Yohan Cabaye

Guest reefatoon

Think the return to form of Tiote has helped him a lot.

This is true.  They have both hit a bit of a purple patch at the same time, which is great for us.

I'll be amazed if he is still here next season.

Not that I see much clamour for him. Who in this league would want him?

No one for £20m. Only a CL club could pay anywhere close, and I don't think any of the top 4 will want or need him.

Tiote and Cabaye are an excellent midfield partnership.

It's quite weird, I still feel a bit nervous about the protection they provide to the defence playing as a 2, even though we haven't let that many goals in. Just wonder if they can really cover the ground. But I guess they're doing a decent job at the moment. Ignore me, basically.

I can see Chelsea and Liverpool as two teams that would be after him.

Liverpool...possibly. Chelsea, I doubt it. I just get the impression Mourinho likes more physically imposing players through the middle.

Tiote and Cabaye are an excellent midfield partnership.

It's quite weird, I still feel a bit nervous about the protection they provide to the defence playing as a 2, even though we haven't let that many goals in. Just wonder if they can really cover the ground. But I guess they're doing a decent job at the moment. Ignore me, basically.

Eh? They've always offered good protection to the defence. It was them who played during our solid run at the back when we finished 5th early in the season. The problem is that they are often out numbered and spend too much time defending. At which point Cabaye gets huffy and Tiote starts to think he's Yaya.

Nah, they're not an excellent midfield partnership at all. Excellent midfield partnerships control games, and we just don't, like almost literally ever.

This is true. But this is down to Pardew more than anything else. At our best with him, we've either been a steady team defensively with "moments of magic" or a good counter attacking unit... also steady defensively. Possession, controlling games... nah I don't think Pardew can do that.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't really believe that the idea of them being a great partnership has been met with a dignified answer, even if it is to totally disagree with it.

Guest hatem garrincha

Man of the match for France tonight (with Sakho) in his best position for me, just in front of the defense in a middle 3.