Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

This could be a blessing in disguise really for the good of the team.

Cant wait to get rid of the player scoring 80% of our goals myself either.

Are you suggesting Ba is some sort of Darren Bent, a tap in striker that relies on an entire squad having to be built around him, usurping goals from the entire team?

If so Im not having it. Its total bollocks. If anything Ba is rather a poor mans Zlatan, a total striker able to furfill a host of different roles depending on whats required of him.

Can hold up the ball, shoot, tap in, hold up defenders and more.

I hope for our sake our team will start to perform better and by all means if it was Ba causing us to play s**** and just hoof it to him - happy days.

I doubt it though, he has become a scapegoat for those unable to cope with him leaving us without flinging mud.

Ba cannot hold up the ball man, no more than Darren bent.  But unlike lazy Bent ,  Ba works hard and run about for the team.

He's nothing like zlatan apart from being tall and being a striker, nowhere near as lazy as him either.  Completely different skill sets they have.

This could be a blessing in disguise really for the good of the team.

Cant wait to get rid of the player scoring 80% of our goals myself either.

Are you suggesting Ba is some sort of Darren Bent, a tap in striker that relies on an entire squad having to be built around him, usurping goals from the entire team?

If so Im not having it. Its total bollocks. If anything Ba is rather a poor mans Zlatan, a total striker able to furfill a host of different roles depending on whats required of him.

Can hold up the ball, shoot, tap in, hold up defenders and more.

I hope for our sake our team will start to perform better and by all means if it was Ba causing us to play s**** and just hoof it to him - happy days.

I doubt it though, he has become a scapegoat for those unable to cope with him leaving us without flinging mud.

Not scapegoating him at all. He's an excellent striker that would excel in a number of systems. However, our inept manager's lack of understanding with regards to handling Cissé AND Ba has caused us to play to Ba's strengths. This has meant we are relying on his goalscoring to an absolutely mental degree. His importance for our team isn't reflected through the percentage of goals he's scored this season. He's a great player, but those statistics does not reflect his importance. He's revelled in s*** football this season. He'd probably revel in good football too. That, however, seems unlikely as long as his demands stand and Pardew is uncapable of finding a functional formula.

As for comparing him to Zlatan, one of the most technically gifted players on the planet who combines that with superb physique and one of the most powerful finishing abilites in the world, I'm not so sure about that.

Yeah i know  :lol:

Just saying that's were my knowledge of those players is limited to, so basically nothing.

I hear good things but i have not seen enough to provide a decent opinion.

just looked at some "Experts" opinions on this Aubameyang guy.

Here's what I got from them

- Great speed, very quick

- Decent at performing a few tricks

- s*** passer, too greedy, doesn't link up with his team mates well

That's a load of bollocks, has played very well this season and links up well with Hamouma and Gradel in the front three for Saint-Etienne.

Don't know if its just people trying to make themselves feel better, but I dont understand how anyone can think losing Ba is in any way a positive.

The guy scores the majority of our goals, and contributes heavily to our insanely limited attacking moves. Now we basically need to rely on Cisse, which doesn't exactly look like a great idea given his form.

Don't know if its just people trying to make themselves feel better, but I dont understand how anyone can think losing Ba is in any way a positive.

The guy scores the majority of our goals, and contributes heavily to our insanely limited attacking moves. Now we basically need to rely on Cisse, which doesn't exactly look like a great idea given his form.

many people have been saying for a long time that they can't play together unless it's with ba out wide. personally it's a very close thing for whom i'd rather play through the centre (i'd edge slightly to cisse mind). ba may well be in form, may even be a better footballer but cisse is, for me, more fitting to the way we ought to be playing and to get the best from us and i've been saying it for a while.

Fuck me, I'm not going through nigh on 50 pages to work out what's gone on the night but here's what I think.

1) Meh. Hate losing him but we tried to tie him down and I've ha enough warning for over a year to not be particularly pissed at anyone in this. Even Ba.

2) In fact the only ones to blame are the supporters.

3) Primerily the ones who never joined in this song -

We can't stop him going and it' been a long time coming. For the people saying he's the total striker who can play in a number of positions it's been proven this season that although he can play other positions, he doesn't want to. I'm no way going to blame him completely for the awful football we've played for the majority of this season but the team has been built around him and created to get him scoring which he has obliged.

The negative to this is that we've been playing horrible football with no creativity and a rigid formation. When Pardew tried to change things against Everton, Ba was on the bench for 45 mins and kicked up a fuss and his agents making threats to leave. I think this attitude problem needs to leave the club as it's brought bad press and almost seems like it's made Pardew afraid to drop him.

Thanks for some great goals and excellent performances Demba we'll miss the goals but as long as he's replaced with a capable wide forward I think it'll be the best for all parties. Ba will be in a squad that will challenge for silverware and we can hopefully recover what has so far been a torrid season by bringing in the right players to help create a solid defensive side that plays fluid football.

f*** me, I'm not going through nigh on 50 pages to work out what's gone on the night but here's what I think.

1) Meh. Hate losing him but we tried to tie him down and I've ha enough warning for over a year to not be particularly p*ssed at anyone in this. Even Ba.

2) In fact the only ones to blame are the supporters.

3) Primerily the ones who never joined in this song -

Wonder Ba.

After watching his West Ham highlights on the 'tube I can only see this as being a massive bargain, especially if the contract thing is true.

:(

Not surprised at all to see Ba seemingly on the way out.

He has not really been committed to NUFC since the summer and he and Cisse just are not compatible as a duo. To his credit though, he has kept scoring and working hard although he is NOT a good target man and neither is Cisse because neither can hold up the ball when it is played up to them and they have defenders at their back.

Crucial to replace him properly and whilst Remy seems to be a skilful forward, it remains to be seen whether he will enjoy the cut and thrust up front in the PL.

Unfortunately, the club have got themselves into the position of being beggars and beggars cannot be choosers. The time to buy players is when you are doing well and preceived to be on the up - more reason why the summer was wasted.

On the credit side of this transfer, Ba's value and appeal to other clubs will decline after a year or so as he gets older and people begin to take account of his suspect knee so provided he is replaced properly I don't have too many problems with him leaving as he seems to be a bit of a lone-wolf mercenary.

Unfortunately, I don't think Ba will be the last of the decent players to leave.....almost certain Cabaye will go in summer because he is currently disillusioned and we WILL miss his talents.

Any time he wanted he could have signed and had that clause removed. He was never going to stay, and we can't make him. His loyalty is to money and not Newcastle United.Thanks for the goals, Demba. But I for one will be happier not to have the Sword of Damocles threatening every transfer window

Any time he wanted he could have signed and had that clause removed. He was never going to stay, and we can't make him. His loyalty is to money and not Newcastle United.Thanks for the goals, Demba. But I for one will be happier not to have the Sword of Damocles threatening every transfer window

name one player on our first team squad who is here for the love of the club and not because we offered them the best deal.

We can't stop him going and it' been a long time coming. For the people saying he's the total striker who can play in a number of positions it's been proven this season that although he can play other positions, he doesn't want to. I'm no way going to blame him completely for the awful football we've played for the majority of this season but the team has been built around him and created to get him scoring which he has obliged.

The negative to this is that we've been playing horrible football with no creativity and a rigid formation. When Pardew tried to change things against Everton, Ba was on the bench for 45 mins and kicked up a fuss and his agents making threats to leave. I think this attitude problem needs to leave the club as it's brought bad press and almost seems like it's made Pardew afraid to drop him.

Thanks for some great goals and excellent performances Demba we'll miss the goals but as long as he's replaced with a capable wide forward I think it'll be the best for all parties. Ba will be in a squad that will challenge for silverware and we can hopefully recover what has so far been a torrid season by bringing in the right players to help create a solid defensive side that plays fluid football.

agree.

Signing Ba was always going to be a short term thing, hence him only getting a three years deal, at a time others were getting five year deals.The release clause in his contract was just the agents way of stopping the club pricing him out of a move .Good Luck to him if he signs for the european champions. but players come and go hopefully we can sign someone can take the club forward,

name one player on our first team squad who is here for the love of the club and not because we offered them the best deal.

Nah, you point out the bit where I said he was the only one.

Him and his entourage are just trying to make as much money as possible before he retires.  Unfortunately, while Ba can make a shitload in wages, his advisors biggest paydays will come from signing on fees when he moves clubs so naturally they'll be moving him on as much as possible.

I don't buy that it hasn't affected him on the pitch.  His play is generally quite selfish and I get the feeling that as long as he's scoring goals to make himself look good to potential suitors then he doesn't care too much how the team performs.

It was always going to be a short term deal so let's just focus on getting he best out of the players we have (and any new arrivals).  Get Cisse in the middle and banging them in with Marveaux, HBA and Remy and I think we'll look bloody good.

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

Bollocks, Cisse's hold up play is regularly more accomplished than Ba's and that's without having as big a physique. Ba CAN do different jobs and roles but that's useless when he spits the dummy when asked to do his bit for the team.

Call Ba the best striker we've had since Shearer, that's fine. He isn't ACTUALLY Shearer for gods sake.

It's crazy that people seem to be OK with us potentially losing our top scorer.

Everyone's just reconciling it within themselves.  At this point it seems pointless to fight the inevitable so everyone starts looking for the silver lining.

Not me pal. The positives in this move have been staring us in the face for months, IF he's replaced properly.