Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Lets not forget it was Stoke's medical he failed, which probably involved counting how many brick walls he could run through, and how high he could jump to head one of Delap's throw ins.

I was thinking that actually, although he failed another one in Germany as well.

Medicals aren't about showing that he can run or jump. :lol:

There are only tests made and if he has a 'bad knee' than some teams won't take the risk while others will take it.

I didn't say they were.

???

His appearance record looks consistent so any idea when he suffered the knee injury?

don't think it's been an ongoing issue, more something picked up in a medical. i think he was going to stuttgart when it was first picked up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lets not forget it was Stoke's medical he failed, which probably involved counting how many brick walls he could run through, and how high he could jump to head one of Delap's throw ins.

I was thinking that actually, although he failed another one in Germany as well.

There are only tests made and if he has a 'bad knee' than some teams won't take the risk while others will take it.

Think the comments have went over your head, mate.  :lol:

I'm very happy with this signing. Would like another 1st choice striker, preferably a smaller, faster type... then I'd be about content with our striking options. Though we need to offload shittenkrands obviously.

I didn't say they were.

???

Not you. :lol:

Was more joking like anyway.

Always wonder why players turn up at the training ground during the summer. Is that where the manager is permanently based?

If I was Pards I'd want a penthouse office at SJP.

The manager's office is at the training ground. Don't know if there isn't one at SJP, though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Do they have the medical at the training ground?

Aye, that's where the medical/gym suit is.

Manager does have an office at SJP If I remember last time I went on a ground tour (Bobby era). However, most daily business occurs at the training ground, so best place for it.

Plus it's less hectic.

Although four lane ends roundabout is a bit of a cunt.  And dont get me started on the double one at South Gosforth.

Enough to put anyone off.

Manager does have an office at SJP If I remember last time I went on a ground tour (Bobby era). However, most daily business occurs at the training ground, so best place for it.

Plus it's less hectic.

Although four lane ends roundabout is a bit of a c***.  And dont get me started on the double one at South Gosforth.

I failed my first driving test pn four lanes round about.

Plus it's less hectic.

Although four lane ends roundabout is a bit of a c***.  And dont get me started on the double one at South Gosforth.

I failed my first driving test pn four lanes round about.

Me too! Right cunt it was. Dominate it now though.

anyone want to hear my Ba medical story....if not just pass onto the next post.

picture the scene, RVI, christmas eve 1998. pregnant with our first child my wife had a threatened miscarriage. not knowing for a week if child (10weeks) is still there and we get an appointment for a scan at the RVI. all turns out well and I make a bit small talk with the consultant "must be noisy in here when the match is on" type stuff as we could see the ground from his window. turns out he's a fan and i mention it would be good to get inrahim ba in as he was due a medical. "he's not coming, he was in here last night and failed his medical".......bloody hell, insider knowledge. my wife had already said she was going straight to bed and sleep and had told to go out and celebrate with the lads, i couldn't wait, armed with my info.

"is it ok if i mention that about ba, is it top secret ?"

"not really, i got it off the back page of the journal this morning"

:doh:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Could this be confirmed today? Going away for the weekend 2moro.

fixtures due out tomorrow ye knaa.

D-Day for Dave.

Could this be confirmed today? Going away for the weekend 2moro.

fixtures due out tomorrow ye knaa.

D-Day for Dave.

he's took the day off and has four pc's on the go for it i understand.