left in the window, rather than on Friday, which would have been easy. We also have been backed into a bit of a corner by being offered over 3 times his value come the end of the season when he can buy out his contract.

This is the nature of the transfer window. Yes its reasonable to be upset, but lets be rationale rather than laying the hate on the board. No one is expected to leave the club doesn't mean no-one will leave the club. It means no-one is forcing a move and we don't want anyone to leave. Some deals make sense for the better of the club. This is one of them.

Yes then there is the can of worms about reinvesting this money or not.. and while Carroll has not been replaced like for like the money has brought us some really influential players.

What did that joke say again no one will leave this window, there actually laughing at us and the state of them fat c***s.

If anything PSG and the club have done the right thing by getting this done with days left in the window, rather than on Friday, which would have been easy. We also have been backed into a bit of a corner by being offered over 3 times his value come the end of the season when he can buy out his contract.

Oh for fucks sake, that is simply not true.

I'm happy with this potential price.

You shouldn't be if you have any ambitions for the club. Selling our best players is why we've won f*** all for so long.

I'd wager there is a touch more to it than that. Lets imagine you wrote "Selling our best players and not reinvesting all the money into new players, higher shit coaches/staff, boardroom abominations and gutless players is why we've won fuck all for so long." Then we would be approaching the same page.

I remember when we sold Carroll, and let Barton, Nolan, and Enrique go. The club invested it in players but everyone though these players would only just prop us up and keep us in a relegation battle. We went on to finish 5th. Cabaye wanted to go, fair enough we could maybe have tried to hold on to him in the summer and considering the amount of money PSG have we could also have got more. The thing is though every players has his price, and when a club who can offer him vast wages and guaranteed CL football comes along and it's well known he wants to leave there is very little we can do.

We can't panic, the club has shown before that they actually do get players in, this January we have been linked with some pretty good players and there is maybe an element of truth in them.

Oh for f***s sake, that is simply not true.

Fair play, I am behind the game on this.. I stand corrected. In which case i think we could have possibly held out for more, especially if Manure were really interested.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/charles-russell-sports-law-blog/2014/jan/20/rooney-cabaye-buy-out-contracts-premeier-league

But regarding the timing of the bid PSG weren't going to come in any sooner and wouldn't want to leave it to the last day of the window and neither would we, in theory. Granted there is the consensus that we would prefer that so we don't have a chance of spending money on a replacement.

We need to do something about our inability to play well without him in the line up, Pardew needs to have a serious rethink here, because in all likelihood we have 6 months or so to go without his direct replacement being signed. What can he do with what he has ? Does Benny get the call, I doubt it, it's gonna be Shola back in the starting 1, I'm afraid with Anita and Tiote holding down the midfield. At least this frees up some wages for 4 more years of Shola !! :(

However inevitable this transfer may be in some people's eyes, it's still depressing. Especially with the perennially penniless Everton sitting there above us and not taking what must be their best chance to cash in big on Baines, who's older than Cabaye into the bargain.

However inevitable this transfer may be in some people's eyes, it's still depressing. Especially with the perennially penniless Everton sitting there above us and not taking what must be their best chance to cash in big on Baines, who's older than Cabaye into the bargain.

Fellaini leaving in the summer might help them out in that respect.

I can understand the frustration, it is always disappointing to lose popular and instrumental players. I can't however understand how people didn't see this coming.

The Mackem game wasn't put here by the club, its sods law. The possibility of someone getting sold in the build up to the game was always a possibility from when the fixture list was released. Also what the hell does it matter whether we say no-one leaves, we don't dictate when another club bids for our players and the club have stated constantly that every player has his price.

This is the nature of the transfer window. Yes its reasonable to be upset, but lets be rationale rather than laying the hate on the board. No one is expected to leave the club doesn't mean no-one will leave the club. It means no-one is forcing a move and we don't want anyone to leave. Some deals make sense for the better of the club. This is one of them.

Yes then there is the can of worms about reinvesting this money or not.. and while Carroll has not been replaced like for like the money has brought us some really influential players.

Hello Alan...!

Given his contract status and his unhappiness, it is kinda stupid money.

Inevitable sales, just hope we can get someone in within 4 days

He's got two and half years left on his contract man :lol:

The ball is/was firmly in our court, if we don't play him he doesn't go to the world cup so he would have had no choice but to keep up the same level that he has shown this season.

He has been such a f***ing important player for us since arriving, that's what pisses me off the most about how obvious it has been that Ashley just wants to cash in.

You are overestimating cabayes value then.He is our f***ing important player and seems to worth that much because we set up the whole team around him. We could also do the same to hatem and he can play like a 40m player too. It is just like Carroll under Hughton.

Cabaye, as a 28 yrs old player with 2 yrs remaining, worth 15m max to me. You may disagree though

So you would never have signed Van Persie for Man U...? A certain Alex Ferguson thinks differently.

I'm really not bothered because we're in no danger of challenging for anything either way. 

Until Ashley leaves as long as there's eleven players in black and white I can half-heartedly cheer for on match day I'll content myself with that.

We are a small time, unambitious wank of a club that has won fuck all since 1969. Anybody who thinks selling our best player is a good idea needs rogering by the thousands of mackems who are pissing themselves laughing.

Stick the toys back in the pram and stop worrying so much about what some toothless inbreds think.